Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Job Application with MOE (non-teaching position) (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1593-job-application-ministry-education-singapore-non-teaching-position.html)

Waiting 02-03-2018 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 104938)
Received a call from MOE HR this evening, to attend interview for School Counsellors (those without counselling training). This is the follow up from the 13th Feb Information Session.

Hi! Have you gone for your interview? How did it go?

For those who have gone through this journey, how long is the wait before we know the outcome of the interview?

Thank you in advance.

Unregistered 02-03-2018 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Waiting (Post 105246)

For those who have gone through this journey, how long is the wait before we know the outcome of the interview?

Thank you in advance.

My scheduled interview is on 7th March.

Unregistered 04-03-2018 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Waiting (Post 105246)

Thank you in advance.

The school stint starts in June 2018.
If interview is in March and you are successful, you will be appointed before the school stint starts. So the longest wait would be around 3 months.

Unregistered 09-03-2018 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 105322)
The school stint starts in June 2018.
If interview is in March and you are successful, you will be appointed before the school stint starts. So the longest wait would be around 3 months.

After the 7th March interview (and there will only be this interview), how long does it take for them to recruit/appoint me? Will it be phone call, email or snail mail?

Unregistered 15-03-2018 08:46 AM

I went for the school counsellor interview on 7th March (wed).
Received unsuccessful outcome via email on 14 March (wed).

Within a span of one week and taking into account the weekend, would the rejection be due to
- fail interview or
- fail clearance or
..?

anyone from HR can advise?

Snowbelle83 25-03-2018 01:10 AM

Hi

Does anyone know what are the check MOE will do for not teaching role?

Thanks in advance

Meow 26-03-2018 03:29 PM

Any newd?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 96553)
I applied for a MOE adjunct position (1 year contract) and went for interview on 26 Jan.
Got a letter to go for a medical checkup and done it on 24 Feb.
Got a call from HR to submit more documents on 01 Mar. Send and received by the HR on 02 Mar.
Send an email to HR asking any updates on 15 Mar. HR reply 1 day later, saying currently processing my application.
Called HR on 30 Mar for updates. They reply saying will update me the following week.
Gave them a call and HR say still no update and say they are still processing. The HR lady also say my case seem to be unusually long, claiming the managers are still deciding and she does not know the reasons for the delay.
My job application status for this job in the career.gov shows "Shortlisted"

So does this mean I'm not getting this position?

Hi..did you get the job? I went for MOE school lab tech last friday (23/3/18) on mon (26/3/18) thry called me up for futher documents. Im not sure of i get the job tho.

Unregistered 26-03-2018 08:23 PM

Hi, I have applied for the ICT Associate/Manager on 2 Dec, to be assigned/stationed in school. I had gone for several school interview by a a panel of P, VP and ICT-HOD.

I was informed from one of the school Admin Manager that I have being shortlisted on 12 Feb 2018. And to await for HQ clearance which normally takes 2 to 3 months, she proclaimed.

My question, I read the forum and learnt we could check our status from Career@Gov on the status. I tried checking but couldn’t find any status of my application.

Could anyone advice where can I check that status?

Thank you

Unregistered 26-03-2018 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 106181)
Hi, I have applied for the ICT Associate/Manager on 2 Dec, to be assigned/stationed in school. I had gone for several school interview by a a panel of P, VP and ICT-HOD.

I was informed from one of the school Admin Manager that I have being shortlisted on 12 Feb 2018. And to await for HQ clearance which normally takes 2 to 3 months, she proclaimed.

My question, I read the forum and learnt we could check our status from Career@Gov on the status. I tried checking but couldn’t find any status of my application.

Could anyone advice where can I check that status?

Thank you

Hi everyone, I found my status in Career@gov. It is reflecting “Submitted”.

From the day I submitted all requested document (19/3/18), I suppose the waiting time(2-3 months) as per quoted by the school Admin Manager. I hope there will be good news soon.

Fingercross

Unregistered 29-03-2018 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 106170)
Hi..did you get the job? I went for MOE school lab tech last friday (23/3/18) on mon (26/3/18) thry called me up for futher documents. Im not sure of i get the job tho.

I applied for MOE labtec years ago. Aug apply, interview in Oct, confirmed in Dec and started work in late feb the following year. Good luck! They can be quite slow.