Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Job Application with MOE (non-teaching position) (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1593-job-application-ministry-education-singapore-non-teaching-position.html)

Unregistered 27-09-2020 08:38 PM

School Counselor (Untrained)

Just got an email from HR (on a Sunday) that I have been shortlisted for the interview as a Counselor to be held on 8 Oct. So far, no instruction to submit documents but they did require one of my character referee to send them an excel document highlighting my attributes (part of the assessment process I think).

I am actually not so sure about the pay scale and whether if the pay cut is significant. Can’t find much info online. While the job as a school Counselor is noble, I do have a family to care for. My current gross is about $6.1k.

Also, what is the training in NIE like?

Anxious 28-09-2020 12:35 AM

School Counsellor (untrained)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 146305)
Just got an email from HR (on a Sunday) that I have been shortlisted for the interview as a Counselor to be held on 8 Oct. So far, no instruction to submit documents but they did require one of my character referee to send them an excel document highlighting my attributes (part of the assessment process I think).

I am actually not so sure about the pay scale and whether if the pay cut is significant. Can’t find much info online. While the job as a school Counselor is noble, I do have a family to care for. My current gross is about $6.1k.

Lucky you! Congratulations! I submitted application in mid August and have yet to get a response. I think my chances of getting shortlisted is close to zero.

Unregistered 29-09-2020 01:02 PM

Hi

Anyone, shortlisted for Trained School Counsellor Position? Care to share? Got an email from HR requesting for documents. Just wondering after submitting how long do I have to wait for the interview.

Hoping for the Best

Unregistered 30-09-2020 04:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 146305)

The starting pay for untrained counsellor is from $2700+-$4300+.

Pay cut is alot.

Unregistered 30-09-2020 09:12 AM

Hello,

I am shortlisted for Trained School Counsellor Position. Can someone share your experience for the interview if you have gone thru it. And what dress code is good for the interview?

Thank you in advance.

Anxious and Excited.

Unregistered 02-10-2020 12:30 PM

Hello,

Anyone, any news from MOE for Trained/Untrained Counsellor Position?

Waiting Blindly - Anxious waiting

Unregistered 02-10-2020 02:00 PM

Hello, anyone know how long is the wait after interview for the offer if any? TIA

Unregistered 03-10-2020 06:07 AM

There is only 1 counsellor in every school. You can do the math. These days, counselors are on contract based at least initially... To be honest, not worth it. Being a teacher is better.

Unregistered 07-10-2020 11:00 AM

After interview, need wait how long?

Hi,

I just finished my interview last Thursday (1st Oct) @ MOE HQ for a executive position in one of their policy group.

Yet to hear from the HR until now.
Any idea how long it will takes usually?

Thanks!

Unregistered 07-10-2020 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 146553)
Hello, anyone know how long is the wait after interview for the offer if any? TIA

I giving myself 1-2 weeks after the interview. Otherwise, I take it as unsuccessful.