Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Job Application with MOE (non-teaching position) (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1593-job-application-ministry-education-singapore-non-teaching-position.html)

Unregistered 07-10-2020 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 146362)
Hi

Anyone, shortlisted for Trained School Counsellor Position? Care to share? Got an email from HR requesting for documents. Just wondering after submitting how long do I have to wait for the interview.

Hoping for the Best

I am also shortlisted for Trained School Counsellor. Interview on 22 October.

Unregistered 07-10-2020 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 146305)
Just got an email from HR (on a Sunday) that I have been shortlisted for the interview as a Counselor to be held on 8 Oct. So far, no instruction to submit documents but they did require one of my character referee to send them an excel document highlighting my attributes (part of the assessment process I think).

I am actually not so sure about the pay scale and whether if the pay cut is significant. Can’t find much info online. While the job as a school Counselor is noble, I do have a family to care for. My current gross is about $6.1k.

Also, what is the training in NIE like?

Pls share the details of the interview. Thanks

Unregistered 08-10-2020 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 146964)
I am also shortlisted for Trained School Counsellor. Interview on 22 October.

Hello,

My interview also on 22 October. All the Best!!!

Anxious

Unregistered 10-10-2020 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 146965)
Pls share the details of the interview. Thanks

Interview was pretty standard. Total 3 interviewers - One Lead Counsellor, One Principal and One HR personnel.

Basically, they asked why u wanna be a counsellor, they will also give u a scenario if u are faced with difficult parents. Questions were pretty expected and nothing out of the ordinary.

Unregistered 10-10-2020 08:45 PM

Thanks for sharing! But were you given an offer or you have to wait for their reply?

Unregistered 11-10-2020 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 147126)
Thanks for sharing! But were you given an offer or you have to wait for their reply?

Have to wait for their reply. Maybe in two weeks? Not really sure. But from their timeline, sch stint starts in Jan 2021. So signing of documents could be late Nov 2020.

Unregistered 18-10-2020 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 147173)
Have to wait for their reply. Maybe in two weeks? Not really sure. But from their timeline, sch stint starts in Jan 2021. So signing of documents could be late Nov 2020.

Just to update this thread, received the email that I am not successful today.

Unregistered 19-10-2020 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 147549)

Thanks for sharing!

Unregistered 20-10-2020 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 147549)

During the interview, did the interviewers hint anything about what they were looking for?

XXYY 21-10-2020 03:09 PM

Did you receive any reply from MOE so far? I went to MOE for interview on 13 Oct but did not get any news after that. Not sure how long I should wait....The position I applied is PGDE untrained teacher....