Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 29-12-2023 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 264223)
But you still employee

No need to manage juniors, no need to go jail if got fraud, just collect 500k paycheck and wait for stocks, can go home eat dinner with wife and kids. I think I'm good with being just an employee

Unregistered 29-12-2023 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 264221)
How is their pay?

I'm in M&A and pay isn't much higher unless you're in IB. WLB is pretty bad too, regular days 9-9, past midnight if crunch time.

Went to M&A from audit. Hours is like year round intense peak and lighter peak. Never had a 9-6 before. Pay is only 10% higher. Imo not worth it, wlb and pay still sucks. I wanna know what are those mythical high pay high wlb job

Unregistered 29-12-2023 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 264193)
CA members - check your email for ISCA year end newsletter. Some exciting news mentioned.

what was it? can't be bothered to pay for membership

Unregistered 30-12-2023 02:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 264193)
CA members - check your email for ISCA year end newsletter. Some exciting news mentioned.

15m for jhk

Unregistered 30-12-2023 04:20 AM

its funny seeing local U especially from NTU accountancy, working in audit, and have to OT just to compete with malaysians from tunku, sunway, multimedia, sunway universities.

Worst is if they are girls. they look so old due to the OT and coffee they consume.
Most have become mental due to the high stress and lack of sleep

Very likely they have bad social skills thats why they can't pass interviews
The good ones already have left big 4 for greener pastures.

dunno how they gonna get married in future

Unregistered 30-12-2023 05:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 264238)

Nice try, not gonna work hehe

Unregistered 30-12-2023 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 264236)
Went to M&A from audit. Hours is like year round intense peak and lighter peak. Never had a 9-6 before. Pay is only 10% higher. Imo not worth it, wlb and pay still sucks. I wanna know what are those mythical high pay high wlb job

depends on firms?
the one i was in, gave very good bonuses...

Unregistered 30-12-2023 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 264248)
its funny seeing local U especially from NTU accountancy, working in audit, and have to OT just to compete with malaysians from tunku, sunway, multimedia, sunway universities.

Worst is if they are girls. they look so old due to the OT and coffee they consume.
Most have become mental due to the high stress and lack of sleep

Very likely they have bad social skills thats why they can't pass interviews
The good ones already have left big 4 for greener pastures.

dunno how they gonna get married in future

1) You just have to let go of that superiority complex where you think you are better than foreign universities cause in the general workforce nobody cares. NUS is 4 years and NTU is 3 years, but they are “on par” after graduation. This isn’t Suits where they hire exclusively from 1 school.

2) Yes you are right that audit is going to age you tremendously. The OT hours is no joke, and there is constant stress. I see some of my seniors skipping meals. Your 20s is precious and if don’t take care, will have repercussions in future. This is why the turnover is so high - their business model is one which expects you to grind and “suffer” a bit when you are younger, which many are now reluctant to do so.

3) Socials skills I see a mixed bag. We have some social butterflies and some pretty ones around so it’s not that bad. The good ones mostly leave - a small minority of the strong ones choose to stay and climb. Honestly if you’re not in the top 5% and see yourself gunning for the top, it’s ok to leave early.

4) Girls will have it easy to get married la, so long as they not choosy, this year alone I received so many red bombs.

Unregistered 30-12-2023 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 264262)
depends on firms?
the one i was in, gave very good bonuses...

Boutique or bank? Hows the hours?

Mine only gave 1 month bonus, no success bonus. I'm contemplating to just leave to BI or something.

Unregistered 30-12-2023 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 264238)

No exams needed for conversion. ACCA, ICAEW, CPA,......