Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 29-12-2023 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 264176)
Lol. You're one of those "IT is god" person huh.

Pls. Not everybody is cut out for IT. Some people have zero aptitude and interest for IT, and they end up languishing in some third tier tech firm/consultancy like NCS. Don't only look at the top end like FAANG. Not everyone makes it to FAANG.

Plus obsolescence risk is very real in tech. You'll always be vulnerable to competition from cheaper coders (from third world countries) and younger ginnas (fresh grads). New coding language etc. If you're the kind who refuse to continually upskill, you will be made obsolete very quickly. Already all of you complaining about new accounting standards. U seriously think you are hardworking enough to retool yourself?

There are many other fields where you can make a decent buck with good WLB. Not just IT. But anyway, you all chose the wrong field in accounting.

Third tier firm = Tan & Co Audit Firms
Obsolescence risk = IFRS 116 and all that jazz
Cheaper coders = jhk acca boleh
New coding language = new accounting standards. don't learn also cannot so it's not like we aren't learning. might as well get paid more doing that.

Please enlighten us what field in accounting apparently pays a decent buck with WLB. Please don't say FP&A or GL accounting because we still have to OT every month and quarter like nuts. AP AR pays like crap. Maybe HR?

Unregistered 29-12-2023 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 264176)
Lol. You're one of those "IT is god" person huh.

Pls. Not everybody is cut out for IT. Some people have zero aptitude and interest for IT, and they end up languishing in some third tier tech firm/consultancy like NCS. Don't only look at the top end like FAANG. Not everyone makes it to FAANG.

Plus obsolescence risk is very real in tech. You'll always be vulnerable to competition from cheaper coders (from third world countries) and younger ginnas (fresh grads). New coding language etc. If you're the kind who refuse to continually upskill, you will be made obsolete very quickly. Already all of you complaining about new accounting standards. U seriously think you are hardworking enough to retool yourself?

There are many other fields where you can make a decent buck with good WLB. Not just IT. But anyway, you all chose the wrong field in accounting.

IT guy grumbling about how he is having life hard with his 300k p.a. package spotted

Unregistered 29-12-2023 06:32 PM

Lol just don’t do audit

With a business school degree you can still branch out into Tax, Marketing, HR, Banking, Valuation, M&A, Compliance

Unregistered 29-12-2023 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 264207)
IT guy grumbling about how he is having life hard with his 300k p.a. package spotted

They are having their petty revenge lah

Back in 2012 biz sch ppl go step on comp sci, now fortunes have turned, of course rub it in your face

Unregistered 29-12-2023 07:36 PM

Hi guys, I am here show u my job journey

2006: Graduated from UTAR and joined big 4 KL as A1
2008: Promoted to S1
2009: Moved to big 4 Singapore as S2
2011: Promote to manager
2015: promote to senior manager
2020: promote to partner ~300k p.a in just 14 years

My advice to everyone is to work hard, make ur boss happy. Boss happy = you happy. Big 4 is good and will never forget ur hard work! I stay all the way and get promoted and earn good money, better than most of my Singaporean friends who go commercial be accountant. I think if u wan good life good car good condo u shld stay in big 4 all the way and strive to become partner. Ignore what ppl say what very low chance cannot make it, as long as u show grit determination and hard work, u can success and reach ur goal one day

Unregistered 29-12-2023 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 264213)

My advice to everyone is to work hard, make ur boss happy. Boss happy = you happy. Big 4 is good and will never forget ur hard work! I stay all the way and get promoted and earn good money, better than most of my Singaporean friends who go commercial be accountant. I think if u wan good life good car good condo u shld stay in big 4 all the way and strive to become partner. Ignore what ppl say what very low chance cannot make it, as long as u show grit determination and hard work, u can success and reach ur goal one day

Lol 14 yrs

Where got time, limpeh SWE 14y retire liao

Unregistered 29-12-2023 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 264213)

Nice attempt at trolling but way too fake. SiL is a partner so I can confirm the timeline is not possible, maybe in KL FS audit but not in SG.

Unregistered 29-12-2023 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 264211)
Lol just don’t do audit

With a business school degree you can still branch out into Tax, Marketing, HR, Banking, Valuation, M&A, Compliance

How is their pay?

I'm in M&A and pay isn't much higher unless you're in IB. WLB is pretty bad too, regular days 9-9, past midnight if crunch time.

Unregistered 29-12-2023 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 264220)
Nice attempt at trolling but way too fake. SiL is a partner so I can confirm the timeline is not possible, maybe in KL FS audit but not in SG.

Doable to hit junior P

Unregistered 29-12-2023 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 264219)
Lol 14 yrs

Where got time, limpeh SWE 14y retire liao

But you still employee