Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 19-01-2024 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 265968)
Please try to actually sleep 8 hours the day before your interview. When you're extremely sleep deprived for months, sometimes you just lose it during the interview even though you're normally sensible and articulate. Did badly in 3 of my most coveted interviews because of it. I hope this doesn't happen to anyone else, especially now that they're not allowing leaves and MCs due to the hiring freeze.
t.

not allowing MCs is against MOM law liao. can complain to MOM

Unregistered 19-01-2024 07:08 PM

Dont weak lah auditors. just ot and get it done. now so easy. with not much people quitting.
You guys enjoy doing nothing for 3/4 of the year liao, now peak period so cry?

Big 4 attrition rate dropped to a new low of 25% only, almost half of usual so why all the cries about understaffing? Man up you wimps, understaffed my foot

s://.acra.gov.sg/docs/default-source/default-document-library/public-accountants/audit-quality-indicators-disclosure-framework/aqi---industry-information-(sep-2023).pdf

Unregistered 19-01-2024 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 265980)
what is ca sg? yes shes from local uni and this is for an internship (she is given choice between winter and summer) is pwc that bad? wa

bump please

Unregistered 19-01-2024 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 265922)
Let's just say if you're promoted without any delays and bought a condo already you won't be able to afford it without getting a personal loan etc. Forgot the exact figures but my BIL was begging his entire family to lend him money for it. Something something partner earnings can recoup 100% in a few years. Can guess from there bah.

Do partners get existing portfolios or are they expected to hustle and get new biz .
Cause I don’t see any new partners bringing in any biz - it’s all prev portfolios

Unregistered 19-01-2024 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 265980)
what is ca sg? yes shes from local uni and this is for an internship (she is given choice between winter and summer) is pwc that bad? wa

pwc is not that bad. the problem is audit is bad.

Unregistered 19-01-2024 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 265985)
not allowing MCs is against MOM law liao. can complain to MOM

lol we're allowed to take but still must meet timeline, no replacement no cover, got meeting also must attend. essentially waste your MC because you still have to work. literally can't work? pls replace your full work day on weekend then.

one friend left because of this. got gastritis or something, still got asked to work. obviously cannot work even 50% capacity so manager got mad and kept targeting her until gave bad review. her PM said she escaped a PIP only because that manager is not her PM, but PM resigned so this manager became her PM hahaha

Unregistered 19-01-2024 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 265998)
lol we're allowed to take but still must meet timeline, no replacement no cover, got meeting also must attend. essentially waste your MC because you still have to work. literally can't work? pls replace your full work day on weekend then.

one friend left because of this. got gastritis or something, still got asked to work. obviously cannot work even 50% capacity so manager got mad and kept targeting her until gave bad review. her PM said she escaped a PIP only because that manager is not her PM, but PM resigned so this manager became her PM hahaha

As pointed out by another poster, the root cause seems to be there is no concept of “cover”.

If no one replaces you, and the work remains your responsibility to complete at a pre-determined deadline, it just means you have to OT more after your return from MC

Unregistered 19-01-2024 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 265996)
Do partners get existing portfolios or are they expected to hustle and get new biz .
Cause I don’t see any new partners bringing in any biz - it’s all prev portfolios

I believe there will be pressure from above to bring in new business, but they can also 躺平 and maintain their portfolio but will affect their earnings.

The exact profit sharing package is naturally confidential, but it’s open secret your earnings is pegged to the size of your portfolio.

Unregistered 19-01-2024 10:02 PM

How can audit partners get new biz in sg ? There is only so many big companies lol

Unregistered 19-01-2024 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 265997)
pwc is not that bad. the problem is audit is bad.

ok...cant she just go for advisory? is there anyone with direct knowledge abt this pls, i can tell from the last 1080 pages that the industry sucks, im just asking a question for my friend thank u