Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 26-12-2023 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 263968)
See what u want to do?

If you are clueless on your path, you can do audit, otherwise you can start off with Finance Business Partner ( more promising i felt) if you want stay in accounting/finance industry

are you for real? FBP in SG only hires experienced FP&A staff or finance managers, no one's gonna hire a fresh grad. pls don't tell me you're a student giving career advice to another student

Unregistered 26-12-2023 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 263966)
for example? i'm already pretty good with excel (powerquery, index match, etc) but still no interviews

Thats good but Market is competitive, you need build connections/ network and luck to get job these day.

What make you stand out from the rest?

Can try ST Engineering FBP / Keppel/ fraser FBP , they always hiring, but is not walk in the park job.

Unregistered 26-12-2023 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 263970)
are you for real? FBP in SG only hires experienced FP&A staff or finance managers, no one's gonna hire a fresh grad. pls don't tell me you're a student giving career advice to another student

Of couse, you dont start off with glc FBP la.

There are still those freshie/ low level finance analysts or fbps

I am a jhk who just past my 10 year mark working in SG

Unregistered 26-12-2023 11:17 PM

Look at this jhb's atrocious english standard

"Having more than 4 years of experience in audit line, I am of sound knowledge the financial reporting standard of Singapore. Besides audit work, I am also exposed to computation of tax for companies to ensure the appropriate tax claim under the current IRAS scheme. Audit work enable me to gain exposure to various industry and from the years of guidance and taught from superior and experience in different audit assignment, I am proud of been recognised the qualified chartered accountant of Singapore. I am ambitious and always seeking opportunities for growth, enhance further my knowledge and looking forward to a new working environment."

Unregistered 26-12-2023 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 263973)

"Having more than 4 years of experience in audit line, I am of sound knowledge the financial reporting standard of Singapore. Besides audit work, I am also exposed to computation of tax for companies to ensure the appropriate tax claim under the current IRAS scheme. Audit work enable me to gain exposure to various industry and from the years of guidance and taught from superior and experience in different audit assignment, I am proud of been recognised the qualified chartered accountant of Singapore. I am ambitious and always seeking opportunities for growth, enhance further my knowledge and looking forward to a new working environment."

I will always remember my sinkie partner who keep whack my poor English.

I learnt a lot from him which eventually makes me who i am today

Unregistered 26-12-2023 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 263973)

Y jhb is ca sg? The degree reconised meh. Or acca path.

Unregistered 26-12-2023 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 263976)
Y jhb is ca sg? The degree reconised meh. Or acca path.

Pre 2016. acca can get CA SG iinm

Unregistered 26-12-2023 11:46 PM

I am a gen z senior. One the last day before our firm’s closure break, my jhb mgr ask me work during the break. I told her sorry no. She shocked pikachu face. My fellow sgporeans, y’all proud of me or not?

Unregistered 26-12-2023 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 263979)
I am a gen z senior. One the last day before our firm’s closure break, my jhb mgr ask me work during the break. I told her sorry no. She shocked pikachu face. My fellow sgporeans, y’all proud of me or not?

Good to have boundaries with your managers.

But then the manager will struggle lol ownself do

Wonder manager can draw boundary with partner not

Unregistered 27-12-2023 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 263977)
Pre 2016. acca can get CA SG iinm

Now still got way just longer iykyk