Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 02-05-2024 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 277519)
I'm a Malaysian currently working as a Senior Associate at EY Singapore, having transferred from EY KL. I enjoy working in Singapore as there are many fellow Malaysians here. However, I find the workload quite stressful and the cost of renting to be high.

Any Malaysian here?

Hmm quite normal what.
Some join mid tier in sg before joining b4.

How is audit stressful? I think u find ur job boring and working long hours only.

Cost of living is high. My colleague month exp is more than 10k. 2 kids at childcare plus housing plus mthly exp. Not ez...jia you. Im sure if u single still ok haha.

Local here :)

Unregistered 02-05-2024 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 277525)
Risk-based.

Those big jobs, listed jobs, government jobs, will have additional scrutiny so the quality is still quite good.

The smaller jobs, SMEs, no special items on balance sheet or unusual transactions, team composition tends to be more juniors and quality may not be on same level as the listed clients.

Listed jobs probably A+ cause any mishap the audit partner licence is at stake, whereas lower risk they only aim to pass file inspection and not trying to impress anyone.

No lo, u got read acra public report anot. Nobody dare day audit quality is A+ only u.

Unregistered 02-05-2024 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 277526)
How does it even work? Does KPMG SG set up a KPMG SG-MY Sdn bhd or something? Or do they just pass to KPMG MY? I don't recall Malaysian seniors in Big 4 working on Malaysian clients having such high pay like the outsourced seniors do.

How can someone not aware of secondment and outsourcing in big international firm. U new to b4?

Unregistered 02-05-2024 02:03 PM

Hi, Im an S2 in EY Malaysia, and I have applied to SG Big 4 as well as mid tier like BDO, RSM, Crowe, but no replies so far. Can I know when is the recruitment for Big 4 SG usually?

Im just trying to go to SG cause my boyfriend lives there and he keeps asking me to move there for our future

Unregistered 02-05-2024 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 277419)
Are you from yellow ? Sounds like it

Yup yellow one of the simpler sectors

Unregistered 02-05-2024 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 277443)
Really? I thought we only outsource grunt work and not seniors?

We outsource grunt work to grunts who can’t even do grunt work

Unregistered 02-05-2024 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 277541)
Hi, Im an S2 in EY Malaysia, and I have applied to SG Big 4 as well as mid tier like BDO, RSM, Crowe, but no replies so far. Can I know when is the recruitment for Big 4 SG usually?

Im just trying to go to SG cause my boyfriend lives there and he keeps asking me to move there for our future

Hi Malaysian here too.

Why not ask for internal transfer from EY Malaysia to EY Singapore? I'm sure EY Singapore need manpower now.

Unregistered 02-05-2024 04:41 PM

Hi everyone, I just got scolded "don't take your own sweet time" to finish the work.

Any comments?

Unregistered 02-05-2024 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 277552)
Hi Malaysian here too.

Why not ask for internal transfer from EY Malaysia to EY Singapore? I'm sure EY Singapore need manpower now.

Are you from EY SG? Are they hiring rn? Im planning to ask my counselor this during my next 1to1 cause i got good feedback for my FY23 Dec audit.

Im just a bit worried cause my position is S2 and im not super confident about my ability to take on a Supervisor role... Im worried my counselor will think Im not the best fit or like only the best ppl shud be transferred/smthg like that.

I wish I had made the move to SG earlier... But its only recently that my boyfriend keep asking me to move there.

Unregistered 02-05-2024 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 277554)
Are you from EY SG? Are they hiring rn? Im planning to ask my counselor this during my next 1to1 cause i got good feedback for my FY23 Dec audit.

Im just a bit worried cause my position is S2 and im not super confident about my ability to take on a Supervisor role... Im worried my counselor will think Im not the best fit or like only the best ppl shud be transferred/smthg like that.

I wish I had made the move to SG earlier... But its only recently that my boyfriend keep asking me to move there.

No plans to change boyfriend?