Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 30-10-2021 03:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 188484)
I find it funny that local University students (NTU) especially, join the big 4.
What are they drawing? 3k a month? LOL!

Yet they have to mix with people from SUSS /SUTD/ Tunku Abdul Ramen uni.

Damn xia suay most of them sia. I'm from tunku adbul uni, I never study also earn same pay as local university graduates. Don't know what goes on in the heads of NTU students to be frank

Why 3k? I believe salary has changed in recent times. I question if u are even from big 4.

Anyway, I joined KP and is earning more than they other big 4 due to CA 20%.
Please laugh at them, not me. I'm highly paid

Unregistered 30-10-2021 09:11 AM

Quote:

I find it funny that local University students (NTU) especially, join the big 4.

Damn xia suay most of them sia. I'm from tunku adbul uni, I never study also earn same pay as local university graduates. Don't know what goes on in the heads of NTU students to be frank

And 10 to 15 yrs down the road these ppl become SMs or partners and make more than you :)

Unregistered 30-10-2021 09:37 AM

Quote:

You referring to yellow? Yellow is the most cheapskate and love to hire work permit holders from Malaysia. They know work permit holders will tolerate their nonsense to get PR. Every now and then they will send email about well being while increasing your workload. Big 4 with SME sweatshop mentality

Unregistered 30-10-2021 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 188507)
And 10 to 15 yrs down the road these ppl become SMs or partners and make more than you :)

Hmm that is the rare 10% that makes SM.

What I hear is most people jump out after 3 to 5 years to get a cushy job in some MNC. By cushy I mean they only review instead of doing the grunt work. Delegate all the work out only have to give instructions and high level strategy planning and get paid 6 to 8k. Sounds good.

Unregistered 30-10-2021 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 188485)
Why 3k? I believe salary has changed in recent times. I question if u are even from big 4.

Anyway, I joined KP and is earning more than they other big 4 due to CA 20%.
Please laugh at them, not me. I'm highly paid

Are YOU a CA?

Unregistered 30-10-2021 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 188507)

I find it funny you lack comprehension. 10 to 15 years down the road i would have have progressed beyong those SM and partners bro. Are you even from a big 4? Or are you stalking this thread hoping to be one of us? You can continue to wait, when i leave i tell you so u can fill my vacancy. Or you need me to refer you in? If not keep quiet

Unregistered 30-10-2021 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 188518)
I find it funny you lack comprehension. 10 to 15 years down the road i would have have progressed beyong those SM and partners bro. Are you even from a big 4? Or are you stalking this thread hoping to be one of us? You can continue to wait, when i leave i tell you so u can fill my vacancy. Or you need me to refer you in? If not keep quiet

Then come back talk in 15 years la

Unregistered 30-10-2021 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 188511)
Are YOU a CA?

If i tell you i have 3 CA, 2 CPA. You also will believe me. Thats how daft you are.
Btw did i tell u i also have just 1 CFA? Dont tell me mother pls, im still in the process of getting a 2nd one.

Unregistered 30-10-2021 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 188508)
You referring to yellow? Yellow is the most cheapskate and love to hire work permit holders from Malaysia. They know work permit holders will tolerate their nonsense to get PR. Every now and then they will send email about well being while increasing your workload. Big 4 with SME sweatshop mentality

Wow how did you know? I believe u are my soul mate as you could read my mind. But there is one funny thing i realize most NTU people do when they get promoted, which is to update their linkedin profile. The need to over compensate to tell others that they have moved past their 3k salary.

Unregistered 30-10-2021 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 188520)
If i tell you i have 3 CA, 2 CPA. You also will believe me. Thats how daft you are.
Btw did i tell u i also have just 1 CFA? Dont tell me mother pls, im still in the process of getting a 2nd one.

Do you have CA(Singapore)? Yes or no

Unregistered 30-10-2021 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 188522)
Do you have CA(Singapore)? Yes or no

Please dont interrogate me, im feeling scared

Anw if you want me refer you to a big4, just say. Dont keep coming in this thread. U will never be like me

Unregistered 30-10-2021 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 188518)

Some big cannon fairy here spouting nonsense behind the computer :)

Unregistered 30-10-2021 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 188523)
Please dont interrogate me, im feeling scared

Anw if you want me refer you to a big4, just say. Dont keep coming in this thread. U will never be like me

Lol what interrogation?

Are you a Chartered Accountant of Singapore? Yes or No. Very easy question.

Unregistered 30-10-2021 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 188524)
Some big cannon fairy here spouting nonsense behind the computer :)

And you behind what? TV? Radio? You just a piece of bakwa

Unregistered 30-10-2021 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 188525)
Lol what interrogation?

Are you a Chartered Accountant of Singapore? Yes or No. Very easy question.

Keep quiet please you just anothe bakwa

Unregistered 30-10-2021 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 188527)

Why are you replying to yourself? You ok not?

Unregistered 30-10-2021 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 188527)

Answer leh. Yes or No only. Very hard meh?

Unregistered 30-10-2021 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 188528)
Why are you replying to yourself? You ok not?

Yes i am myself replying to me being myself replying to you talking to me while being you and myself

Unregistered 30-10-2021 12:42 PM

Quote:

Good what you beat them

Unregistered 30-10-2021 01:51 PM

Stop arguing lah. The brutal truth is, if you choose audit as a path, your pay trajectory will be much lower and flatter compared to many other white collar industries . And the prospects of making partner at a B4 are incredibly low. And even on a like-for-like comparison with other industries, a B4 partner's takehome comp is generally worse than a partner-equivalent's takehome comp in other industries.

So suck it up and deal with it.

External audit is an industry kept artificially propped alive for the sole purpose of fulfilling regulatory requirements. The industry pay is reflective of that.

Unregistered 30-10-2021 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 188541)
Stop arguing lah. The brutal truth is, if you choose audit as a path, your pay trajectory will be much lower and flatter compared to many other white collar industries . And the prospects of making partner at a B4 are incredibly low. And even on a like-for-like comparison with other industries, a B4 partner's takehome comp is generally worse than a partner-equivalent's takehome comp in other industries.

So suck it up and deal with it.

External audit is an industry kept artificially propped alive for the sole purpose of fulfilling regulatory requirements. The industry pay is reflective of that.

What you say make sense. But the reason why our pay is so low is because of the foreigners that big 4 keep importing. Any tom dick across the causeway will willingly accept the exchange rate difference. That is why locals suffer. But with the covid lockdown, look how quickly our partners react by raising the salary of auditors to attack locals.

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. I get higher salary and also get to eat snake while we WFH! Thank you partners! karma.

Unregistered 30-10-2021 02:52 PM

Some of the kids these days simply cannot take hardship

Small small thing also cannot this cannot that

This kind of attitude go where also won’t be successful one

Unregistered 30-10-2021 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 188530)
Yes i am myself replying to me being myself replying to you talking to me while being you and myself

Span of few minutes got so many posts and it goes dry for next few hours.

Unregistered 30-10-2021 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 188547)
Some of the kids these days simply cannot take hardship

Small small thing also cannot this cannot that

This kind of attitude go where also won’t be successful one

OK Boomer.

Unregistered 30-10-2021 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 188570)
OK Boomer.

You're outdated. Or trying to act young as well boomer!

Unregistered 30-10-2021 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 188576)
You're outdated. Or trying to act young as well boomer!

You’ll know it when you see a zoomer. You just cannot understand what they saying lor, they use words and new lingo like “bussin” which I only learnt two days ago.

Unregistered 30-10-2021 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 188583)
You’ll know it when you see a zoomer. You just cannot understand what they saying lor, they use words and new lingo like “bussin” which I only learnt two days ago.

Don't care about the zoomers. We Gen X take pride in sacrificing our health and time to climb the big 4 corporate ladder. We are happy to be in the rat race and to help build a better working world for our partners

Unregistered 31-10-2021 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 188583)

hahaha ya lor those 2000s kids and above damn jia lat, most of them living in wonderland and yet cannot tolerate workplace "abuse" LOOOOOL joke they thought media industry talk cock sing song all day everyday, where got free lunch in this world

Unregistered 31-10-2021 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 188589)
hahaha ya lor those 2000s kids and above damn jia lat, most of them living in wonderland and yet cannot tolerate workplace "abuse" LOOOOOL joke they thought media industry talk cock sing song all day everyday, where got free lunch in this world

Ya lor. Ask them OT and sacrifice life for the company also cannot. i know prolonged OT is bad for health but i don't mind dying earlier if I can become a partner one day. It is better to die earlier as a partner than live until 90 yo as a mediocre person.

Unregistered 31-10-2021 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 188609)
Ya lor. Ask them OT and sacrifice life for the company also cannot. i know prolonged OT is bad for health but i don't mind dying earlier if I can become a partner one day. It is better to die earlier as a partner than live until 90 yo as a mediocre person.

Isn’t this the blue button green button game

Would you rather make millions but die at 60s or be average income and die at 90s

Then 9gag comments always people choose blue button willing to make more money and die young

But I think Gen Z doesn’t feel the same way

Unregistered 31-10-2021 10:50 AM

Looking at comments here, accounting and auditing industry still stuck in boomer mindset or think still living in 2000s

Look at tech industry, their benefits, and their wages

Ppl already move on (every fresh grad from now on is 2000+ DOB) but company wageslaves still stuck in old mindset

Ironic when these company go to every client and champion for change

Unregistered 31-10-2021 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 188615)
Looking at comments here, accounting and auditing industry still stuck in boomer mindset or think still living in 2000s

Ppl already move on (every fresh grad from now on is 2000+ DOB) but company wageslaves still stuck in old mindset

Don’t think the majority of 2000 kids graduated.

Guys usually graduate around 24, girls around 22.

Unregistered 31-10-2021 11:07 AM

Quote:

Cannot compare tech and accounting la. Tech is a AAA/A course leh. You should compare tech graduates against medicine and law instead.

Unregistered 31-10-2021 11:26 AM

Quote:

Boomer partners are still stuck in the 1990s. Pay $3k starting and have to OT for almost 4-5 months of the year. Who is so stupid to join? Civil service starting now 3.7k and got work life balance.

This is why no local graduates want to join big 4. They might as well outsource the whole audit dept to Malaysia big 4

I am surprised got stupid people willing to sacrifice their health for their career. That guy must be brainwashed by his partner

Unregistered 31-10-2021 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 188624)
Boomer partners are still stuck in the 1990s. Pay $3k starting and have to OT for almost 4-5 months of the year. Who is so stupid to join? Civil service starting now 3.7k and got work life balance.

This is why no local graduates want to join big 4. They might as well outsource the whole audit dept to Malaysia big 4

I am surprised got stupid people willing to sacrifice their health for their career. That guy must be brainwashed by his partner

But every year still got hundreds of people join leh. Are you saying all of them are stupid?

Unregistered 31-10-2021 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 188613)
Isn’t this the blue button green button game

Would you rather make millions but die at 60s or be average income and die at 90s

Then 9gag comments always people choose blue button willing to make more money and die young

But I think Gen Z doesn’t feel the same way

because Gen Z never thought of how expensive healthcare and property prices! nothing wrong to slog more to reach managerial level and above. Better to get treated in mount Elizabeth than in sgh right?

Unregistered 31-10-2021 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 188628)
because Gen Z never thought of how expensive healthcare and property prices! nothing wrong to slog more to reach managerial level and above. Better to get treated in mount Elizabeth than in sgh right?

Those tiktok zoomers teenagers still living with parents la where got think about all these

Some of them are spoiled with iPads and iPhones since primary school

Unregistered 31-10-2021 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 188627)
But every year still got hundreds of people join leh. Are you saying all of them are stupid?

Stupidity & intelligence is open to debate and oftentimes subjective.

The point is audit is a low barrier , low prestige sector. Look at how many private degree holders with random qualifications and Malaysians B4 takes in every year.

Back in the late 80s early 90s, yes , parents will tell their kids to go into audit for a stable and so-called respectable career. But that was nearly 30 years ago.

Audit today is is simply not an attractive sector that the cream of your local unis will want to go into, let alone grads from high ranked US or UK universities. It has the reputation for low pay, long hours and unintellectually stimulating process-driven work.

Worse still, they string new entrants along with the prospects of "making partner" as though its the honey pot at the end of the rainbow. The prospects of making partner is realistically about as good as getting into a top IB PE or FAANG if one puts in the same amount of effort.

Only the average and mediocre grads will choose audit. Why would the better grads not choose banking tech consulting or some other more attractive sector?

Unregistered 31-10-2021 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 188630)
Stupidity & intelligence is open to debate and oftentimes subjective.

The point is audit is a low barrier , low prestige sector. Look at how many private degree holders with random qualifications and Malaysians B4 takes in every year.

Back in the late 80s early 90s, yes , parents will tell their kids to go into audit for a stable and so-called respectable career. But that was nearly 30 years ago.

Audit today is is simply not an attractive sector that the cream of your local unis will want to go into, let alone grads from high ranked US or UK universities. It has the reputation for low pay, long hours and unintellectually stimulating process-driven work.

Worse still, they string new entrants along with the prospects of "making partner" as though its the honey pot at the end of the rainbow. The prospects of making partner is realistically about as good as getting into a top IB PE or FAANG if one puts in the same amount of effort.

Only the average and mediocre grads will choose audit. Why would the better grads not choose banking tech consulting or some other more attractive sector?

Erm yes, I am an average or slightly above mediocre grad. So your long post is just to suan us is it? Lol the answer to your question is obviously I cannot get in right? Might as well ask why I never go study medicine or law.

We never claimed to be attractive or prestigious what, we are just here to earn a living.

Unregistered 31-10-2021 12:17 PM

Thanks Captain Obvious.

If you have better options, of course go for them lah.

Might as well go ITE thread and ask them why they never choose JC instead zzz