Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 24-02-2024 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 269173)
Sure not?

What’s your licence number?

yes got licence but no client now

Bro...u think I will put my licence number here in this forum?

If I put my licence number here, it will be documented here forever haha

Unregistered 24-02-2024 10:36 PM

What is the earliest one can make partner?

Friend of friend told me her friend’s boyfriend made partner 8 years in, but always thought it takes at least 15 years?

My friend at 7 years is AM / M

Unregistered 24-02-2024 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 269192)

Friend of friend told me her friend’s boyfriend made partner 8 years in, but always thought it takes at least 15 years?

Less than 3 years after being manager if you can bring in revenue

Unregistered 25-02-2024 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 269192)

Depends on firm. Small firm can. Big firm i know one who did because was politically connected and got GLC clients.

More likely is he is partner after beimg SM for 8years.... or he does tax.

Unregistered 25-02-2024 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 269200)
Depends on firm. Small firm can. Big firm i know one who did because was politically connected and got GLC clients.

More likely is he is partner after beimg SM for 8years.... or he does tax.

Right? It sounded rather implausible to make partner 8 years in

Unregistered 25-02-2024 11:55 AM

Why do some mgrs make it some like climbing to mgr rank is a very big deal? You and I know that the effort to climb to audit mgr =/ commercial manager. The only way to climb up here is to stay and sell you soul to work 24/7 and drink the koolaid…

Unregistered 25-02-2024 12:52 PM

Glad I made it out of this industry already. Only siaolangs will stay there for long. The audit work is not hard, the difficult part is trying to figure out what the jhk managers is trying to convey with their half-past-six engrish all the times. These peeps have no qualms in calling you in the middle of the night to scold you up down left right and demand you to come over office to work over the weekends from 9am-3am. On my very last day of work, my toxic sm still have the cheeks to smirk and tell me that i cannot find any job outside better than audit. LOL.

Unregistered 25-02-2024 03:09 PM

even insolent and ppty agent have much better sales skills than the dinosaur big 4 managers who need so many middle manager title before reaching partner.

If you can sell, you honestly do not need 10 years to reach partner from manager level.

Unregistered 25-02-2024 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 269237)
even insolent and ppty agent have much better sales skills than the dinosaur big 4 managers who need so many middle manager title before reaching partner.

If you can sell, you honestly do not need 10 years to reach partner from manager level.

part of the grind from M to SM is to build up technical knowledge. gotta give them credit, there's genuinely a lot of risk issues and auditing and reporting standards that even i don't even know about that they could notice.

it's not like property agent job where if you didn't pay attention to the property rules exam also nevermind cause nobody can sue you. had way too many friends who suffered at the hands of property agent who gave wrong advice that costed $$$ and they didnt receive a single punishment. as long as sale is made they can chut after getting their commission, no liability.

Unregistered 25-02-2024 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 269230)
Glad I made it out of this industry already. Only siaolangs will stay there for long. The audit work is not hard, the difficult part is trying to figure out what the jhk managers is trying to convey with their half-past-six engrish all the times. These peeps have no qualms in calling you in the middle of the night to scold you up down left right and demand you to come over office to work over the weekends from 9am-3am. On my very last day of work, my toxic sm still have the cheeks to smirk and tell me that i cannot find any job outside better than audit. LOL.

Ur sm jhk anot those 15 yoe sm i always tell them do smth meaningful for their life.. or at least for there fam... stuck so lonh