Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 11-12-2021 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 193329)
SM2/3 makes 11k-12k a month.

11k x 14 = 154k

According to the 2019/2020 IRAS annual income stats.
150k annual income is within the top 9.8% bracket of all tax paying residents in Singapore.***

It seems like by sacrificing a good 10 years, an average joe can also make it to the top 10%. Worth it?

*** Not verified. Extracted from here:
s://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/831-how-much-you-earning-per-annum-1280.html#.YbPu99BBxyw

Not stopping you from being ambitious. But if you are an A1 fresh graduate thinking oh I will come in and tank for 10 years and become SM earning 100k - please talk to your seniors and see how many of them left after 3 years or 5 years, and how many actually managed to stay 10 years. Be realistic with expectations.

Hint: not many.

Unregistered 11-12-2021 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 193329)
SM2/3 makes 11k-12k a month.

11k x 14 = 154k

According to the 2019/2020 IRAS annual income stats.
150k annual income is within the top 9.8% bracket of all tax paying residents in Singapore.***

It seems like by sacrificing a good 10 years, an average joe can also make it to the top 10%. Worth it?

*** Not verified. Extracted from here:
s://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/831-how-much-you-earning-per-annum-1280.html#.YbPu99BBxyw

Bro cannot see like that, must compare apples to apples. This is all residents not just degree holders, and you also need to consider age groups, experience, qualifications, industry etc.

Unregistered 11-12-2021 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 193333)
6) Try talking to your 零零后 juniors. This “sacrifice/suffer first, do well later” concept is boomer, outdated, repulsive and not appealing at all. Work life balance is preferred.


Conclusion: You should weigh the pros and cons and decide for yourself.

Lol then what they want? Get 10k salary fresh out of school without learning the ropes?

Unregistered 11-12-2021 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 193338)
Lol then what they want? Get 10k salary fresh out of school without learning the ropes?

There are a few industries that actually give you 10k fresh out of school. Audit ain't one of them. As a matter of fact, none of the lines offered by Big 4 can pay that.

Unregistered 11-12-2021 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 193340)
There are a few industries that actually give you 10k fresh out of school. Audit ain't one of them. As a matter of fact, none of the lines offered by Big 4 can pay that.

I am aware of this and in fact I even predicted someone would point this out (damn I’m good)

But this brings nothing new to the table because we are discussing the average Joe.

Unregistered 11-12-2021 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 193342)
I am aware of this and in fact I even predicted someone would point this out (damn I’m good)

But this brings nothing new to the table because we are discussing the average Joe.

YOu talking about your point 2 ah. Lol this is basic knowledge. you're not saying anything that anybody doesn't already know.

Of cos we're talking about average joes, otherwise they won't be in audit. The problem is that it's not a matter of choice. For the average joe who's an acc grad but refuses to be competitive in his CV and portfolio, Big 4 is the "default" "sure get a job" position. All Big 4 needs is a ton of warm bodies every year. If brainpower and all-rounder quality was a criteria, they wouldn't be hiring so many Tengku abdul rahman uni grads from Malaysia. They're hiring to do audit . What kind of brainpower do you actually need?

TL;DR is that audit sucks badly in terms of overall comp and working hours, and as a long term career prospect. FOr the same amount of grind for the same amount of years, someone in a better industry would be at x2 or even x3 the salary.

Seen in this light, its not a matter of "learning the ropes" to reach $10k or what. One shouldn't even enter into this high effort-low reward line in the first place, if u have better options.

Unregistered 11-12-2021 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 193360)
YOu talking about your point 2 ah. Lol this is basic knowledge. you're not saying anything that anybody doesn't already know.

Of cos we're talking about average joes, otherwise they won't be in audit. The problem is that it's not a matter of choice. For the average joe who's an acc grad but refuses to be competitive in his CV and portfolio, Big 4 is the "default" "sure get a job" position. All Big 4 needs is a ton of warm bodies every year. If brainpower and all-rounder quality was a criteria, they wouldn't be hiring so many Tengku abdul rahman uni grads from Malaysia. They're hiring to do audit . What kind of brainpower do you actually need?

TL;DR is that audit sucks badly in terms of overall comp and working hours, and as a long term career prospect. FOr the same amount of grind for the same amount of years, someone in a better industry would be at x2 or even x3 the salary.

Seen in this light, its not a matter of "learning the ropes" to reach $10k or what. One shouldn't even enter into this high effort-low reward line in the first place, if u have better options.

Actually why are you still here? Still couldn't find your inner peace after leaving big 4 audit?

Unregistered 11-12-2021 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 193285)
LOL "sup guys"? U know why the whole world hates Insurance agents? It's because you guys are self-important and think you guys are at the top of the world. Coming from a job with such low barriers to entry where you don't even need a Poly Diploma to get into. There's no insurance agent thread cos no one gives a sh*t about this career path. Hence why you guys need to hijack other threads and constantly annoy others on LinkedIn in the hopes of finding someone who's unemployed and down on their luck and has no choice but to join the industry and do what you're doing now. Pathetic

Not self important but very important LOL imagine when auditors like u overworked and develop further medical complications who will be the one helping you with the claims? Also, imagine when you are so busy OT and who is the onr who help you get your investment sorted out? All these are settled by us as financial consultants.

Technically, we are like a combination of doctor + investment banker which makes us important :)

Unregistered 11-12-2021 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 193363)
Actually why are you still here? Still couldn't find your inner peace after leaving big 4 audit?

For attention lah.

Unregistered 11-12-2021 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 193360)
YOu talking about your point 2 ah. Lol this is basic knowledge. you're not saying anything that anybody doesn't already know.

Of cos we're talking about average joes, otherwise they won't be in audit. The problem is that it's not a matter of choice. For the average joe who's an acc grad but refuses to be competitive in his CV and portfolio, Big 4 is the "default" "sure get a job" position. All Big 4 needs is a ton of warm bodies every year. If brainpower and all-rounder quality was a criteria, they wouldn't be hiring so many Tengku abdul rahman uni grads from Malaysia. They're hiring to do audit . What kind of brainpower do you actually need?

TL;DR is that audit sucks badly in terms of overall comp and working hours, and as a long term career prospect. FOr the same amount of grind for the same amount of years, someone in a better industry would be at x2 or even x3 the salary.

Seen in this light, its not a matter of "learning the ropes" to reach $10k or what. One shouldn't even enter into this high effort-low reward line in the first place, if u have better options.

You quote wrong guy. I am the guy who posted the 6 points. The other poster talking about 10k is another person.


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 05:53 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2