Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 23-01-2022 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 199079)
how is the job? can roughly reveal like what do yall do day to day?

Client side or wfh. Some time do some pentest, some time do some risk assessment or host config review.

Go back office for weekly meeting

Unregistered 23-01-2022 08:27 PM

Anyone care to advise why EY prefer overseas grads rather than sg, even with professional qualifications? Can the overseas grad go beyond seniors? It seems that A1 to S2 is filled with MY.

Unregistered 23-01-2022 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 199085)
Client side or wfh. Some time do some pentest, some time do some risk assessment or host config review.

Go back office for weekly meeting

how is the attrition rate? need to keep do presentation? in your opinion can join or not?

Unregistered 23-01-2022 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 199087)
Anyone care to advise why EY prefer overseas grads rather than sg, even with professional qualifications? Can the overseas grad go beyond seniors? It seems that A1 to S2 is filled with MY.

"Overseas grad" is a generous way of saying cheap labour from less developed economies. For a moment I thought you were talking about Singaporeans returning from Oxford or Harvard.

Unregistered 23-01-2022 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 199005)
KPMG and PwC.

can share the compensation for cybersecurity related roles? similar to below?

AM 5.8k
M1 7k
M2 7.6k
M3 8.4k
SM 9.6k

Unregistered 23-01-2022 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 199089)
"Overseas grad" is a generous way of saying cheap labour from less developed economies. For a moment I thought you were talking about Singaporeans returning from Oxford or Harvard.

Yes. To be precise, from less developed countries. HR bias or sg can't compete?

Unregistered 23-01-2022 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 199091)
Yes. To be precise, from less developed countries. HR bias or sg can't compete?

HR lor so obvious as long can catch the mouse can already tio bo? Overseas grad get PR convert to citizen liao will vote for pap leh. What can y’all do? Keep complain lor Keke

Unregistered 23-01-2022 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 199087)

Of course they can go beyond seniors. They are full time hires just like other Singaporeans.

Not only EY. Boils back to manpower gap created by the harsh working hours and environment, as well as fresh graduate pay which has not been adjusted for a while (at least 10 years?). Year 0 is maybe still alright, but the attrition can kicks in fast in Year 0-3 and may be bigger than expected at times. So need other ways to full the shortage .

Unregistered 23-01-2022 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 199094)
HR lor so obvious as long can catch the mouse can already tio bo? Overseas grad get PR convert to citizen liao will vote for pap leh. What can y’all do? Keep complain lor Keke

Thanks. No wonder I see big4 HR not from sg and there is a lot of referral bonus and stuff. Meritocracy at its best. It amazing how nation building becomes village building for non sg. Will save my time and skip big4.

Unregistered 23-01-2022 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 199102)
Of course they can go beyond seniors. They are full time hires just like other Singaporeans.

Not only EY. Boils back to manpower gap created by the harsh working hours and environment, as well as fresh graduate pay which has not been adjusted for a while (at least 10 years?). Year 0 is maybe still alright, but the attrition can kicks in fast in Year 0-3 and may be bigger than expected at times. So need other ways to full the shortage .

Now with professional qualifications can go beyond seniors? So sqp is useless? It appears that a lot of overseas grads only have acca. Most of them even sitting with their local uni. We can reach manager roles with just degree?