Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 13-01-2024 12:22 PM

Dont weak lah auditors. just ot and get it done. now so easy. with not much people quitting. over staffed bro

Big 4 attrition rate dropped to a new low of 25% only, almost half of usual so why all the cries about understaffing? Man up you wimps, understaffed my foot

s://.acra.gov.sg/docs/default-source/default-document-library/public-accountants/audit-quality-indicators-disclosure-framework/aqi---industry-information-(sep-2023).pdf

Unregistered 13-01-2024 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 265495)
Dont weak lah auditors. just ot and get it done. now so easy. with not much people quitting. over staffed bro

Big 4 attrition rate dropped to a new low of 25% only, almost half of usual so why all the cries about understaffing? Man up you wimps, understaffed my foot

s://.acra.gov.sg/docs/default-source/default-document-library/public-accountants/audit-quality-indicators-disclosure-framework/aqi---industry-information-(sep-2023).pdf

Bark for the master sia. Sb xia suay

Unregistered 13-01-2024 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 265473)
Aqi sep. Dun blur leh. Dead job.

the resignation wave this year was after sep. which was why they didn't mass hire in aug/sep. now they're trying to find people but now peak so managers too busy to go for interviews. partners seem really glad that the leftovers are happy to tank because they're terrified of the job market. all happily going holiday during peak and expect managers to settle the dodgy ****.

Unregistered 13-01-2024 05:34 PM

Dear diary,

Today I successfully pwn my bunch of lowly life audiktors. I told them that the reporting deadline is end of next week but actually, it’s 2 weeks from now. This way, they will have no choice but come back office and burn their weekends with me. Since I’m single, I will not be feeling lonely and will not have to be jealous of couples roaming the shopping centers over the weekends. And once they have started to submit their wp for my review, I will start to shoot out tons of meaningless review notes to stress them unnecessarily. This way, they will know that I am the BOSS that decides whether they will get promoted or not. And they have no choice but to llst. :)

Regards,
Aspiring partner

Unregistered 13-01-2024 06:33 PM

those posting here prob these few days most likely not auditors. my friends who are still at big 4 received their MA and start to OT like mad already. reporting due around next 2 weeks.

Unregistered 13-01-2024 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 265510)
those posting here prob these few days most likely not auditors. my friends who are still at big 4 received their MA and start to OT like mad already. reporting due around next 2 weeks.

They are auditors lah, just not current ones. All left years ago but like to come in lol

Unregistered 14-01-2024 01:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 265510)

Ahh ic.. enjoy listening to them barking and licking the master.

I hope auditors found it meaning to sell their time for no value work

Unregistered 14-01-2024 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 265534)
Ahh ic.. enjoy listening to them barking and licking the master.

I hope auditors found it meaning to sell their time for no value work

Posted at 1:56 AM.. you just finish OT ah?

So sad, on a saturday night

Unregistered 14-01-2024 11:00 AM

In the vibrant heart of Singapore's financial district, I, Michael Tan, embarked on a journey within the prestigious walls of a Big 4 audit firm. Fresh out of university, a mix of anticipation and anxiety filled my days as I stepped into a world where glass skyscrapers mirrored the high stakes and global nature of our work.

Orientation sessions and training whizzed by, and soon I found myself assigned to a multinational technology corporation for my inaugural project. The financial intricacies of the company proved to be a challenging initiation. Days blurred into nights as we worked tirelessly, scrutinizing financial statements, cross-referencing data, and attempting to untangle the complex web of transactions.

Late-night hours became routine, and the pressure to meet tight deadlines loomed over us like a shadow. The demanding nature of auditing in a city known for its stringent regulatory environment became apparent. Yet, the significance of accurate financial reporting and my role in ensuring it kept me driven.

One night, as I delved into a set of financial records, I stumbled upon discrepancies that sent up red flags. The weight of responsibility rested heavily on my shoulders as I brought it to the attention of the senior team. The subsequent comprehensive investigation revealed potential irregularities that could have significant repercussions for both the client and the firm.

This incident underscored the intense nature of auditing, where the pressure to uncover financial discrepancies collided with the stress of meeting tight deadlines. My work-life balance suffered, a casualty of the demands placed on me by client expectations and the firm's commitment to delivering quality service.

However, amid the chaos, moments of camaraderie emerged, weaving a silver lining into the challenging narrative. Strong bonds formed with colleagues who shared not only the workload but also laughter and support. The diversity within the team, reflective of Singapore's multicultural fabric, added richness to my professional experience and broadened my perspective.

As the months passed, I found myself navigating diverse industries – from finance to manufacturing – each presenting its unique set of challenges. The skills I acquired extended beyond the technical realm, encompassing interpersonal facets. Managing client relationships, communicating complex findings, and balancing expectations became integral aspects of my role.

One project, in particular, etched itself into my memory – a journey into the vibrant world of a fintech startup. The energy of the environment and the innovation bubbling within the company injected a renewed enthusiasm into my work. The startup experience was a testament to the dynamic nature of my profession, presenting challenges that fueled both personal and professional growth.

Yet, the demanding nature of the job often cast shadows over the positives. The work-life balance continued to elude me, and the relentless pursuit of perfection in financial audits sometimes felt like an uphill battle. The pressure cooker environment of tight deadlines and meticulous scrutiny was a double-edged sword, sharpening my skills while simultaneously taking a toll on my well-being.

Despite the hardships, the journey within the Big 4 firm in Singapore unveiled a tapestry of experiences, weaving together moments of triumph, camaraderie, and personal growth. It was a path laden with challenges, but one that ultimately sculpted me into a seasoned professional ready to face the dynamic landscape of the financial world in the heart of Southeast Asia's bustling metropolis.

Unregistered 14-01-2024 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 265548)
In the vibrant heart of Singapore's financial district, I, Michael Tan, embarked on a journey within the prestigious walls of a Big 4 audit firm. Fresh out of university, a mix of anticipation and anxiety filled my days as I stepped into a world where glass skyscrapers mirrored the high stakes and global nature of our work.

Orientation sessions and training whizzed by, and soon I found myself assigned to a multinational technology corporation for my inaugural project. The financial intricacies of the company proved to be a challenging initiation. Days blurred into nights as we worked tirelessly, scrutinizing financial statements, cross-referencing data, and attempting to untangle the complex web of transactions.

Late-night hours became routine, and the pressure to meet tight deadlines loomed over us like a shadow. The demanding nature of auditing in a city known for its stringent regulatory environment became apparent. Yet, the significance of accurate financial reporting and my role in ensuring it kept me driven.

One night, as I delved into a set of financial records, I stumbled upon discrepancies that sent up red flags. The weight of responsibility rested heavily on my shoulders as I brought it to the attention of the senior team. The subsequent comprehensive investigation revealed potential irregularities that could have significant repercussions for both the client and the firm.

This incident underscored the intense nature of auditing, where the pressure to uncover financial discrepancies collided with the stress of meeting tight deadlines. My work-life balance suffered, a casualty of the demands placed on me by client expectations and the firm's commitment to delivering quality service.

However, amid the chaos, moments of camaraderie emerged, weaving a silver lining into the challenging narrative. Strong bonds formed with colleagues who shared not only the workload but also laughter and support. The diversity within the team, reflective of Singapore's multicultural fabric, added richness to my professional experience and broadened my perspective.

As the months passed, I found myself navigating diverse industries – from finance to manufacturing – each presenting its unique set of challenges. The skills I acquired extended beyond the technical realm, encompassing interpersonal facets. Managing client relationships, communicating complex findings, and balancing expectations became integral aspects of my role.

One project, in particular, etched itself into my memory – a journey into the vibrant world of a fintech startup. The energy of the environment and the innovation bubbling within the company injected a renewed enthusiasm into my work. The startup experience was a testament to the dynamic nature of my profession, presenting challenges that fueled both personal and professional growth.

Yet, the demanding nature of the job often cast shadows over the positives. The work-life balance continued to elude me, and the relentless pursuit of perfection in financial audits sometimes felt like an uphill battle. The pressure cooker environment of tight deadlines and meticulous scrutiny was a double-edged sword, sharpening my skills while simultaneously taking a toll on my well-being.

Despite the hardships, the journey within the Big 4 firm in Singapore unveiled a tapestry of experiences, weaving together moments of triumph, camaraderie, and personal growth. It was a path laden with challenges, but one that ultimately sculpted me into a seasoned professional ready to face the dynamic landscape of the financial world in the heart of Southeast Asia's bustling metropolis.

very good now got generative AI