Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Job Application with MOE (non-teaching position) (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1593-job-application-ministry-education-singapore-non-teaching-position.html)

Unregistered 17-01-2018 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KPO (Post 103847)
Thank you for sharing.

A stable and balanced job is all I am asking. A nice environment and opportunities for self-development would be added bonuses.

Spoke to HR last Friday. She said she will call me back :)

Hi KPO. That's good news. Hope you have already got something so far. I been to some interviews too. Although it was not mentioned outright, our age is definitely a factor in their consideration. Cheers.

KPO 17-01-2018 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 103905)
Hi KPO. That's good news. Hope you have already got something so far. I been to some interviews too. Although it was not mentioned outright, our age is definitely a factor in their consideration. Cheers.

Nope still no calls from HR but I did attend one interview with another organisation today.
I still prefer MOE.

Age is like that cup of water, half full or half empty...

KPO 26-01-2018 06:09 PM

She said she will call but still no news from MOE and my Careers Gov status is still as "shortlisted". By the way, its already 2 months since the first interview.

There is nothing I can do but proceed with other scheduled interviews...

Unregistered 08-02-2018 05:19 PM

usually how long does MOE get back? I just went for an interview at MOE in Jan and the HR mentioned that it takes 4-5 weeks to update me the outcome.

Unregistered 08-02-2018 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 104499)
usually how long does MOE get back? I just went for an interview at MOE in Jan and the HR mentioned that it takes 4-5 weeks to update me the outcome.

what position was that?

Unregistered 09-02-2018 09:40 AM

it is the admin manager post.

Unregistered 09-02-2018 06:40 PM

Anyone got invited to attend the 13th Feb information session for School Counsellor (For Applicants without Counselling Training) position?

Past successful applicants, could you share the selection process?

Unregistered 10-02-2018 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 104527)
Anyone got invited to attend the 13th Feb information session for School Counsellor (For Applicants without Counselling Training) position?

Past successful applicants, could you share the selection process?

I am attending, have submitted the online personality test last night and just received an email indicating I was shortlisted on the career gov portal.

Unregistered 13-02-2018 09:54 PM

Hi. I am very keen on the ECG Counsellor position at MOE. Does anyone know if there is a time frame (e.g. by June) for the shortlisted Counsellors to start work? How is the hiring process like? Thank you.

Unregistered 22-02-2018 10:48 PM

Received a call from MOE HR this evening, to attend interview for School Counsellors (those without counselling training). This is the follow up from the 13th Feb Information Session.