Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 05-05-2022 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 216901)
How long have you been in PwC ? 1st job ?

I was from Deloitte personal tax for 1.5 years and have joined PwC corp tax since Mar 2022

Unregistered 05-05-2022 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 216907)
I was from Deloitte personal tax for 1.5 years and have joined PwC corp tax since Mar 2022

How long are you planning to stay in PwC ?

Unregistered 05-05-2022 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 216909)
How long are you planning to stay in PwC ?

I was thinking to try out private client services in EY but worry about the exit opportunities and career prospect.

If it is something i wan, then i will prob leave pwc after i get offered

Unregistered 05-05-2022 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 216910)
I was thinking to try out private client services in EY but worry about the exit opportunities and career prospect.

If it is something i wan, then i will prob leave pwc after i get offered

When do you plan to apply client service?

Unregistered 05-05-2022 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 216921)
When do you plan to apply client service?

honestly if i really dun like corp tax, i will rather apply client services asap and jump while i am still under probation

Unregistered 05-05-2022 06:41 PM

Hi all, hope to get your view on this..

I just graduated from NUS Acc with First Class Honors. I accepted an audit role at a mid tier firm as I was promised a higher upside, where I'll be the big fish in a smaller pond. Did I make the right move?

Unregistered 05-05-2022 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 216934)

I just graduated from NUS Acc with First Class Honors. I accepted an audit role at a mid tier firm as I was promised a higher upside, where I'll be the big fish in a smaller pond. Did I make the right move?

If this is not a troll post, you definitely made a huge wrong move... mid tier turnover is much worse than big 4 and the working hours are a lot worse than big4. Also, the pay is very low given that all the big4s revised their pay. Mid tier will even try to bind you with their so called bonds to prevent staff from leaving to big 4 within 2 years. Benefits wise, big 4 is also much better with transport, food and medical allowance. Trust me big 4 is really getting worse and I cant imagine the life at mid tier.

Unregistered 05-05-2022 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 216905)
But the jhk mgr will push you to do the talking to partner by yourself

common in yellow and hearsay from blue peers. surprised that partners will accept lame reasons by jhk mgrs that they cmi for partners meeting. partners will treat us seniors as managers in the meeting and grill us thoroughly. after the meeting, went to the mgr and he say just amend according to partners comments. they machiam siam away their roles. then why dont want give me mgr salary?

Unregistered 05-05-2022 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 216924)
honestly if i really dun like corp tax, i will rather apply client services asap and jump while i am still under probation

No plans on “when” to jump? Or jump as anytime if possible?

Unregistered 05-05-2022 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 216934)

????????????