Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 22-10-2021 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 187488)
Thanks for the info! Just wondering if i switch my career from audit to financial consultant, will I be able to beat my peers those abovementioned industries in terms of salary in let's say 1 or 2 years time?

Just switch lah. Financial consultant no deadlines but need to hit sales target. Less stressul and can earn more if you sell ilp.

Unregistered 22-10-2021 01:50 PM

Financial advisor here. Ez to make money if you are coming from rich money cuz your mother, father, bro sis can support you and buy the insurance.

Unregistered 22-10-2021 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 187480)
People who think audit salaries are low have never read the story of the ugly duckling.

LOL. As if the other industries that start out far higher than audit will not also experience significant salary increases.

If you want to compare like-for-like, you should be comparing the salary of a B4 audit partner with that of a lead programmer or an MBB consulting partner. Those earn far more, and as it is, their prospects of partnership are better than in audit.

Unregistered 22-10-2021 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 187513)
LOL. As if the other industries that start out far higher than audit will not also experience significant salary increases.

If you want to compare like-for-like, you should be comparing the salary of a B4 audit partner with that of a lead programmer or an MBB consulting partner. Those earn far more, and as it is, their prospects of partnership are better than in audit.

Strawman argument.

Unregistered 22-10-2021 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 187515)
Strawman argument.

Cannot refute his point? It’s apparent that audit is for bottom scrappers

Unregistered 22-10-2021 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 187520)

Irrelevant.

Unregistered 22-10-2021 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 187520)

It is not too bad for a first job. Just not sure if everyone should do it for long term.

Unregistered 22-10-2021 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 187539)
It is not too bad for a first job. Just not sure if everyone should do it for long term.

See how long you can tahan lor. Also see your luck and the engagements you get

Unregistered 22-10-2021 10:06 PM

Guys today is my birthday

Guys today is my birthday. and my audit manager dont let me celebrate my birthday. she ask me go office. is it a red flag?

Unregistered 22-10-2021 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 187563)
Guys today is my birthday. and my audit manager dont let me celebrate my birthday. she ask me go office. is it a red flag?

Give her a stone cold stunner la