Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 01-05-2022 12:48 PM

What are the exit opportunities for transfer pricing?

Unregistered 01-05-2022 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 216444)
Hey guys, SM here that is on track to partnership. I suggest you guys to stick it out all the way as PA offers the best in terms of learning experience that will bring you long term benefits. Looking beyond pay and hours, it’s actually the best place that you can work for - strong sense of camaraderie, management caring about your growth and the best, opportunity to make partner. This is the first job out of my Uni and although hours are long, it paid off and I have to admit I never regret working here

Good job. Your bubble mentality is holding up well. I don't regret starting off in audit too since it is one of the path (and for many) pursuing a career in accounting/audit related. But a couple of points to take

Camaraderie turns weaker into AM-SM years as your batchmates left. You can probably sense office politics between different managers once you enter into senior years. You can gauge for yourself and see if becoming like your M or SM is something you want.

Growth is frankly non existent. Assurance in big4 is basically throwing someone into the sea without teaching them how to swim. So you have people swimming in all different styles, could see people swimming in poor forms.

Aiming for partnership (in first year) is a lot of daydream and a very poor career advice. Thinking of partnership with going through at least 5-8 years of audit career is just too much dreaming. In addition, try to structure your career into a 2-5 year workplan instead. This is easier to visualize and allows you to take stock of whether you are heading into the direction you want.

Unregistered 01-05-2022 01:40 PM

How to come a partner ? Isit the existing partners must nominate you

Unregistered 01-05-2022 02:46 PM

Knn kenna scammed to take it audit for internship, they and their fancy ass terms. What can I do to savage this soon to be shat internship? Or should I ditch the big4 and go mid tier for forensic or data science?

Unregistered 01-05-2022 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 216444)
Hey guys, SM here that is on track to partnership. I suggest you guys to stick it out all the way as PA offers the best in terms of learning experience that will bring you long term benefits. Looking beyond pay and hours, it’s actually the best place that you can work for - strong sense of camaraderie, management caring about your growth and the best, opportunity to make partner. This is the first job out of my Uni and although hours are long, it paid off and I have to admit I never regret working here

Obviously fake af

Unregistered 01-05-2022 02:58 PM

What's the partner-staff ratio at EY?

Unregistered 01-05-2022 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 216490)
Knn kenna scammed to take it audit for internship, they and their fancy ass terms. What can I do to savage this soon to be shat internship? Or should I ditch the big4 and go mid tier for forensic or data science?

lol what they did tell u it was? and i am assuming u are not an accounting major?

Unregistered 01-05-2022 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 216500)
lol what they did tell u it was? and i am assuming u are not an accounting major?

I was told it was a tech related internship, and I’m accounting major, undergrad in accountancy, u got any advice for me? 😂

Unregistered 01-05-2022 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 216501)
I was told it was a tech related internship, and I’m accounting major, undergrad in accountancy, u got any advice for me? 😂

do an internship in anotehr field to get out lor... urs is internship, also not full-time job so still got hope.

Unregistered 01-05-2022 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 216503)
do an internship in anotehr field to get out lor... urs is internship, also not full-time job so still got hope.

So should I continue with this internship for the resume (cause big 4)? Or should I just jump to mid tier ones like gt/rsm?