Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 19-01-2024 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 266018)
ok...cant she just go for advisory? is there anyone with direct knowledge abt this pls, i can tell from the last 1080 pages that the industry sucks, im just asking a question for my friend thank u

jesus christ stop being such a simp.

if your friend can't even do her own research, she won't last in advisory. we literally need to be self starter and google things and give our managers our conclusions because they will 90% take your word for it, no one has the time to research the same thing all over again to validate your "unsure" findings.

with your lousy research skills in being unable to even come to a conclusion with all the wealth of SG-specific data available online and reading 1080 pages of this thread, you won't do well in advisory either.

if she's asking someone like you for advice, clearly she's not that smart either

please buck up or let someone more suitable have the headcount. we only have a teeny headcount this year so please don't let these kind of cmi people take it and quit 4 months later because cannot cope.

Unregistered 19-01-2024 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 266017)
How can audit partners get new biz in sg ? There is only so many big companies lol

Can poach with lower fees. Or if you're good friends with the CFO. For example, my ex boss used to get his because some of his fellow ex-EY friends joined commercial and rose up to become CFO by the time he reaches partner level, then when he left to be CFO he change our auditor to EY lol. Also MNC HQ in US chose their auditor and we get their SG subsidiary lol.

"Data analytics" is ******** and no one bothers about it when making decisions, at the end of the day it's $$$ reasons or nepotism.

Unregistered 19-01-2024 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 266021)

if your friend can't even do her own research, she won't last in advisory. we literally need to be self starter and google things and give our managers our conclusions because they will 90% take your word for it, no one has the time to research the same thing all over again to validate your "unsure" findings.

with your lousy research skills in being unable to even come to a conclusion with all the wealth of SG-specific data available online and reading 1080 pages of this thread, you won't do well in advisory either.

if she's asking someone like you for advice, clearly she's not that smart either

please buck up or let someone more suitable have the headcount. we only have a teeny headcount this year so please don't let these kind of cmi people take it and quit 4 months later because cannot cope.

bro there aren't any specific articles or specific details about the implications of the whole leadership award other than the generic ones on the PwC page, get off your high horse LOL this thread is to get the information from people already in the scene. don't spread your misery please lol this is unconstructive af

Unregistered 19-01-2024 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 266021)

why are you so rude lol there is very little information if any on the whole leadership. the whole point of this thread is to ask people who is inside the workplace for information past just the flowery "mentorship" that they are offering. relax and don't reply if you have nothing nice to say at all man

Unregistered 19-01-2024 10:57 PM

Singaporean insecure

Are Singaporean here in this forum so insecure about Malaysian stealing your job? Seriously, scare of Malaysian, scare of OT, scare of taking advantage.

F**k off from Big4 lah !!

F**king weakling

All so thin skin, so shy and don't dare ask seniors how to do things.

When encounter a problem, just keep quiet and hide one corner.

Singaporean not united

Singaporean see trouble first to run away

Unregistered 19-01-2024 11:03 PM

To those Idiots who think Big4 will go bust without you

Please.... whether you are big4 managers, senior managers or associate or seniors

Don't think too highly of yourself

You guys are replaceable easily

Don't think that big4 will got bust without you

And F**k You if you keep threatening your boss to resign

Want to resign just resign

Don't squat in your toilet bowl and don't pass your motion

Want F**k off just F**k off

Never think yourself as so great

Never think that big4 own you alot of debts because you make alot of sacrifice

Unregistered 19-01-2024 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 266024)
why are you so rude lol there is very little information if any on the whole leadership. the whole point of this thread is to ask people who is inside the workplace for information past just the flowery "mentorship" that they are offering. relax and don't reply if you have nothing nice to say at all man

Not OP but they actually spoke the truth lol. Why are you ignoring all the posts that are telling you the reality?

Audit is not prestigious and sucks regardless of firm. All the fancy programmes that they change name every year is just a cover and doesn't change the substance, it's an audit associate role. "leadership" "mentorship" "fast track" my foot lol. Everything in audit is refer to last year workpaper to learn because everyone is too busy working on their own sections until 4am to handhold and teach you, and you can only learn through doing which takes >1 year which is normal promotion timeline. We can't even take MC because we don't have any spare time. That's why you only see minister children in advisory dept but never audit.

Never mind, I'll just be nice and tell you, yes join that program. Pwc is great.

Unregistered 19-01-2024 11:42 PM

someone explain why are we booked only for 2 weeks when the entire audit takes 3 weeks? then while working on the next audit, we have to OT for main job while following up on the prev job for hours? is booking so inflexible? the clients are not even listed clients so what's the hurry...

Unregistered 19-01-2024 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 266030)
Not OP but they actually spoke the truth lol. Why are you ignoring all the posts that are telling you the reality?

Audit is not prestigious and sucks regardless of firm. All the fancy programmes that they change name every year is just a cover and doesn't change the substance, it's an audit associate role. "leadership" "mentorship" "fast track" my foot lol. Everything in audit is refer to last year workpaper to learn because everyone is too busy working on their own sections until 4am to handhold and teach you, and you can only learn through doing which takes >1 year which is normal promotion timeline. We can't even take MC because we don't have any spare time. That's why you only see minister children in advisory dept but never audit.

Never mind, I'll just be nice and tell you, yes join that program. Pwc is great.

thank you, this was what i was looking for. whether the leadership award is just a farce for recruiting or whether it will have an actual effect on career growth. will show this to her when the time comes to choose the correct business area and internship, have a great weekend ahead man

Unregistered 19-01-2024 11:47 PM

To that OP who keep spamming about asking the pwc semo award… in before your friend =u lol

I hope and pray very hard u dun join audit,or at least join my team. I can guarantee u that I will PIP u. From ur post alr can tell ure the kind who can’t even research basic stuff on your own and everyday will come pester ur seniors and ask stoopig qns and then still can’t deliver any sai out