Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 05-10-2021 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 185286)
Does anyone know what will happen if the whole engagement team resigns before peak? My seniors have tendered their resignation and I will be tendering soon. The team will only have one A1 left. What will the manager do? What if the manager doesn't allow me to resign?

The manager may try to persuade you to stay, but there is no such thing as “doesn’t allow you to resign”. There is no slavery in Singapore; you are always allowed to resign.

The manager will then have to work closely with the resourcing team to find replacements for the entire team. Depending on availability, it may not for a 1 for 1, grade for grade replacement. The replacement team, with no prior experience, will naturally have a harder time continuing where your team left off. The manager has to facilitate this handover and guide them accordingly, becoming more hands on for this engagement.

Depending how flexible the timeline is, the manager may have to manage the clients expectations to see if the signing dates can be pushed back - likely not possible if it’s a group requirement. In which case, you can expect the next team to be putting in extra hours as they learn and work simultaneously.

Unregistered 05-10-2021 01:17 PM

PWC digital transformation team good or not?
Is it as poorly paid as the audit or accounting side? No right?

Unregistered 05-10-2021 02:51 PM

Quote:

Does anyone know what will happen if the whole engagement team resigns before peak? My seniors have tendered their resignation and I will be tendering soon. The team will only have one A1 left. What will the manager do? What if the manager doesn't allow me to resign?

The manager will just find replacement.
I don't get you when you say your manager doesn't allow you to resign.
I mean resignation is your right.

Unregistered 05-10-2021 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 185317)
The manager will just find replacement.
I don't get you when you say your manager doesn't allow you to resign.
I mean resignation is your right.

Alot of big4 workers in low career levels like to think they are a big deal and their managers very difficult to replace them. Joke.

Uni grads are still entering big4 by the truckloads. No need scared cannot find replacement.

Unregistered 05-10-2021 03:51 PM

Quote:

Your nudes with him? How he stop you from resigning?

On a serious note, he will get GDS or alert the partner to pull staff from other team. The firm will not collapse just because of anyone leaving, even if it is partner or SM. You mind your business finding a good exit option more important.

Unregistered 05-10-2021 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 185322)
Alot of big4 workers in low career levels like to think they are a big deal and their managers very difficult to replace them. Joke.

Uni grads are still entering big4 by the truckloads. No need scared cannot find replacement.

You are one of the passengers in the truck, aren't you?

Unregistered 05-10-2021 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 185325)
You are one of the passengers in the truck, aren't you?

Not even anywhere close i just like to come in here and see whats the big deal with big4.

Unregistered 05-10-2021 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 185339)
Not even anywhere close i just like to come in here and see whats the big deal with big4.

Nothing big about them other than their egos :)

Unregistered 05-10-2021 07:30 PM

Why do they have huge ego when they have tiny salary? What do they need to brag about?

Unregistered 05-10-2021 08:40 PM

Does that mean yellow assurance is SM direct to partner?
Isnt that very ideal, one less hoop to jump , however does it mean most Yellow Assurance SM can make partner or that not enough slots