Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 05-02-2024 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 267575)
They lost touch 1,
donno wads gg on and just keep working on that brainless job.
These talents are just there to keep these useless no purpose no value job going.
Jobs sg dun do = accountancy, audit.
If the authority or gov allow it, its very clear why they keep getting unqualified ppl to get the job done. Its entry barrier is so low or non existence.

Look at isca getting non accountancy ppl to join scaq
makes everything look so pathetic. Those who did accountancy degree wasted theier time and $.
Only jhk will do accting now i guess and i think we might be the last few batch of local acct grads.

this industry really gg-ed by the top. dunno why they'd rather hire non-accountancy students than accountancy students from private unis. so out of touch.

also lying to students about how there's wlb in audit... now the new joiners all get upset when asked to OT then our projects all cannot finish on time.

Unregistered 05-02-2024 09:35 PM

What job to do instead of audit anyway? I graduated already so can't switch to tech and I don't want to do sales.

Unregistered 05-02-2024 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 267640)
What job to do instead of audit anyway? I graduated already so can't switch to tech and I don't want to do sales.

ask ur mom to do onlyfans and u be her manager

Unregistered 06-02-2024 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 267579)
Sad if locals no longer interested in acct.

End game career for acct still can pay very decent , 100k PA - 250k PA ( average small size cfo/ audit partner), but of course, you need late 30s to earn above 200k

Keep ur dream alive. Not all get there. So far only see those born rich get there by 30s. Usually fam hand down. 200k. Dream big

Unregistered 06-02-2024 03:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 267660)
Keep ur dream alive. Not all get there. So far only see those born rich get there by 30s. Usually fam hand down. 200k. Dream big

What a childish dream
They can hand u all 3.6k as fresh grad and you dont even have time to spend it due to OT every single day. You go home to sleep 5 hours and head back to work

Unregistered 06-02-2024 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 267579)
Sad if locals no longer interested in acct.

End game career for acct still can pay very decent , 100k PA - 250k PA ( average small size cfo/ audit partner), but of course, you need late 30s to earn above 200k

I’m probably among the younger ones here.

I see what you’re saying, but “late 30s” is not what we look at. The Graduate Employment Survey shows starting salaries so there is a greater emphasis on that.

With social media, people want to show they are having fun in 20s. Guys are already 25 after graduation, there’s only a few years to travel and have fun and we don’t want to spend those time OTing.

There is also no promise or guarantee of a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. So it just seems all very risky to me. A bird in hand is worth two in the bush.

Unregistered 06-02-2024 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 267661)
What a childish dream
They can hand u all 3.6k as fresh grad and you dont even have time to spend it due to OT every single day. You go home to sleep 5 hours and head back to work

I would say the majority of us won’t accept that without considering other career options.

There is a very small minority who are workaholics who almost seem like they enjoy the OT and wear it like a badge of honor. They humble brag about how late they work last night.

My worry is these are the people who stay to managers and then expect the same from the rest of us.

Unregistered 06-02-2024 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 267660)

Of course not all get there,

No job will guarantee you the pay u desire, however need to see what value you can bring to the table

Unregistered 06-02-2024 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 267640)

Ok so my honest feeling is you should have thought about this before choosing your major

But I want to also console you that many people end up working in an unrelated discipline from their degree, but it would be harder to seize those job opportunities.

You can also go into accounting, marketing, HR, finance, tax, business consulting, operations, and other normal admin office jobs.

Think not much chance for those engineering, science, healthcare jobs I think not much chance.

Accounting is a lot less exclusive, cause we open doors to non accountancy graduates also.

Unregistered 06-02-2024 10:10 AM

s://.moe.gov.sg/-/media/files/post-secondary/ges-2022/web-publication-ntu-ges-2022.ashx

It looks like the 3.6k figure quoted in this thread is accurate and aligned with the MOE data.

My goodness, Accountancy has one of the lowest median starting salaries.