Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 19-01-2024 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 265920)
Multiple sm and m leaving.pretty exciting way to start the year

Is it yellow? this year really bad

Unregistered 19-01-2024 02:53 PM

hi guys, my friend got pwc whole leadership award -- anyone in the firm knows if this is prestigious or just a pipeline for internships lol she is planning to go for the winter since she secured a summer placement somewhere else already but is wondering if the award will give her an advantage as an associate within

Unregistered 19-01-2024 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 265962)
hi guys, my friend got pwc whole leadership award -- anyone in the firm knows if this is prestigious or just a pipeline for internships lol she is planning to go for the winter since she secured a summer placement somewhere else already but is wondering if the award will give her an advantage as an associate within

audit? don't bother. unless you really need the scholarship $$$

if the somewhere else is a more prestigious place then don't go pwc. if pwc strategy/deals vs lousy boutique then pwc.

once u join as associate, all same. no one cares about your award

Unregistered 19-01-2024 03:44 PM

Please try to actually sleep 8 hours the day before your interview. When you're extremely sleep deprived for months, sometimes you just lose it during the interview even though you're normally sensible and articulate. Did badly in 3 of my most coveted interviews because of it. I hope this doesn't happen to anyone else, especially now that they're not allowing leaves and MCs due to the hiring freeze.

If the 600k guy is telling the truth, then you'll know why management doesn't give a **** about the audit seniors and managers. If I can get 600k yearly I'd throw an entire generation under the bus too and pretend everything is all o-kay. I already got horrible heart palpitations due to the job, it's so not worth it.

Unregistered 19-01-2024 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 265960)

Are you in yellow? I'm in blue and my dept also having the same issues. Remaining managers are like pressure cookers now

Unregistered 19-01-2024 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 265964)
audit? don't bother. unless you really need the scholarship $$$

if the somewhere else is a more prestigious place then don't go pwc. if pwc strategy/deals vs lousy boutique then pwc.

once u join as associate, all same. no one cares about your award

s://.pwc.com/sg/en/careers/students/talent-programmes/whole-leadership-award.html

can choose summer or winter, whatever department. my friend is from humanities background. thank you for your advice bro

not scholarship also, one-off payment bah lol

Unregistered 19-01-2024 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 265960)

Yellow is the worst b4 in sg, jh land. The mgr like scare lose their job kena kick back jh land lol. Crap

Unregistered 19-01-2024 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 265962)

Its for clown. No ca sg? Local u? Work for jhk ba. No diff, ruin own future. Better run.

Unregistered 19-01-2024 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 265979)
Its for clown. No ca sg? Local u? Work for jhk ba. No diff, ruin own future. Better run.

what is ca sg? yes shes from local uni and this is for an internship (she is given choice between winter and summer) is pwc that bad? wa

Unregistered 19-01-2024 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 265968)
Please try to actually sleep 8 hours the day before your interview. When you're extremely sleep deprived for months, sometimes you just lose it during the interview even though you're normally sensible and articulate. Did badly in 3 of my most coveted interviews because of it. I hope this doesn't happen to anyone else, especially now that they're not allowing leaves and MCs due to the hiring freeze.

If the 600k guy is telling the truth, then you'll know why management doesn't give a **** about the audit seniors and managers. If I can get 600k yearly I'd throw an entire generation under the bus too and pretend everything is all o-kay. I already got horrible heart palpitations due to the job, it's so not worth it.

That’s the problem when there is no separation between shareholder and management.

If you become shareholder, your thinking will be very different from an employee.