Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1722-ministry-defence-singapore-dxo-all-faq.html)

Unregistered 23-11-2023 04:24 PM

not sure why so many people want to join, workload and stress level are super high here...pay might be above average but i regret every day
think twice about your decision please

Unregistered 24-11-2023 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 261215)
not sure why so many people want to join, workload and stress level are super high here...pay might be above average but i regret every day
think twice about your decision please

why u regret?
what happen?

Unregistered 24-11-2023 10:18 AM

Hi, any dxo working in army camp? Can share how the culture n pace are in general? Thanks.

Unregistered 24-11-2023 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 261291)
why u regret?
what happen?

lots of work, unrealistic expectations and high stress.. just so tired
For newcomers, my advice is to find out more about your prospective unit, would be good if you know someone in the organization who can give you more insights about what you are signing up for. Good luck to those joining and hope you all draw a better lot :s

Unregistered 25-11-2023 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 261367)
lots of work, unrealistic expectations and high stress.. just so tired
For newcomers, my advice is to find out more about your prospective unit, would be good if you know someone in the organization who can give you more insights about what you are signing up for. Good luck to those joining and hope you all draw a better lot :s

Sounds tough man… hopefully things will get better for ya..

Hear say can apply other dept/division after like 3-5 years? Maybe give it a try?

Unregistered 28-11-2023 06:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 261299)
Hi, any dxo working in army camp? Can share how the culture n pace are in general? Thanks.

+1 for this

Attire how? need formal? Hardly see anyone walking with shirt during my army days

Also smart devices can tag along? S.g. watch, phones(probably need to decam if bring to work place)

Unregistered 28-11-2023 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 261706)
+1 for this

Attire how? need formal? Hardly see anyone walking with shirt during my army days

Also smart devices can tag along? S.g. watch, phones(probably need to decam if bring to work place)

not from army. but if you ask me, army should be more 'relaxed' then airforce and navy camps.

attire wise, DXOs used to require formal office wear mon to thurs and can dress down on friday. it has changed since 2-3 years ago. can dress down daily if working internally in office. only need to dress formal if meeting external parties and for formal events.

there is also a change in camera phone policy. can bring in alr. but depends on where you are going in the camp also. smart watch is allowed if i recall correctly.

Unregistered 28-11-2023 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 261745)
not from army. but if you ask me, army should be more 'relaxed' then airforce and navy camps.

attire wise, DXOs used to require formal office wear mon to thurs and can dress down on friday. it has changed since 2-3 years ago. can dress down daily if working internally in office. only need to dress formal if meeting external parties and for formal events.

there is also a change in camera phone policy. can bring in alr. but depends on where you are going in the camp also. smart watch is allowed if i recall correctly.

Thanks for sharing ya

Unregistered 30-11-2023 04:30 PM

Any kind soul who is currently working as a DXO able to share how is the working environment? E.g. do you need to write a lot of papers? How is the IT systems, like are you all using the same as other ministry (M365) via system upgrade push down from govtech? I always have this image of mindef using slow and outdated systems (:p not sure why). How the working environment? Cubicles clean not? Big not? Toilets clean ma? Etc etc.

Unregistered 03-12-2023 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 261931)
Any kind soul who is currently working as a DXO able to share how is the working environment? E.g. do you need to write a lot of papers? How is the IT systems, like are you all using the same as other ministry (M365) via system upgrade push down from govtech? I always have this image of mindef using slow and outdated systems (:p not sure why). How the working environment? Cubicles clean not? Big not? Toilets clean ma? Etc etc.

toilets are nice and clean in the office buildings