Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 30-11-2021 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 191995)
What is the avg starting pay for a fresh grad joining BIG4?

Depends which department. The largest is audit. You can find the information a few pages back.

Unregistered 30-11-2021 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 191989)
Wow auditors do earn well. I wonder why everyone here cribs about low pay. HELLO, 12 k per month for mid 30s is very very good. Even if stuck at SM for life, you're set

you must be a fresh grad or a uni student. you work in big 4 then talk

Unregistered 30-11-2021 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 192006)

cuz u don't get to clock in and out and continue dreaming if u think that you can clock endless OT hours and get extra OT pay lol

Unregistered 30-11-2021 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 191918)
Seeing so many people working so late beyond their working hours is simply tragic. Research hace shown that working overtime is linked with increased likelihood of developing critical illnesses or death. Imagine developing such complications in your mid life, this may cause a strain in your family resources which is saddening. Dont you guys feel even a sense of guilt when this happened to your loved ones??

If you do feel sense of guilt, thats the right way to think. As a financial services director and a Chartered Financial Consultant, i am specialized in providing financial and wealth advisory services specializing on family planning for middle aged adults. With over 12 years of experience in the financial services industry, such adversaties mentioned above would not be an obstacle with the financial products that we could offer.

Alternatively, if you want to step out of the corporate slave life, you could also join our team which are experienced financial consultants that are well renumerated compared to other industries such as banking, law and medicine.

If you are interested, do not hesitate to hit me up :)

don't anyhow quote from xyz jak palang research leh I google no statistics or research papers to support. where is your APA or MLA citation

if i feel sense of guilt i will go to church and seek answer from jesus

Unregistered 30-11-2021 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 192006)

why are you so unfriendly? This place is for university students and fresh graduates.

Unregistered 30-11-2021 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 192021)
why are you so unfriendly? This place is for university students and fresh graduates.

Because they are too naive and they think they can become partner.

They talk until got dragon got tiger think they can become SM and earn big money but most will quit in 2-3 years. They think they are superman and can OT until 1am then they regret once they join big 4 and experience the stress

Less than 1% from each batch can become partner

Unregistered 30-11-2021 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 192045)

They talk until got dragon got tiger think they can become SM and earn big money but most will quit in 2-3 years. They think they are superman and can OT until 1am then they regret once they join big 4 and experience the stress

you behkan and strawberry doesn't mean others same as you

Unregistered 30-11-2021 11:49 PM

Quote:

I am among the exceptions. It was my goal since polytechnic days to go B4, and I joined knowing it might get challenging and so far (>4 yrs) I can handle the workload.

Lol probably hard to believe but I turned down higher paying offers (had good honours) as a fresh graduate and instead chose B4.

I'm a bit of a workaholic who enjoy working late due to domestic problems so prefer not to go home early.

Unregistered 01-12-2021 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 192057)
I'm a bit of a workaholic who enjoy working late due to domestic problems so prefer not to go home early.

I knew it. Those who stay long in Big 4 usually have no hobbies, no life outside work, no friends, problems with parents, gf,bf, husband, wife

Unregistered 01-12-2021 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 192058)
I knew it. Those who stay long in Big 4 usually have no hobbies, no life outside work, no friends, problems with parents, gf,bf, husband, wife

I’m in this post and I don’t like it.

Unregistered 01-12-2021 12:20 PM

Quote:

Lol you should know whether you are that good to become partner. If your whole life has been mediocre average performer, don’t count on a miracle.

If you are capable and you know it, have been high flier over achiever, then to be honest I believe you will make it wherever you go.

Unregistered 01-12-2021 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 192057)
I am among the exceptions. It was my goal since polytechnic days to go B4, and I joined knowing it might get challenging and so far (>4 yrs) I can handle the workload.

Lol probably hard to believe but I turned down higher paying offers (had good honours) as a fresh graduate and instead chose B4.

talk cock sia this fellow, if deadset on big 4 then why even interview for other companies?

Unregistered 01-12-2021 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 192116)
talk cock sia this fellow, if deadset on big 4 then why even interview for other companies?

Haha why not? I'm not the above poster but don't you guys cast your net wide when applying? I've friends who didn't even manage to get into a single big 4 with near first-class honours. Anything can happen and I don't think that he's talking cock

Unregistered 01-12-2021 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 192117)
Haha why not? I'm not the above poster but don't you guys cast your net wide when applying? I've friends who didn't even manage to get into a single big 4 with near first-class honours. Anything can happen and I don't think that he's talking cock

its normal to cast wide... if u are not dead set. but from whwat this fellow is saying, he sounds like a hardcore big 4 fanboy

Unregistered 01-12-2021 04:09 PM

To poly students, yes, Big4 is hype and to die for.

Not so much for university students.

Some poly students who went to university carried that thinking over without entertaining other options.

Unregistered 01-12-2021 04:13 PM

Quote:

If you cannot get a single big 4 audit offer with near first class honours, you need to reevaluate your interview skills.

maybe they were assessed to be not a good fit?

Unregistered 01-12-2021 05:47 PM

Quote:

HAHAHAHA near fch cannot enter Big 4? What crack you smoking bruh. Big 4 hires legions of malaysians with tunku abdul raham degree and private degrees. They'll basically hire anyone with half a brain who can string a sentence together (albeit not perfect or even good English since we know the average auditor has piss poor language skills).

Your friend is either full or bull or you are. Actually I think you're a Big 4 auditor trying to hype up the exclusivity of Big 4 when it is far from the first choice of even mediocre uni grads nowadays.

Unregistered 01-12-2021 05:49 PM

Quote:

the secret is to not be stressed. you can OT and tio gan and still not be stressed. At the end of the day, deadline come FS also sign!

Unregistered 01-12-2021 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 192134)
HAHAHAHA near fch cannot enter Big 4? What crack you smoking bruh. Big 4 hires legions of malaysians with tunku abdul raham degree and private degrees. They'll basically hire anyone with half a brain who can string a sentence together (albeit not perfect or even good English since we know the average auditor has piss poor language skills).

Your friend is either full or bull or you are. Actually I think you're a Big 4 auditor trying to hype up the exclusivity of Big 4 when it is far from the first choice of even mediocre uni grads nowadays.

most midhires are malaysians, dont disagree. but in general the A1s still are mainly from local U, notwithstanding that the pull factor from B4 isnt what it is in the past they still have the capacity to reject people. your attitude like that you FCH from where i also wont hire you lol

Unregistered 01-12-2021 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 192134)

Possible if his friends are not from accountancy.

Unregistered 01-12-2021 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 192137)
Possible if his friends are not from accountancy.

They are, just do a linkedin search and you'll see people from local accountancy courses in mid tiers. Not trying to upsell big 4 or anything!

Unregistered 01-12-2021 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 192139)
They are, just do a linkedin search and you'll see people from local accountancy courses in mid tiers. Not trying to upsell big 4 or anything!

Your definition of "local accountancy courses" includes the 2 newer ones?

Unregistered 01-12-2021 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 192140)
Your definition of "local accountancy courses" includes the 2 newer ones?

No, big 3. Just go on linkedin, you'll get your answer

Unregistered 01-12-2021 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 192141)
No, big 3. Just go on linkedin, you'll get your answer

Example? I don't know anyone with a 2nd Upper or First Class Honors from Big 3 Accountancy which went to mid-tier.

Unregistered 01-12-2021 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 192142)
Example? I don't know anyone with a 2nd Upper or First Class Honors from Big 3 Accountancy which went to mid-tier.

You don't know how to use LinkedIn..? 😱

Unregistered 01-12-2021 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 192145)

Haha wad u xpect from these boomers who jus complain all day. They behkan

Unregistered 01-12-2021 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 192145)

Lets go ahead with I don't and show me some examples.

Unregistered 01-12-2021 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 192146)
Haha wad u xpect from these boomers who jus complain all day. They behkan

I'm born in 1990.

Unregistered 01-12-2021 06:39 PM

There probably are local university graduates with good honors in mid-tiers, but I guess not many and would be a minority? Those who still want to do audit, but prefer a different portfolio of clients?

Unregistered 01-12-2021 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 192139)

This is damn sad leh. mid tier starting pay not even 3k. workload can be worse than big 4 if kena lousy engagement

Imagine you study so hard for A level to enter big 3 uni accountancy then ended up in mid tier earning 2.8k and work like a dog. Must be previous life do evil things to end up in such a situation.

Unregistered 01-12-2021 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 192151)
This is damn sad leh. mid tier starting pay not even 3k. workload can be worse than big 4 if kena lousy engagement

Imagine you study so hard for A level to enter big 3 uni accountancy then ended up in mid tier earning 2.8k and work like a dog. Must be previous life do evil things to end up in such a situation.

I don't think BBC/C can be equated to "study so hard for A level".

It's still a decent score but you're exaggerating too much.

Unregistered 01-12-2021 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 192153)
I don't think BBC/C can be equated to "study so hard for A level".

It's still a decent score but you're exaggerating too much.

Still better than tengku Abdul Rahman uni. Next time should just go Malaysia study at TAR uni then apply mid tier in SG. Why go through a levels or poly in SG

Unregistered 01-12-2021 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 192157)
Still better than tengku Abdul Rahman uni. Next time should just go Malaysia study at TAR uni then apply mid tier in SG. Why go through a levels or poly in SG

my god, this tunku abdul rahman uni is real. saw many malaysians with such profiles. shall strike the big 4 off my list!

Unregistered 01-12-2021 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 192157)

I have not heard of this uni.

Unregistered 01-12-2021 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 192160)
my god, this tunku abdul rahman uni is real. saw many malaysians with such profiles. shall strike the big 4 off my list!

Try adding MBB to your list please?

Unregistered 01-12-2021 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 192160)

lmao yes. this is the reality and educational standards of auditors in singapore. and still got ppl here csb say near first class honors from big3 local u cannot get into big 4.

i have no doubt that there r some very smart ppl in audit but like all fields with such low barriers to entry the variance is very wide

these high iq ppl will leave for other more challenging fields cos their intelligence is wasted on doing audit at the junior level

of cos there are others who r very good relationally & good client skills. these guys will eventually make partners if they can progress thru the initial grind

by and large, the average competition is from TAR and private degree holders. no high flier goes to audit.

don't believe me? ask yourself honestly. how many people who studied overseas in good unis like LSE, Oxbrige, UCL, Ivy league have u heard, joining big 4 as A1? Lmao

Unregistered 01-12-2021 08:58 PM

In the past 5 years, I can name you 2 local university Gold Medal winners who started their careers in B4 as A1.

Unregistered 01-12-2021 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 192166)
lmao yes. this is the reality and educational standards of auditors in singapore. and still got ppl here csb say near first class honors from big3 local u cannot get into big 4.

i have no doubt that there r some very smart ppl in audit but like all fields with such low barriers to entry the variance is very wide

these high iq ppl will leave for other more challenging fields cos their intelligence is wasted on doing audit at the junior level

of cos there are others who r very good relationally & good client skills. these guys will eventually make partners if they can progress thru the initial grind

by and large, the average competition is from TAR and private degree holders. no high flier goes to audit.

don't believe me? ask yourself honestly. how many people who studied overseas in good unis like LSE, Oxbrige, UCL, Ivy league have u heard, joining big 4 as A1? Lmao

Tunku abdul rahman uni and indian institute of mgmt are better than NUS/NTU/SMU.

There are lots of MBB partners from TAR and IIM, can't say the same for NUS/NTU/SMU. :o

Unregistered 01-12-2021 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unregistered (Post 192170)
in the past 5 years, i can name you 2 local university gold medal winners who started their careers in b4 as a1.

can you name them please!

Unregistered 01-12-2021 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 192176)
can you name them please!

thats cos they kanna brain-washed and drank too much of the big 4 kool aid