Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 11-01-2024 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 265361)
LMAO can attest to that. Partner was boasting about 200k-300k as a good deal for no life grinding for 20 years. My bro and his gf are the type who borderline fail classes in school but doing coding and tech BD now, yet already earn that amount before 30 years old. I hope these partners realise even "lousy" companies outside also give 3-6 months bonus + >$10k in stock too which bump up the pay close to 50%. This is why I always say audit partners got no business acumen, only know how to race to the bottom. Goes to show right place right time very important.

Unfortunately I graduated 1 year before covid happened so hahaha, even if I'm zai at Python also nobody wanna hire me. Only can get interview for more audit roles :) If any student want to be like me then by all means join audit so that they can hire more foreigners for manager roles since it's so **** no local wants to do it :))) Your job prospects are gonna be so great because everyone is gonna associate auditors with people who cmi that's why even considered joining auditing hahaha

talk **** who dk? my uncle's dad's son cleaner for MBS earning 300k pa with 50 month bonus. no job listing no talk.

typical fresh grad with no sense of reality. hear this hear that until they ownself try to find job realize reality isnt a bed of roses like they think

Unregistered 11-01-2024 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 265362)
If they grad in 2005, they'd be a high flyer banker or c-level already. The ones suffering are the recent grads. There's no such thing as karma.

Transition batch also affected

Cause if you are in late 20s now, no one gonna ask you from AAA or BBB batch

You are just affected by the overall reputation your juniors are causing

Unregistered 11-01-2024 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 265366)
Transition batch also affected

Cause if you are in late 20s now, no one gonna ask you from AAA or BBB batch

You are just affected by the overall reputation your juniors are causing

Yup that's me. Dumbasses asking me who ask you to study accounting, only cmi idiots study that, that's why your job prospects ****. ......But I was the top student for my year. It's just that back then there's no 0% interest rate for tech companies to give 500k salaries so there weren't many job options that paid well short of sales.

Things just change really fast. WFH and Zoom meetings were barely even a thing before COVID. I remember seeing overseas accounting managers flying in physically to SG for meetings, some even for monthly financial results reporting.

Now there's entire industries that sprouted from COVID. But kids who only studied and graduated in the virtual environment won't remember that. After all, people are short sighted and have short term memory.

And no thanks to TikTok for shortening attention span and increasing entitlement and giving kids unrealistic expectations. People rather believe that redditors and insane influencers who claim that audit A1 has 4.5k salary...

Unregistered 11-01-2024 03:27 PM

For those who managed to get a pay bump after leaving audit, what is your rank in audit and what type of role did you jump into?

The only ones I could get an interview for are those whose budget for the role is below my current pay. I'm talking regular accounting and FP&A roles, not even the fancy data analyst roles or whatever. It's tough justifying a paycut from 5k+ to 4k+ after all the suffering in audit when I could have climbed the same from doing some AP AR outside......

Unregistered 11-01-2024 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 265365)
talk **** who dk? my uncle's dad's son cleaner for MBS earning 300k pa with 50 month bonus. no job listing no talk.

typical fresh grad with no sense of reality. hear this hear that until they ownself try to find job realize reality isnt a bed of roses like they think

200k p.a. is only 16k per month. That's not unrealistic for an experienced SWE (barely 30 years old).

Tech sales is well known to pay extremely well too and many times their base alone (not yet include commission) is usually close to or higher than audit managers.

You might want to mingle with more than just cleaners. Some of us are working adults who show snippets of our offer letters within our circle so we have even more reliable info than job listings.

That said, to get a foot into these jobs, you often need referral because there's just too many applicants these days, sometimes they don't even post job listings because the referral got the job before it's even posted.

Honestly best to just find a good graduate program and leverage on that.

Unregistered 11-01-2024 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 265371)
For those who managed to get a pay bump after leaving audit, what is your rank in audit and what type of role did you jump into?

The only ones I could get an interview for are those whose budget for the role is below my current pay. I'm talking regular accounting and FP&A roles, not even the fancy data analyst roles or whatever. It's tough justifying a paycut from 5k+ to 4k+ after all the suffering in audit when I could have climbed the same from doing some AP AR outside......

SM. Left for commercial .

Only slight pay rise in basic, maybe 5%, but lose out on bonus

Unregistered 11-01-2024 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 265371)

Sad that accounting industry usually have limits.

Accountant - 4.5k -5.5k
AFM - 5.5k -7k
FM ranged 5.5- 9k?
FC - 8- 13/15?
CFO - 12- 25/30k
AVP GLC - 10-12k
SM GLC - 9-11k
M1 GLC (semborp/st/singtel - 6.5k -7k
M2 GLC 8-9k

Average joe should probably maxxed out at 11-12k at the end of the career

Just my 2 cent based on my 10 years working experience ( audit client data/ self experience those role)

Unregistered 11-01-2024 07:14 PM

Cost centres like accounting, HR, marketing are always going to have limits.

You need to move into operations and be revenue driver to break ceiling.

Unregistered 11-01-2024 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 265381)
Cost centres like accounting, HR, marketing are always going to have limits.

You need to move into operations and be revenue driver to break ceiling.

What kind of operations is good for someone with accounting background to move into? Bank middle office ops seems like it's just processing transactions with not much space to climb. Logistics don't pay well.

Unregistered 11-01-2024 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 265363)
What's so bad about audit roles? Can travel, good wlb, boring but no firefighting. Just need to keep up on auditing standards.

lol small firm spotted.

Please here is big 4. we dont mix with u lower tier monkeys