Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1722-ministry-defence-singapore-dxo-all-faq.html)

Unregistered 11-01-2024 04:18 PM

About getting to MINDEF Building by bicycle

This may seem like a weird question to ask: I wanna ask if cycling from Cashew MRT to the MINDEF building is allowed because the walk is ~1km according to google map?

I will be starting my job at MINDEF the next month and my workplace is supposedly at the MINDEF Building in Gombak Dr. I don't drive. Neither do I want to grab to the workplace from home; although it takes 1.5h in total to get to the building from home by public tpt (but it is cheaper to travel by mrt la).

Unregistered 11-01-2024 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 265373)
This may seem like a weird question to ask: I wanna ask if cycling from Cashew MRT to the MINDEF building is allowed because the walk is ~1km according to google map?

I will be starting my job at MINDEF the next month and my workplace is supposedly at the MINDEF Building in Gombak Dr. I don't drive. Neither do I want to grab to the workplace from home; although it takes 1.5h in total to get to the building from home by public tpt (but it is cheaper to travel by mrt la).

I tot got shuttle bus?

Unregistered 11-01-2024 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 265373)

I think it is allowed. as long as you follow traffic and camp rules. i.e safety gears. do ask your new dept though.

side note: you know the slope to mindef is quite steep right?

Unregistered 12-01-2024 06:30 PM

Worth it for law fresh grad to join MINDEF Legal as DXO?

Unregistered 12-01-2024 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 265448)

u got try apply other places' legal or???
not interested to join law firm either?

Unregistered 13-01-2024 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 265448)

only you can answer the question...
U planning for a job or a career?
What are you options and opportunities now?.....5 yrs later....10 yr later, etc
You cannot plan for everything, but fail to plan and likely you plan to fail

Unregistered 14-01-2024 01:26 PM

Failure to do adhoc financial declaration on loan status

Hi would like to check if anyone knows the procedures of failure to do adhoc financial declaration? How to mitigate?

Unregistered 14-01-2024 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 265562)
Hi would like to check if anyone knows the procedures of failure to do adhoc financial declaration? How to mitigate?

To add on, still under probation…

Unregistered 14-01-2024 04:09 PM

Quote:

what u meant u fail to do?

tot HR side or organisation wide would have some mailer to email everyone to hello that the time of the year is here to do the financial declaration?

must also submit a nil return if u have nth to declare.

Unregistered 14-01-2024 05:10 PM

Quote:

I think there should be 2 parts to your qn.

looks like you took a loan and didnt/forget/dont know need to declare. then just seek your immediate superiors advice. maybe he need to write a report or conduct investigations or help you clarify with the policy people.

second is whether you are considered indebted. some loans are ok, but some loans must declare. if indebted, then you cant hold financial positions until you pay off.

dont really have any advice on how to mitigate. maybe just quickly pay it off if possible and get it below 3 months of your salary. make sure you are paying on time.