Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 12-01-2024 11:07 AM

NTU ACC is BBC/C whereas Biz is BBC/B

Just study slightly harder and you don’t need to deal with this OT to midnight life.

Study hard kids!

Unregistered 12-01-2024 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 265414)
I see poly, highschool student interns now.
What is going on. Want ruin these kids future?
Horrible acct industry, destroy ppl life from young

it's cheap labour. 1k salary, no insurance, no bonus. just pay for the 9 months peak, 3 months off peak no need to pay salary. fat margins for partners at the cost of clueless students.

i dunk on the aussies for being sloths but at least they are required to pay interns at least minimum wage so full time interns there earn as much as a full time staff. I don't mind a HCOL if it means everyone gets it better.

at this rate, business grads should just do sales or operations instead of accounting. much better payoff

Unregistered 12-01-2024 12:26 PM

Hi guys, I am jaded from big 4 audit due to the long hours, low pay and toxic managers. I want to break into high paying glamorous jobs such as IB, S&T, Equity Research and PB. Any tips here?

Unregistered 12-01-2024 12:42 PM

Easy,

Step 1: Don't be Singaporean
Step 2: Don't live in Singapore

Done.

Unregistered 12-01-2024 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 265420)
Hi guys, I am jaded from big 4 audit due to the long hours, low pay and toxic managers. I want to break into high paying glamorous jobs such as IB, S&T, Equity Research and PB. Any tips here?

Such a troll question but I shall entertain you with a serious reply.

In the past 9 years, I have only seen/heard of maybe 4 people achieve this out of hundreds and hundreds of staff, and this includes folks from the AAA batch.

1 is a damn zai person who came audit with his friends and quit within half a year to go into high finance. His resume is sick even for a fresh graduate. Near perfect CAP and multiple elite internship. Near valedictorian standard kind.

2nd is a guy with connections - self explanatory and not a fair example.

3rd guy took the technical way of clearing CFA and MBA at his own expense and got lucky with a opportunity to go inside. He was doing this part time while juggling audit peak, also damn zai FCH from AAA era. Just stalked his LinkedIn - looks like a small fry even though he made it through the door.

Last guy was exceptional performer in audit in first 3 years; transferred to consulting, then from there he got lucky to network his way out.

In all examples above, you’re basically not going to have any luck if you are an average dude in audit.

Unregistered 12-01-2024 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 265419)
it's cheap labour. 1k salary, no insurance, no bonus. just pay for the 9 months peak, 3 months off peak no need to pay salary. fat margins for partners at the cost of clueless students.

i dunk on the aussies for being sloths but at least they are required to pay interns at least minimum wage so full time interns there earn as much as a full time staff. I don't mind a HCOL if it means everyone gets it better.

at this rate, business grads should just do sales or operations instead of accounting. much better payoff

No business graduate will go big 4.

Unpopular opinion but Only those biz-rejects go accounting.

Unregistered 12-01-2024 04:28 PM

Quote:

lol why u dunk on operations. i know some people doing freight ops and logistics at freaking changi having a much better life than auditors

Unregistered 12-01-2024 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 265437)
lol why u dunk on operations. i know some people doing freight ops and logistics at freaking changi having a much better life than auditors

where got dunk, i'm encouraging people to go operations leh. i just think nobody should do audit at all anymore. not even fresh grads. let the foreigners do them all while locals take up the cushy roles to boost the local quota.

i only dunk on aussies for taking 2 weeks to reply to my emails because they're perpetually on leave or only work 9-4 but i sure as hell would love to be like them.

Unregistered 12-01-2024 06:34 PM

Quote:

It is all about economics of scale.

If everyone is high pay, then who is poor?

Things will be super expensive, COE sky high. Same goes to property, etc etc

Nonetheless, working hours per week at SG ( regardless of acct or not, is abt 45-55hrs)

Dont think there is job offer sharp sharp leave ,

Unregistered 12-01-2024 06:38 PM

I see my associate jin suay and cham. Pri sch, sec sch, jc top scholar. Uni dean lister. If wanna go ib is no problem one. Dk why tao nao pai come audit, work under tonkatsu ramen jhk senior with avg in less than 100 who can’t even bring one basic English sentence. Mug for exam so hard end up take less than 4k and work like a dog