Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1722-ministry-defence-singapore-dxo-all-faq.html)

Unregistered 04-12-2023 08:57 PM

Hi, please help a lost soul out... does anyone know what does a site visit entails? What are some of the questions asked?

Unregistered 04-12-2023 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 262285)
Hi, please help a lost soul out... does anyone know what does a site visit entails? What are some of the questions asked?

Site visit entails that you are one of or the only one candidate of their choice. This is actually to you the future working environment, the colleagues, facilities, office distance etc

So rather them than asking you (which already happened during interview), this would be for you to ask them and find out more.

Unregistered 04-12-2023 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 262288)
Site visit entails that you are one of or the only one candidate of their choice. This is actually to you the future working environment, the colleagues, facilities, office distance etc

So rather them than asking you (which already happened during interview), this would be for you to ask them and find out more.

Thank you very much! May I know how would you be able to stand out from other potential plausible candidates then?

Unregistered 08-12-2023 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 262285)

if u kena jio site visit/preview, more or less u 3/4 in liao
don't mess things up

Unregistered 04-01-2024 08:59 AM

Hi, would like to check what DX grade are managers in Mindef, and whether HR practices movement policy? I am currently an AD in another ministry, just wondering if I will get offered lower if I were to go over.

Unregistered 05-01-2024 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 264825)
Hi, would like to check what DX grade are managers in Mindef, and whether HR practices movement policy? I am currently an AD in another ministry, just wondering if I will get offered lower if I were to go over.

Hi. Managers are DX10. Senior Managers are DX11. ADs in MINDEF are DX12. the position you apply will already determine the DX grade that you will get. So if you apply for a manger post, then you will be a manager.

for movement policy, if you are asking if HR will rotate you around after staying in your position after sometime, then yes. but its not exactly HR that moves you. You get to choose from a variety that are also due for posting the same time as you.

Unregistered 05-01-2024 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 264974)
Hi. Managers are DX10. Senior Managers are DX11. ADs in MINDEF are DX12. the position you apply will already determine the DX grade that you will get. So if you apply for a manger post, then you will be a manager.

for movement policy, if you are asking if HR will rotate you around after staying in your position after sometime, then yes. but its not exactly HR that moves you. You get to choose from a variety that are also due for posting the same time as you.

Do you have a reference salary range for DX10? Thank you very much for answering.

Unregistered 06-01-2024 03:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 265001)
Do you have a reference salary range for DX10? Thank you very much for answering.

My sources might not be accurate as its based on pantry talks.

DX10- ranges from 5k to 8k+. there is a soft ceiling of around low 7k. beyond that is a 'promotion' within the same DX10 range and up to 8K+. most ppl would have been promoted to SM or AD before hitting the 8k range.

for each jump from DX10 to 11 and 12, you just roughly add 1k to the ceiling for each of them. hope this helps.

Unregistered 08-01-2024 01:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 265008)
My sources might not be accurate as its based on pantry talks.

DX10- ranges from 5k to 8k+. there is a soft ceiling of around low 7k. beyond that is a 'promotion' within the same DX10 range and up to 8K+. most ppl would have been promoted to SM or AD before hitting the 8k range.

for each jump from DX10 to 11 and 12, you just roughly add 1k to the ceiling for each of them. hope this helps.

thank you very much boss, seems like i am getting offered a Manager role even though I am current an AD, not sure what to expect. will wait for the offer and see how.

Unregistered 08-01-2024 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 265141)
thank you very much boss, seems like i am getting offered a Manager role even though I am current an AD, not sure what to expect. will wait for the offer and see how.

some ministry/SB may offer fresh entries as AD
but aiya, title fancy sounding only

AD in one ministry/SB = manager or SM at another SB/agency lor

eg MTI