Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 30-12-2023 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 264274)
No exams needed for conversion. ACCA, ICAEW, CPA,......

Only correct for ICAEW. Not true for ACCA and CPA.

You're probably not a CA, are you?

Unregistered 30-12-2023 04:54 PM

everyone should just boycott this smlj ca singapore program. must sinkie pwn sinkie. it is not internationally recognised. as if people in amdk counties care about your pisai country accounting qualification

last time partner had to sell ca singapore program to jhk client in bolehland. the client just ignored him

Unregistered 30-12-2023 05:35 PM

lol so many peasants here
bet most of u all salaries r less than 6k
if CA is the requirement to get your sub par 5k salaries, it must feel good........

S1 must mid 4k+
Associate still 3k+

JHK dont mind coming to take your jobs because 3.5
it must feel so good to work 8am to 2am everyday, including weekends

Unregistered 30-12-2023 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 264280)
everyone should just boycott this smlj ca singapore program. must sinkie pwn sinkie. it is not internationally recognised. as if people in amdk counties care about your pisai country accounting qualification

last time partner had to sell ca singapore program to jhk client in bolehland. the client just ignored him

This is categorically false.

ISCA has been working hard to gain international recognition on CA Singapore.

But I do get what you mean about foreigners not caring about a local qualification. That’s why you need to convert. When CA SG = ICAEW, the latter is a big name.

Of course this sounds like just extra steps la, and you might as well take OCAEW directly, but hey, support local man.

Unregistered 30-12-2023 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 264284)
lol so many peasants here
bet most of u all salaries r less than 6k
if CA is the requirement to get your sub par 5k salaries, it must feel good........

S1 must mid 4k+
Associate still 3k+

JHK dont mind coming to take your jobs because 3.5
it must feel so good to work 8am to 2am everyday, including weekends

S1 is now high 4k while Associate is mid 3k.

Correct, the exchange rate makes it quite a good deal for them.

No, there has been a sharp culture shift these past 2 years with Gen Z firmly refusing to OT. You must have left some time ago.

Unregistered 30-12-2023 06:17 PM

Would really appreciate if someone here can give me a genuine advice. 3 more days to 2024 and I’m having an anxiety attack about the upcoming peak period engagements. I’m a first year senior who is plotted to lead multiple engagements for 2024. I had so much pressure dealing with the expectations of my multiple managers from different engagements during the interim fieldwork. It seems like to them that I have more than 24 hours a day to deal with work. Every requests from them is always urgent. I tried to push back some non-urgent stuff but they always like to indirectly use my final appraisal as a bargaining chip. There’s no single day where I felt at peace. Ever since I just got promoted a couple of months ago, I started having suicidal thoughts. I don’t feel motivated to get things done.

I really want to quit and find a much chiller job but at the same time I don’t know if the current job market for a S1 is it terrible. Given the response here, it makes me more fear of quitting without a job on hand. I have 2 old retired parents to take care of, so every decision I made I have to be extra prudent and careful.

Can any kind souls advise me what I can do? I’m so scared I might snap soon

Unregistered 30-12-2023 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 264288)
Would really appreciate if someone here can give me a genuine advice. 3 more days to 2024 and I’m having an anxiety attack about the upcoming peak period engagements. I’m a first year senior who is plotted to lead multiple engagements for 2024. I had so much pressure dealing with the expectations of my multiple managers from different engagements during the interim fieldwork. It seems like to them that I have more than 24 hours a day to deal with work. Every requests from them is always urgent. I tried to push back some non-urgent stuff but they always like to indirectly use my final appraisal as a bargaining chip. There’s no single day where I felt at peace. Ever since I just got promoted a couple of months ago, I started having suicidal thoughts. I don’t feel motivated to get things done.

I really want to quit and find a much chiller job but at the same time I don’t know if the current job market for a S1 is it terrible. Given the response here, it makes me more fear of quitting without a job on hand. I have 2 old retired parents to take care of, so every decision I made I have to be extra prudent and careful.

You looking for genuine advice and kind soul on this forum which is know. To be filled with toxic trolls?

Brother, want to ask for help also go to the right place lah.

Unregistered 30-12-2023 06:21 PM

Members of CPA Australia seeking Isca membership must have completed the CPA programme, the Singapore Chartered Accountant Qualification’s Integrative Business Solutions module, and other applicable qualifications.
s://.businesstimes.com.sg/singapore/isca-cpa-australia-agree-mutual-accounting-recognition-boost-membership-transition

Study SIM RMIT 1.5 years can become CPA Australia, no need take the funny SQP papers.

Unregistered 30-12-2023 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 264288)

You sway lor

You are in the “transition” batch of seniors.

Your managers are from the old batch willing to work until 2am work weekends even work Chinese new year and Christmas.

Your juniors are fancy Gen Z who don’t want to OT

Means you tank as the senior.

Unregistered 30-12-2023 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 264290)
Members of CPA Australia seeking Isca membership must have completed the CPA programme, the Singapore Chartered Accountant Qualification’s Integrative Business Solutions module, and other applicable qualifications.
s://.businesstimes.com.sg/singapore/isca-cpa-australia-agree-mutual-accounting-recognition-boost-membership-transition

Study SIM RMIT 1.5 years can become CPA Australia, no need take the funny SQP papers.

This one they very what

Only need to take 1 module

But lol that 1 module, if you take before, you know what I mean