Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 04-02-2024 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 267558)
just received 3.6k offer for PwC Financial Services Assurance Associate (non-accountancy). first year no bonus. is this normal? able to negotiate to perhaps 4k?

There is no concept of "negotation" in any of the B4 for entry level positions.

Fixed salary bands.

Unregistered 04-02-2024 11:34 PM

anyone have any idea what is the starting salary for associate for each of the big 4 in audit vs financial advisory services?

Unregistered 05-02-2024 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 267507)
10x better than audit. made a move there and no regrets. better to join as fresh grad though.

definitely ib-lite culture but less cutthroat though still competitive. hours are less predictable and kind of consistently long but people actually have the time to teach (but you need to have self-taught knowledge already). culture-wise the best managers are still the homegrown advisory ones and not transferred from audit imo.

lol another joker comparing your job to IB.
If u never been to IB, i think its better to keep your mouth close..
if not its just funny

Unregistered 05-02-2024 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 267558)
just received 3.6k offer for PwC Financial Services Assurance Associate (non-accountancy). first year no bonus. is this normal? able to negotiate to perhaps 4k?

LOL. earning 3.6k in 2024?
I suggest you reject this kind of joke salary

1) You are a non accountancy grad, you are setting yourself a big trap by entering this field. You are not able to leave even after u become manager due to u having the required degree. So your exit opportunities is almost 0.
2) You think you can survive audit for how many years?

Unregistered 05-02-2024 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 267539)
Thanks this is helpful.

Is SCAQ still relevant for Advisory?

Why would you even think it would be

Unregistered 05-02-2024 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 267481)
Normally the lazy zombified ones are the local Singaporeans NOT the foreigners. And this is fact I believe many locals know deep down inside but many don't want to accept. Simple logic is foreigners are here to work and earn money. Not nua and risk getting fired/let go. Locals on the other hand, think companies owe them a job, do the bare @$$ minimum and take way too many off days. But ask for the sky when it comes to compensation with no ability to justify.

That's why even local run business prefer to hire foreigners than their fellow Singaporeans because of the abovem

No lo gt ppl know how to play politics and
build village.
No competency can only do that. Hire ppl also look at own family member first.
all this kind of nonsense. Pui.

One point correct, they always scare to lose the job.

Unregistered 05-02-2024 03:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 267481)
Normally the lazy zombified ones are the local Singaporeans NOT the foreigners. And this is fact I believe many locals know deep down inside but many don't want to accept. Simple logic is foreigners are here to work and earn money. Not nua and risk getting fired/let go. Locals on the other hand, think companies owe them a job, do the bare @$$ minimum and take way too many off days. But ask for the sky when it comes to compensation with no ability to justify.

That's why even local run business prefer to hire foreigners than their fellow Singaporeans because of the abovem

lol. comparing 2 countries with different exchange rates, of course u get different outcomes.

Sorry to burst your bubble, did u read the news? locals do not want to take up accountancy degrees or work in accountancy jobs.

its the low ses malaysians that want to do audit. so please dont compare

Unregistered 05-02-2024 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 267574)
lol. comparing 2 countries with different exchange rates, of course u get different outcomes.

Sorry to burst your bubble, did u read the news? locals do not want to take up accountancy degrees or work in accountancy jobs.

its the low ses malaysians that want to do audit. so please dont compare

They lost touch 1,
donno wads gg on and just keep working on that brainless job.
These talents are just there to keep these useless no purpose no value job going.
Jobs sg dun do = accountancy, audit.
If the authority or gov allow it, its very clear why they keep getting unqualified ppl to get the job done. Its entry barrier is so low or non existence.

Look at isca getting non accountancy ppl to join scaq
makes everything look so pathetic. Those who did accountancy degree wasted theier time and $.
Only jhk will do accting now i guess and i think we might be the last few batch of local acct grads.

Unregistered 05-02-2024 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 267575)
They lost touch 1,
donno wads gg on and just keep working on that brainless job.
These talents are just there to keep these useless no purpose no value job going.
Jobs sg dun do = accountancy, audit.
If the authority or gov allow it, its very clear why they keep getting unqualified ppl to get the job done. Its entry barrier is so low or non existence.

Look at isca getting non accountancy ppl to join scaq
makes everything look so pathetic. Those who did accountancy degree wasted theier time and $.
Only jhk will do accting now i guess and i think we might be the last few batch of local acct grads.

Sad if locals no longer interested in acct.

End game career for acct still can pay very decent , 100k PA - 250k PA ( average small size cfo/ audit partner), but of course, you need late 30s to earn above 200k

Unregistered 05-02-2024 05:46 PM

Well, there’s a reason why POA is only offered to those who don’t qualify for additional mathematics in my school.