Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 23-03-2024 12:49 AM

Can I tender 1 day after getting my bonus? Will they ask for it? My friend in another company said for them they have to stay another month before they can tender. Else will have to return the bonus.

Unregistered 23-03-2024 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 272156)
Can I tender 1 day after getting my bonus? Will they ask for it? My friend in another company said for them they have to stay another month before they can tender. Else will have to return the bonus.

I thought they always attached FAQs in the bonus email. Anyway, you will find out within a few days. Many will start throwing letters.

Unregistered 23-03-2024 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 272148)
Same, bruh. This is the Yallow norm. U can only take leave when they don’t need u on the jobs or when u manage to squeeze somewhere in between the gaps of the engagement bookings. If fully booked, u can only try negotiating with your manager to approve ur leave on their engagements.

Same for blue. If you are too capable then they will even cancel your leave and refuse to answer you besides saying 'error'.

Unregistered 23-03-2024 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 272141)
Same, I'm not allowed to take leave since November until Aug. Sep YE, Dec YE, delayed Dec YE, Jun YE. No wonder everyone ran before peak.

It's more of managers not wanting to book lousy people so good people get overbooked and leave when they crack haha

**** this stupid ****, obviously the leadership suck if people have to work 3-6 jobs at the same time while being booked on a main job that takes up 10 hours not including lunch.

lol when you become manager you will also book just the reliable and good ones, who then tend to get overworked while the lousy ones got more admin time to shake leg but collect same paycheck

Unregistered 23-03-2024 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 272178)
lol when you become manager you will also book just the reliable and good ones, who then tend to get overworked while the lousy ones got more admin time to shake leg but collect same paycheck

And that's why good ones tend to leave the firm for better pay and work-life balance when they see their peers doing less work for the same paycheck.

Unregistered 23-03-2024 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 272181)
And that's why good ones tend to leave the firm for better pay and work-life balance when they see their peers doing less work for the same paycheck.

Or you can stay and game the system by performing just enough to be promoted by doing the bare minimum

I kept my head low, didn’t have to OT, and still made manager lol.

Course, you need to be a A+ student in the first place to be able to pretend to be a B student.

Unregistered 23-03-2024 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 272194)
Or you can stay and game the system by performing just enough to be promoted by doing the bare minimum

I kept my head low, didn’t have to OT, and still made manager lol.

Course, you need to be a A+ student in the first place to be able to pretend to be a B student.

I believe u until the point where u say u dun have to OT. Thanks for the csb!

Unregistered 23-03-2024 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 272181)

So fair to say audit managers are those that cmi since they couldn’t leave when they seniors?

Unregistered 23-03-2024 12:30 PM

People who stay long enough are all siaolangs living in their own world. You can’t talk any sense to them one. It’s also very easy to trigger them. When you tell them that their job is not even worth the stress like doctors, lawyers, investment bankers, they will flip table and hurl vulgarities at you.

Unregistered 23-03-2024 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 272199)
So fair to say audit managers are those that cmi since they couldn’t leave when they seniors?

I have seen more incompetent managers than good managers when I was still in audit lol. The ones that I respected left shortly since they couldn’t deal with the ******** anymore.