Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 22-05-2021 03:55 PM

I hope everyone can be more responsible when posting. I have worked in Big4, Foreign Bank and local bank. There is always this misconception that foreign bank salary is better than local bank and local bank salary is better than Big4. This is a huge misconception for MO and BO.

I believe for IB, PB and Trading, Foreign Bank does pay better than Local Banks. But for MO and BO, ie Risk Management, Compliance, Audit, Technology and Operations, the pay is comparative. As local bank has higher bonus and they can matched foreign bank salary, someone who worked in local bank can essentially earn more than foreign bank in terms of total income.

Another misconception is that people thinks if u join a Grad Program, u are better than those who joined direct. Or ppl who joined foreign bank has better prospect than Local Bank. Big 4 being the worse of all. Having worked for substantial years in the banking industry, I realised it doesnt matter whether u start out from big 4,local bank, foreign bank or grad program. Ultimately, is how opportunistic u are in jumping ship and being at the right place, right time.

I do know people who worked in big 4 who transit to local bank, being more successful than those who started from MAS with scholarship.i have also seen ppl from local bank jumping into foreign bank, climb faster than those who perpetually in foreign bank. So please stop this misinformation. Is all up to right place, right time. Whether u are in a grad program, from MAS, SGX, Big 4, started in local bank or foreign bank, doesnt really matter.

Unregistered 22-05-2021 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 169976)
I hope everyone can be more responsible when posting. I have worked in Big4, Foreign Bank and local bank. There is always this misconception that foreign bank salary is better than local bank and local bank salary is better than Big4. This is a huge misconception for MO and BO.

I believe for IB, PB and Trading, Foreign Bank does pay better than Local Banks. But for MO and BO, ie Risk Management, Compliance, Audit, Technology and Operations, the pay is comparative. As local bank has higher bonus and they can matched foreign bank salary, someone who worked in local bank can essentially earn more than foreign bank in terms of total income.

Another misconception is that people thinks if u join a Grad Program, u are better than those who joined direct. Or ppl who joined foreign bank has better prospect than Local Bank. Big 4 being the worse of all. Having worked for substantial years in the banking industry, I realised it doesnt matter whether u start out from big 4,local bank, foreign bank or grad program. Ultimately, is how opportunistic u are in jumping ship and being at the right place, right time.

I do know people who worked in big 4 who transit to local bank, being more successful than those who started from MAS with scholarship.i have also seen ppl from local bank jumping into foreign bank, climb faster than those who perpetually in foreign bank. So please stop this misinformation. Is all up to right place, right time. Whether u are in a grad program, from MAS, SGX, Big 4, started in local bank or foreign bank, doesnt really matter.

In short, big 4 is basically the garbage chute for graduates.

Unregistered 22-05-2021 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 169976)

In short, big 4 is basically the garbage chute for graduates!! Only garbage will come here

Unregistered 22-05-2021 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 169998)
In short, big 4 is basically the garbage chute for graduates!! Only garbage will come here

Garbage is an overstatment. What's lower than garbage

Unregistered 22-05-2021 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 169999)
Garbage is an overstatment. What's lower than garbage

Eh dont make fun of big 4 hor. If they not around, where will all the useless people go. In the future when automated, they cannot get box ticking jobs le :(

Unregistered 22-05-2021 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 170012)
Eh dont make fun of big 4 hor. If they not around, where will all the useless people go. In the future when automated, they cannot get box ticking jobs le :(

True that. Can't believe undergrads willing to go big 4 to take home less than less than 3k salary each month LOL. Even haidilao waiter earn more

Unregistered 23-05-2021 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 170013)
True that. Can't believe undergrads willing to go big 4 to take home less than less than 3k salary each month LOL. Even haidilao waiter earn more

How much haidilao waiter earn? 3k is too much for waiter.

chickpig 23-05-2021 09:49 PM

Btw, don't generalise and mix Big 4 Audit with Big 4 Consulting. Especially within Big 4 Strategy Consulting (EY-Parthenon, Monitor Deloitte, Strategy&), there are some top talent around. Strategy Consulting routinely competes with talent from the Front Office of Investment Banks.

Unregistered 23-05-2021 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chickpig (Post 170185)
Btw, don't generalise and mix Big 4 Audit with Big 4 Consulting. Especially within Big 4 Strategy Consulting (EY-Parthenon, Monitor Deloitte, Strategy&), there are some top talent around. Strategy Consulting routinely competes with talent from the Front Office of Investment Banks.

EY-P and MD pay is 40% of BB FO so don’t even.

chickpig 23-05-2021 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 170187)
EY-P and MD pay is 40% of BB FO so don’t even.

Your data is inaccurate. There is no MD pay that is 40% of BB FO. You must have mistaken it for Deloitte Consulting (non-MD). MD pay starts in the ballpark of BB FO, requires MBA qualification, and don't hire bachelor's fresh grads.

Unregistered 23-05-2021 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chickpig (Post 170188)
Your data is inaccurate. There is no MD pay that is 40% of BB FO. You must have mistaken it for Deloitte Consulting (non-MD). MD pay starts in the ballpark of BB FO, requires MBA qualification, and don't hire bachelor's fresh grads.

Tell me I’m wrong for EY-P then. Strat& is around 6k ish as well.

chickpig 23-05-2021 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 170192)
Tell me I’m wrong for EY-P then. Strat& is around 6k ish as well.

Yes, EY-P is currently the lowest paying of Big 4 Strategy. They used to pay very high starting as Parthenon Group (comparable to Bain and Oliver Wyman back then), then EY reduced their starting pay significantly. Strat& is correct, roughly the likes of McK and BCG, and the MBB do compete with BB FO for talent. Strategy Consulting might not match BB FO in terms of compensation/salary, but they still do compete quite directly for similar pool of talent in terms of calibre/pedigree (Ivy League, Oxbridge etc.)

Unregistered 24-05-2021 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chickpig (Post 170193)
Yes, EY-P is currently the lowest paying of Big 4 Strategy. They used to pay very high starting as Parthenon Group (comparable to Bain and Oliver Wyman back then), then EY reduced their starting pay significantly. Strat& is correct, roughly the likes of McK and BCG, and the MBB do compete with BB FO for talent. Strategy Consulting might not match BB FO in terms of compensation/salary, but they still do compete quite directly for similar pool of talent in terms of calibre/pedigree (Ivy League, Oxbridge etc.)

Regardless, no one in Parthenon, Strat& and MD likes to be associated with their parent company. Essentially they are just strat houses acquired by Big 4.

chickpig 24-05-2021 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 170196)
Regardless, no one in Parthenon, Strat& and MD likes to be associated with their parent company. Essentially they are just strat houses acquired by Big 4.

Quite true

Unregistered 25-05-2021 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 169038)
Nope. It takes 5 years on average for someone to reach AM in Big 4. Where did you get info that it takes more than 5 years? Purely on a sample of LinkedIn profiles that you see online? Lolol

Year 1-2: Associate
Year 3-4: Senior Associate
Year 5: Assistant Manager
By the 6th year (i.e. after 5 years of working), it'll be Manager Year 1. No doubt there are people who retain (especially the Malaysians) but the typical timeline is as such.

Perhaps you aren't as smart as even a lowly auditor if you can't even understand such a simple career progression timeline lol

I'm not sure about other depts in B4 but in certain advisory functions, it's possible to be M with 4 years of exp (double promotion at Senior Associate level) and now M pay has been recalibrated to mid 7k. Gone are the days of 6k pm as fresh M.

Unregistered 25-05-2021 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 169138)
This.

Actually have a few friends in BBs whom were freshly promoted to VP at the start of this year, drawing 11-12k base at their 7th year.

Agree that fresh VPs in BB MO/BO start at 10k or more but given the nature of MO/BO (non-revenue generating), most get stuck at Associate level if there's no headcount opening at VP level (and most would be happy to cruise at VP level/ lifers). So, it's not as straight-forward as automatic promotion to VP for MO/BO functions as say FO (also not easy, as you are assessed based on your ability to bring in business at that stage - "up or out" culture)

Unregistered 25-05-2021 08:01 PM

Back to Big 4, anyone received onboarding details for graduate intake?

Unregistered 25-05-2021 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 170512)
Back to Big 4, anyone received onboarding details for graduate intake?

Yes, you received your slave collar already?

Unregistered 25-05-2021 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 169121)
Am I missing something? Regardless whether it’s 5, 6 or 7 years to make manager - what’s the big deal earning 6k+ at the start of your 6th/7th/8th year?

Still dam little in my book

Think you relied on the jobs survey from 5 years ago? New M pay has been raised and is now about 7.5k

Unregistered 26-05-2021 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 169194)
LOL! So funny! Like 2 kids fighting.
Stop spreading fake news about the banks la lol what 10K. Full of crap. Even funnier someone even started to put some LinkedIn profile names!

I wonder why someone who’s blowing big trumpet about the banks is so free to post so much on this forum 🤣

Hahahaha this is so funny. I see BB MO/BO kids talking down to B4 peeps but you guys are just equally as bad if not worse in the eyes of BB FO guys. I’m guessing you got ridiculed or treated like dirt by FO guys in your day to day, that’s why you’re here to vent it out on B4 guys. Instead of spending so much time on this forum to talk to down to others, make sure they do a proper job of clearing trades and work double time to clear KYC. Or better, improve your skills so you can get out of your dead-end MO/BO role.

Source: Associate at BB Global Markets who can’t stand the ego of some of these MO/BO pricks

Unregistered 26-05-2021 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 170557)
Hahahaha this is so funny. I see BB MO/BO kids talking down to B4 peeps but you guys are just equally as bad if not worse in the eyes of BB FO guys. I’m guessing you got ridiculed or treated like dirt by FO guys in your day to day, that’s why you’re here to vent it out on B4 guys. Instead of spending so much time on this forum to talk to down to others, make sure they do a proper job of clearing trades and work double time to clear KYC. Or better, improve your skills so you can get out of your dead-end MO/BO role.

Source: Associate at BB Global Markets who can’t stand the ego of some of these MO/BO pricks

Still better than big 4.

In fact, haidilao pays better than big 4. No need to study so hard some more

Unregistered 26-05-2021 12:18 AM

Quote:

Haha this is so funny seeing an associate at BB global markets laughing at MO/BO guys. You associates are ****ing dirt as well. You think you guys are so god’s gift to the world. Give you guys 2 whole years can’t bring in any business, only waiting for VPs to give you scraps.

Source: VP in DCM

Unregistered 26-05-2021 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 170565)
Haha this is so funny seeing an associate at BB global markets laughing at MO/BO guys. You associates are ****ing dirt as well. You think you guys are so god’s gift to the world. Give you guys 2 whole years can’t bring in any business, only waiting for VPs to give you scraps.

Source: VP in DCM

You all VPs think you so big that you can stuff your ego up into other people's arse. Give you guys 6 months and when your KPIs not met you can go eat grass and cow dung from your mom's arse.

Source: ED in GM

Unregistered 26-05-2021 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 170566)
You all VPs think you so big that you can stuff your ego up into other people's arse. Give you guys 6 months and when your KPIs not met you can go eat grass and cow dung from your mom's arse.

Source: ED in GM

All of you EDs are ****ing leeches. You think you guys are so much better than the VPs. Lemme tell you, you cfm hentak kaki forever. Even if the MD retires you guys wont get hired. Always going around bragging about your title on online forums zzz

Source: CEO of morgan sachs

Unregistered 26-05-2021 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 170574)
All of you EDs are ****ing leeches. You think you guys are so much better than the VPs. Lemme tell you, you cfm hentak kaki forever. Even if the MD retires you guys wont get hired. Always going around bragging about your title on online forums zzz

Source: CEO of morgan sachs

You bloody worthless CEO scum trying to brag about your role and position. Wait till you see what I have in store for you which will send you from the moon back to your mom's grave which I dug out last year.

Source: Majority shareholders of goldman ballsachs

Unregistered 26-05-2021 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 170579)
You bloody worthless CEO scum trying to brag about your role and position. Wait till you see what I have in store for you which will send you from the moon back to your mom's grave which I dug out last year.

Source: Majority shareholders of goldman ballsachs

You shareholders are a bloody joke. Moon this moon that. Knn limpei issue one time qualified opinion you lose millions of dollars. You better repent and bow down in front of your local big 4 auditors.

Source: auditor at prestigious big 4 (local uni, summa cum laude, highest distinction, protector of financial markets)

Unregistered 26-05-2021 02:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 170593)
You shareholders are a bloody joke. Moon this moon that. Knn limpei issue one time qualified opinion you lose millions of dollars. You better repent and bow down in front of your local big 4 auditors.

Source: auditor at prestigious big 4 (local uni, summa cum laude, highest distinction, protector of financial markets)

Wtf you really have nothing better to do other than replying to your own posts? Whoever you are, grow up please. So pathetic.

Unregistered 26-05-2021 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 170599)
Wtf you really have nothing better to do other than replying to your own posts? Whoever you are, grow up please. So pathetic.

Diam la, go and work at your 3k per month (2.4k take home wtf) salary and OT until 2 am everyday.

Unregistered 26-05-2021 09:53 AM

Quote:

Source your mom la. I’m from MO/BO and honestly all these FO “ridiculing” and “treated like dirt” is fking BS. At least not in SG and the BB that I am at. Which desk are you on “Associate”? You think you in WSO LOL

Anw, the pay + hours are 100% better in MO vs Big 4 and believe it or not, I have offers from many consultancies (PM roles) throughout my stint. Allow me to explain (since you’re obviously not in BB MO). Most of the clearing and settlement etc are now handed offshore (eg in India) and typically pure-play MO roles based in SG are more focused on IA projects now (if you are in the industry, you would know that the market is flooded with PM roles now at both the ED, VP and ED levels).

Unregistered 26-05-2021 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 170617)
Source your mom la. I’m from MO/BO and honestly all these FO “ridiculing” and “treated like dirt” is fking BS. At least not in SG and the BB that I am at. Which desk are you on “Associate”? You think you in WSO LOL

Anw, the pay + hours are 100% better in MO vs Big 4 and believe it or not, I have offers from many consultancies (PM roles) throughout my stint. Allow me to explain (since you’re obviously not in BB MO). Most of the clearing and settlement etc are now handed offshore (eg in India) and typically pure-play MO roles based in SG are more focused on IA projects now (if you are in the industry, you would know that the market is flooded with PM roles now at both the ED, VP and ED levels).

Settlement and clearing is back office la dumb fk.

Unregistered 26-05-2021 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 170618)
Settlement and clearing is back office la dumb fk.

And these roles are based off shore dumb fk. You big 4 brain empty I unds

Unregistered 26-05-2021 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 170617)

Anw, the pay + hours are 100% better in MO vs Big 4 and believe it or not, I have offers from many consultancies (PM roles) throughout my stint. Allow me to explain (since you’re obviously not in BB MO). Most of the clearing and settlement etc are now handed offshore (eg in India) and typically pure-play MO roles based in SG are more focused on IA projects now (if you are in the industry, you would know that the market is flooded with PM roles now at both the Associate, VP and ED levels).

Calm down. There’s isn’t a debate that BB MO/BO is better than Big 4. Grad programmes pay >4K (GS starts at 4.6k) and if you’re from the GP and don’t fk up, you’ll easily reach VP drawing 11k-12k at your 7th year. That’s with a better WLB to boot as well.

Unregistered 26-05-2021 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 170620)
Calm down. There’s isn’t a debate that BB MO/BO is better than Big 4. Grad programmes pay >4K (GS starts at 4.6k) and if you’re from the GP and don’t fk up, you’ll easily reach VP drawing 11k-12k at your 7th year. That’s with a better WLB to boot as well.

Exactly. FO with their high salary, but you calculate their per hour salary, plus the fact they must constantly be working even on weekends and PH, and constant competition, worth it anot

Unregistered 26-05-2021 08:24 PM

How bonuses and pay increment this year for b4?

Unregistered 26-05-2021 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 170711)
How bonuses and pay increment this year for b4?

Doesn't matter. Still a slave.

chickpig 26-05-2021 11:57 PM

Can we stop putting down people's careers and professions? Sure, they not be as high paying as yours. So what? They are still important and essential jobs. Life ain't all about $ only. Moreover, almost everyone here is a university grad, which is already a decent achievement in itself.

Unregistered 27-05-2021 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chickpig (Post 170770)
Can we stop putting down people's careers and professions? Sure, they not be as high paying as yours. So what? They are still important and essential jobs. Life ain't all about $ only. Moreover, almost everyone here is a university grad, which is already a decent achievement in itself.

Doesn't change the fact that being a big 4 is akin to selling ur soul for slavery

Unregistered 27-05-2021 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chickpig (Post 170770)

Being a uni grad is a decent achievement, but being a uni grad who joined big 4 after graduation is shameful. 2.4k take home salary. I rather work at mcdonalds.

Unregistered 27-05-2021 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 170799)
Being a uni grad is a decent achievement, but being a uni grad who joined big 4 after graduation is shameful. 2.4k take home salary. I rather work at mcdonalds.

2.4k? Wtf? Their parents must be so darn dissapointed in them.

Unregistered 27-05-2021 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 170801)
2.4k? Wtf? Their parents must be so darn dissapointed in them.

This is rather decent; let's not put people down like this ok? :)