Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 11-12-2023 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 262854)
Need to make govt set higher bar like they gave for banking industry. All these jhk happy with a 2.8k salary and bao ga liao because x3.5, how to raise standards?

3k sgd is almost rm10.5k. every weekend can go back jb and shop at mid valley southkey until song song gao kl. work 1 year can buy one honda car in bolehland liao. really is ji gou li yi xia.

Unregistered 11-12-2023 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 262853)
Blue: We won't raise pay because other people will just raise it again. Orange got more money, you want higher pay you go there lah

Isn't Blue's pay higher than everyone else by 20%?

Unregistered 11-12-2023 10:06 PM

tried working with recruiters just to be told that they can't place people with 100% audit experience, must have industry experience only can. fml

Unregistered 11-12-2023 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 262873)

jesus christ what industry are you even from? have you even worked a day in a Big 4?

Unregistered 11-12-2023 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 262874)
tried working with recruiters just to be told that they can't place people with 100% audit experience, must have industry experience only can. fml

can't get a job without experience, can't get experience without a job..

how to get a mix of audit and industry experience if cannot find someone willing to offer

Unregistered 11-12-2023 10:09 PM

Quote:

Dude 20% is more than 1k... Do you seriously think they'd pay 1k above market? These cheapo audit partners? For 1k you can get a full time intern already

Unregistered 11-12-2023 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 262875)
jesus christ what industry are you even from? have you even worked a day in a Big 4?

Not sure what you mean by industry, but I'm not working.

I read from here:

s://.straitstimes.com/business/banking/kpmg-to-give-20-pay-bump-to-auditors-for-chartered-accountant-qualification

Unregistered 11-12-2023 10:10 PM

Quote:

blue is lowest bro. looks like the marketing dept's tricks worked on you.

Unregistered 11-12-2023 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 262878)

I read from here:

s://.straitstimes.com/business/banking/kpmg-to-give-20-pay-bump-to-auditors-for-chartered-accountant-qualification

okay so you must be a student to fall for that. fyi they cancelled that 20% program for qualified SQPs just a few days after spamming all that announcement on every news outlet but never made a single press release about the cancellation. also they stopped it for a while before being made available again after a lot of hoohaa but changed to 10% only. the other firms raised their pay anyway so it's even higher than blue's. blue's audit system is stuck in the 2010s and totally not worth that so-called 10% anyway, you should be running after 4 years in audit regardless

Unregistered 11-12-2023 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 262878)

I read from here:

They had to raise it from 3k because nobody wants to work 9-2am for 3k pay when tons of WLB jobs with better pay exists, and border closure means legally cannot get dumb jhks. 20% of 3k is not impressive when it's been like that for almost a decade.