Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 22-03-2024 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 272011)
Hi everyone

Today is my last day in big4

Anyone know what time is the handover process?

peak wish fulfillment story

they will send a long email so no way you wouldnt know what it entails

Unregistered 22-03-2024 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 272011)
Hi everyone

Today is my last day in big4

Anyone know what time is the handover process?

Congratulations. Later want to LPS share storee.

No more jhk and jollibeee

Unregistered 22-03-2024 11:25 AM

got offered deals advisory with blue and TAP program at accenture.
pay wise acn higher by $400, any advice which to choose? concern about progression because acn seems like alot of people stuck no promotion

Unregistered 22-03-2024 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 272026)
pay wise acn higher by $400, any advice which to choose? concern about progression because acn seems like alot of people stuck no promotion

Go for the higher pay.

Unregistered 22-03-2024 02:22 PM

Quote:

acn high chance got no work life balance

Unregistered 22-03-2024 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 272017)
peak wish fulfillment story

they will send a long email so no way you wouldnt know what it entails

Why do you see the need to call this out?

Can’t you let people dream on the internet?

Unregistered 22-03-2024 04:54 PM

I have heard that the Big Four accounting firms have their own unique mechanisms in place. Regardless of how many senior or associate-level employees resign, the HR recruitment teams are able to find replacements. They can approach professionals from mid-tier or smaller firms, or they may recruit fresh graduates from universities. Am I correct to say that?

Unregistered 22-03-2024 05:02 PM

Currently in big 4 (S2) but looking for jobs

Horrible, personally stayed until 11pm-2am (typing this at 12am in cab) in office but I’ve seen teams OT till 6am or overnight in office. On the website I’m booked for 1 job but in reality I’m doing 3. Had multiple nosebleeds.

Both really, I spend a lot of time attending useless meetings with no conclusions especially with those first year managers that want to change the world

No, I think it’s harder to find jobs outside audit as you progress. Who wants to pay $7-8k for someone who can’t even prepare full set of accounts?

Completed my CA, time to leave!

No, my bf is in an equally OT-intensive job

No, my office is flooded with Malaysians and Mainland Chinese who are willing to do the work. Only 2 Singaporeans in my team of 12. I speak chinese with them mostly since I cannot understand their english

Unregistered 22-03-2024 06:08 PM

Quote:

Which line in deals, theyre all different... I'm in blue deals and different teams are different.

Unregistered 22-03-2024 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 271922)
Sounds like my dept in Blue. My friends in other depts have been asking me about it too but I really have no clue. Any seniors or managers know why?

I'm guessing RECT? My sis has been OTing in office until 12am-3am and staying in office on weekends until 8-10pm. The big boss will reject all annual leaves for half the year too apparently so I'm not surprised people are leaving in droves.