Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 27-12-2023 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 264005)
In the first place, there's nothing to be proud of if you're a Singaporean taking orders from a Malaysian manager. Only shame.

I'd be proud of you if you actually left Big4.

Ya Singaporeans should never take orders from bloody third world foreign country like malaysians.

Damn xia suay

Thats why big 4 is failing. everytime my partner try to get me to come back into audit to help them. lol lucky i reject

Let me repeat, Singaporeans should never take orders from bloody third world foreign country like malaysians.

Do not compete with them and throw your life away. These jhk have incentive, you do not. These rice bowl stealers can retire early due to 3.5 and spend time with their family.

You don't have that exchange rate previlege. You will end up winning at work and losing at life.

Unregistered 27-12-2023 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 264003)
As managers they are earning higher salaries and are in positions of power over us. They should take the blame for us.

I will do that when I’m the manager.

As partners they are earning higher salaries and are in positions of power over us. They should take the blame for us.

I will do that when I’m the partner.

Unregistered 27-12-2023 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 264006)
Ya Singaporeans should never take orders from bloody third world foreign country like malaysians.

Damn xia suay

Thats why big 4 is failing. everytime my partner try to get me to come back into audit to help them. lol lucky i reject

Let me repeat, Singaporeans should never take orders from bloody third world foreign country like malaysians.

Do not compete with them and throw your life away. These jhk have incentive, you do not. These rice bowl stealers can retire early due to 3.5 and spend time with their family.

You don't have that exchange rate previlege. You will end up winning at work and losing at life.

Quite a number of boomerang managers in the last 2 years though, all locals from local uni. Apparently they hated their job as finance manager outside, some justified since they couldn't secure a MNC job in the current market. Though for most I guess it's like the people who keep going back to their abusive ex.

Unregistered 27-12-2023 03:39 PM

How much is ISCA fees? Why are they so desperate to grab the market share from ICAEW, CPAA, ACCA etc? Is it a cash cow for govt?

Unregistered 27-12-2023 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 264005)
In the first place, there's nothing to be proud of if you're a Singaporean taking orders from a Malaysian manager. Only shame.

I'd be proud of you if you actually left Big4.

I ok taking orders from Malaysians.

More frustrating is when your senior is your JC classmate who is now 2 years ahead of you.

Seniors have too much power over associates. They control what time I report; what time I go lunch, what time I go home.

Unregistered 27-12-2023 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 264006)

Technically they earn the same amount as you, just that it’s more worthwhile in their home country.

Nothing stopping us from migrating to their country to retire, buy their house and marry their women, applying their PR

Unregistered 27-12-2023 06:13 PM

I have a bit of a random question here.

Let's say my bonus is already paid (I have received the cash in my bank account) by 28 December. My company has no bonus clawback policy.

If I resign on 29 December, what will happen to the CPF contribution on my bonus, which will only be paid out in mid-January? Will the employer still be obligated to pay the CPF on the Additional Wages? Or can they choose not to pay the CPF because I have already resigned?

Any help on this would be appreciated!

Unregistered 27-12-2023 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 264009)
How much is ISCA fees? Why are they so desperate to grab the market share from ICAEW, CPAA, ACCA etc? Is it a cash cow for govt?

I doubt it’s about the money.

It’s just Singapore is a small country, we crave for global recognition like most powerful passport, best airport etc. so there was a dream to become an accountancy hub, and one way to get there was to have our own qualification paper that is internationally recognised.

When it first came out there were already concerns we might be reinventing the wheel, since ACCA, ICAEW already so well established.

If tomorrow MOF creates a new body and makes a CFA(SG), it’s not automatically going to be superior to the already damn well known CFA.

Btw the next big thing they also working on is Valuation, there is a CVA now.

Unregistered 27-12-2023 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 264008)
Quite a number of boomerang managers in the last 2 years though, all locals from local uni. Apparently they hated their job as finance manager outside, some justified since they couldn't secure a MNC job in the current market. Though for most I guess it's like the people who keep going back to their abusive ex.

80% of audit is JHK. once you leave you will realize, 100% of commercial is JHK.
The most incompetent ones are in commercial.
Thats why accountancy has no future, whether you stay or leave, its not gonna be easy.

Do not study this course, if you are studying this course and its too late, just start else where that isn't accounting field.
The flood gates for malaysians have long been opened, your best bet is to go into banking. But the fking malaysians are starting to amass there.

Unregistered 27-12-2023 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 264021)
Technically they earn the same amount as you, just that it’s more worthwhile in their home country.

Nothing stopping us from migrating to their country to retire, buy their house and marry their women, applying their PR

But the problem is, why do we have so much competition with foreigners even in our home country. bloody malaysians stealing our rice bowl. diluting our salaries.

The audit partners destroyed the profession with their own hands. Its no wonder they have trouble hiring locals now, and have to settle for lousy malaysians that can't speak proper english.

Everytime i see my partner panic, i feel damn song. go home sleep well