Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 26-08-2021 01:47 PM

SCAQ 2021 Results

Hi everyone, has anyone taken the June 2021 Financial Reporting paper? How do you guys fared?

Unregistered 26-08-2021 02:20 PM

SCAQ results get released today? I got an email from SCAQ Regional Language Center that the exam results for the FR module (taken on 8th June 2021) that it would be released tomorrow (27th August 12pm).

That being said, I can't log into my account today. Could be due to the bad weather on my end messing with my Internet connection or them uploading the results today

Unregistered 26-08-2021 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 181260)
Ask this kind of question really makes me wonder if you even know what life is like at professional services firm or what professional services is all about.

The answer you are looking for is 'it depends'.

It depends on whether it is busy season or not.
It depends on what is your role in each project.
It depends on whether you are needed during those hours whether you can contribute or not the right person to contribute.
It depends on how strict your reporting manager is with regards to who should work OT and who can go home or how the project budget and delivery timeline is being planned.

It depends.

I realised one month after joining a services firm that its not about the hours. We don’t work a fixed number of hours.

It’s about getting your work done and meeting deadlines. And your output is sometimes dependent on inputs from others so if you can’t get what you need fast, you have a shorter timeframe to turnaround.

You can take MC, leave, whatever, but have to come back and work late to finish your own share of the project.

Unregistered 26-08-2021 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 181281)
I realised one month after joining a services firm that its not about the hours. We don’t work a fixed number of hours.

It’s about getting your work done and meeting deadlines. And your output is sometimes dependent on inputs from others so if you can’t get what you need fast, you have a shorter timeframe to turnaround.

You can take MC, leave, whatever, but have to come back and work late to finish your own share of the project.

Of course. Maybe only civil servants need to clock in the hours and cannot leave office until boss leaves.

Unregistered 26-08-2021 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 181057)
that means your performance might be slightly below average. this year bonus for average performers is 2 months. my bonus is 1.9 months. i think i never OT enough

Everyone in yellow has receives their increment letter already?

Unregistered 27-08-2021 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 181281)

is getting things done.. of course if the engagement manager promise more... say can do lesser time.... than what is necessary to impress client.. then u need to burn hours lo.

Unregistered 27-08-2021 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 181303)
Everyone in yellow has receives their increment letter already?

Yes all huat in yellow firm.

Unregistered 28-08-2021 01:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 181396)

Yea like finally after waiting so long lol

Unregistered 28-08-2021 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 181396)

New joiner will get too? Imagining they join with covid pay cut and then i doubt increment will apply to them effectively since Oct when everyone's getting pay raise as part of progression/promotion

Unregistered 28-08-2021 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 181412)
New joiner will get too? Imagining they join with covid pay cut and then i doubt increment will apply to them effectively since Oct when everyone's getting pay raise as part of progression/promotion

Once they made the decision to increase Base pay, obviously they would increase across The board right? If not what for make that decision and still have discrepancies in all the base pay at same level?