Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 09-02-2024 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 267943)
Correct. There are so few sgeans since our pop is so small, so when all go high paying job, no more left to do audit.

Audit pay so shiet, even bank MAP in HR also better pay, almost double, and at half the hours. So which sohai wanna die in audit when they dont need the no. 1 thing b4 offer - sponsorship?

outside of listco, most FS is only used for regulatory compliance. throw in 20 NTAs that nobody ever actually pays attention to. its very difficult low value work for a crap pay.

the industry is disjointed with reality, maybe some of the partners know this but are so close to retirement that they cant be bothered to fix it, the other half are just so high up the food chain they dont know that the quality of staff nowadays cant even give a correct journal entry or just accept this as reality to preserve their margins.

either way any accountant worth 2 cents would not be in audit and would have left for greener pastures as you said. perhaps there are some clinging on to the partner dream, but as many have said there are a lot of better ways to earn money and live a decent life.

the best part is audit is an all time low, but the bottom is no where in sight

Unregistered 09-02-2024 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 267897)
nope im ex big 4. laughing at you clowns trying hard to get in.

its not hard to get in, the bar to enter the big 4 now is as long as you draw breadth, we have people from universities i never hear of before, people who are in their late mid 30s joining as a1s, non accountancy grads. cant imagine what mid tier and below is like lol

Unregistered 09-02-2024 11:02 PM

Happy CNY to those doing stocktake on CNY! Rmb to report to work early tmr!

Unregistered 09-02-2024 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 267997)
Happy CNY to those doing stocktake on CNY! Rmb to report to work early tmr!

Just threw my letter earlier today - onwards to a new chapter

Unregistered 10-02-2024 01:24 AM

Dear colleagues happy cny. As you are aware, our team members from my has returned home for cny and is expected to return back to office after the week of 13th. Remaining team members please have the file ready for preliminary review next week ehen we return to office.

Happy cny.

Sounds familiar??

Unregistered 10-02-2024 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 268001)
Just threw my letter earlier today - onwards to a new chapter

Respect, new year new job. Welcome to 6 figs club.

Unregistered 10-02-2024 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 267908)
Hi your feedback has also been heard and will be addressed.

The total cost to complete the SCAQ is higher than most other professional qualifications
available in Singapore. The exam fees of each foundation module of the SCAQ costs $535,
and each professional module costs $1,391.

A review of the charging model of the SCAQ needs to be performed. On top of the pricing of the exam fees, there should also be consideration over the amount of support that is provided to the candidates. The main factors for this recommendation are:
1. Enhance the support provided to candidates to reduce the cost to candidates
2. Introduce a lower re-sit fee for candidates who fail their first exam attempt
3. Ensure that SCAQ programme fees are affordable

You are from SCAQ?

A person who not working in ATO unable to attempt Professional module leh. How to get himself/herself as CA ?

Unregistered 10-02-2024 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 268007)
Dear colleagues happy cny. As you are aware, our team members from my has returned home for cny and is expected to return back to office after the week of 13th. Remaining team members please have the file ready for preliminary review next week ehen we return to office.

Happy cny.

Sounds familiar??

Sounds very familiar from my A1 days.

but GOOD NEWS:

In the last 5 years, more noticeable in the past 2, the generation of hard-pushing senior managers have left the firm, and the newer generation of managers are A LOT more reasonable.

Nowadays really got "human rights" already. Those horror stories or unreasonable demands have toned down, and I think it's only right we start sharing more recent culture rather than let the old timers harp on how badly they were treated years ago.

Unregistered 10-02-2024 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 268014)
You are from SCAQ?

A person who not working in ATO unable to attempt Professional module leh. How to get himself/herself as CA ?

Hello, I'm not from ISCA but I'm someone working in the accounting industry so can help to answer... your concern was also one who was raised by your peers/friends.

=============================

To enhance the SCAQ's practical experience component, a review on the practice experience policy and requirements need to be performed. This may include the scope of the relevant work experience recognised as well as the requirement for candidates to be working with an ATO.

One recommendation is to allow SCAQ candidate to work under the supervision of an approved mentor without a need for the organisation to be accredited.

ATOs will continue to remain as the main training pathway for candidates. The recognition of work experience under an approved mentor should only be utilised in situations where the candidate's new organisation does not want to be accredited.

Outreach to new employers would also be critical to increase the number of ATOs.

So it sounds like ATO will remain the "main" path, but they will continue to increase number of ATOs while giving candidates a chance to change job to a non-ATO but under approved mentor.

Unregistered 10-02-2024 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 268017)
Hello, I'm not from ISCA but I'm someone working in the accounting industry so can help to answer... your concern was also one who was raised by your peers/friends.

To enhance the SCAQ's practical experience component, a review on the practice experience policy and requirements need to be performed. This may include the scope of the relevant work experience recognised as well as the requirement for candidates to be working with an ATO.

One recommendation is to allow SCAQ candidate to work under the supervision of an approved mentor without a need for the organisation to be accredited.

ATOs will continue to remain as the main training pathway for candidates. The recognition of work experience under an approved mentor should only be utilised in situations where the candidate's new organisation does not want to be accredited.

Outreach to new employers would also be critical to increase the number of ATOs.

So it sounds like ATO will remain the "main" path, but they will continue to increase number of ATOs while giving candidates a chance to change job to a non-ATO but under approved mentor.

Can u tell them to stop the bs. Some small cpa firms have partners with 30 to 40 yoe better than those b4 and mid tiers but they are not ato. These firms have better quality than ur b4 and mid tiers. If you are a regular seminar person its not difficult to see the current partners are full of bs.