Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 02-04-2024 09:27 AM

In Big4, usually which department or who prepares the consolidated financial statements?

Unregistered 02-04-2024 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 273524)
As a senior manager born in 1987, I seen many audit managers born in the 1990s who are shy, introvert, reserved and like to keep to themselves.

That's why they got some problem motivating their staff - seniors and juniors, and keeping them for more than a year.

I think maybe is how their parents bring them up lah. Maybe they never teach them how to talk openly, so now they struggle to communicate with their team.

So, don't just focus on your own work, talk to your seniors and juniors more and explain why it's important for them to stay.

If you start encouraging open talk and mentorship, you can keep you staff longer and help them grow in the company.

Lol i also mix with 90s ppl.
A lot backstabber, self interest only. Do work cut corners, full of ethical problem.
Thays y the 00's are all gone.

Unregistered 02-04-2024 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 273462)
how is everyone else doing? most of my batch resigned without a job but with how long the job search these days is taking, i'm worried about resigning without one in hand... i've been applying since last august but barely got any interviews even though i've gotten my resume reviewed so many times. is the job market this bad? anyone else landed anything non-accounting related? any tips on breaking in?

weak is what my boss called me for wanting to resign

no advice but you're not alone

Unregistered 02-04-2024 10:30 PM

Is working five days a week, almost the entire year, from 9 am to 2 am, with occasional weekends and public holidays included, the norm in Big 4 audit?

When or what is off peak ?

Unregistered 02-04-2024 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 273612)
Is working five days a week, almost the entire year, from 9 am to 2 am, with occasional weekends and public holidays included, the norm in Big 4 audit?

occasional..?

haha
hahaha
hahahahaha

Unregistered 02-04-2024 11:12 PM

Quote:

Look, just discard this idea of having fixed working hours.

Think of it like you have a project, and that project has a deadline. You just have to finish it before then, even if it means looking at it over weekend, public holidays, midnight, whatever.

And there is an endless stream of projects occupying the whole year, but it gets worse at certain times.

Only in your first year do you get "off the bench" time, which mean no utilisation. That is also not good news because it means you are under utilised and will affect your performance appraisals.

Unregistered 02-04-2024 11:18 PM

Quote:

There is only peak and peak peak, what off peak are u talking about?

Unregistered 03-04-2024 08:33 AM

Quote:

What work u toking abt. U just there to clock time, not work.

Unregistered 03-04-2024 09:14 AM

Audit managers born in 1990s is the worse batch

They cannot retain the seniors and juniors

All seniors and juniors leaving within 6 months

Unregistered 03-04-2024 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 273617)
Look, just discard this idea of having fixed working hours.

Think of it like you have a project, and that project has a deadline. You just have to finish it before then, even if it means looking at it over weekend, public holidays, midnight, whatever.

And there is an endless stream of projects occupying the whole year, but it gets worse at certain times.

Only in your first year do you get "off the bench" time, which mean no utilisation. That is also not good news because it means you are under utilised and will affect your performance appraisals.

this is a must read for all the prospects here who just think they can log off at 6pm and scuttle off and say the long hours is because gen x gen y have no backbone unlike them.

everything is project-based, and every project has a fixed deadline, and once you're done with a project you'll be immediately slotted to the next. so what weekend? what off peak?