Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 28-12-2023 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 264030)
Since 2009 till today

From CPA Singapore to SQP to SCAQ
From ICPAS to ISCA
NTU Accountancy from AAA/B to BCC/B
NUS Biz Admin (Acct.) from AAA/B to AAB/B
SMU Accountancy from AAB/B to BBC/C

We have come a long way to witness the absolute decline of this entire field

2009:
s://.acra.gov.sg/docs/defaul...untancy-hub/cdaspublicconsultation_9dec09.pdf
s://.mof.gov.sg/news-publica...ngapore-into-a-Leading-Global-Accountancy-Hub

2010:
s://.mof.gov.sg/news-publica...ort-At-The-Inaugural-Singapore-Accountancy-Co
s://.sac.gov.sg/sites/sac2017/files/CDAS-FinalReport-12Apr10_0.pdf

2011:
s://.mof.gov.sg/news-publica...sport-At-The-Singapore-Accountancy-Convention

2012:
s://isca.org.sg/media/776285/2013-jan-landmark-year-begins-for-singapores-accountancy-sector.pdf

2013:
s://.sac.gov.sg/new-statutor...ategic-direction-accountancy-sector-and-drive
s://isca.org.sg/media/776265/2013-aug-singapore-accountancy-convention-2013.pdf
s://.acra.gov.sg/docs/defaul...y/public-accountants/CDASExecutiveSummary.pdf

2014:
s://sg.finance.yahoo.com/news/smu-launches-singapore-first-center-024800315.html
s://.mti.gov.sg/Newsroom/Spe...tancy-Conventions-ISCA-Accounting-Conference-

2015:
s://isca.org.sg/media/777160/si...nvention-2015-sponsorship-prospectus-v7-2.pdf

2016:
s://.nas.gov.sg/archivesonline/data/pdfdoc/20160317009.htm

2017:
s://.nas.gov.sg/archivesonline/data/pdfdoc/20171003004.htm

2018:
s://.accaglobal.com/sg/en/member/member/accounting-business/2018/01/insights/sing-2020.html
s://.sac.gov.sg/roadmap-develop-singapore-leading-global-accountancy-hub

2019:
s://.imda.gov.sg/-/media/Imd...tal-Plans/Accountancy-IDP/Accountancy-IDP.pdf
s://.businesstimes.com.sg/ba...countancy-sector-speed-up-technology-adoption

2022:
s://.straitstimes.com/singap...-redesigned-to-meet-digitalisation-challenges
s://.mof.gov.sg/news-publica...ccountancy-commission-since-inception-in-2013

2023:
s://.straitstimes.com/busine...-to-take-up-accountancy-and-change-boring-tag
s://.humanresourcesonline.ne...s-accountancy-sector-and-how-to-overcome-them
s://.businesstimes.com.sg/si...ce-consolidation-singapores-accounting-market
s://.businesstimes.com.sg/si...ody-launches-programme-local-foreign-students
s://.businesstimes.com.sg/working-life/how-do-we-make-accountancy-great-again-singapore
s://.channelnewsasia.com/adv...roblem-through-digital-transformation-3573696
s://.straitstimes.com/singap...-drive-up-s-pore-chartered-accountant-numbers

hi mrclubbie

Unregistered 28-12-2023 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 264127)
“Partner track” has been phased out since donkey years ago, even before year 2000.

There’s no such thing now.. everyone join the firm as even A1 (or A2 if returning intern hnder accelerated program)

Please keep up with the times, even SAF also no more leadership batch, every intake got chance to go command school now.

ok I need to correct myself partially - if you join B4 as poly diploma holder, you are on a different track from the degree holders, but at least 1 of the B4 firms give you the chance to cross-over to be on the same track, subject to some stringent criteria (not sure if they need to take degree or professional papers but there at least there is a path for them too)

Unregistered 28-12-2023 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 264129)
ok I need to correct myself partially - if you join B4 as poly diploma holder, you are on a different track from the degree holders, but at least 1 of the B4 firms give you the chance to cross-over to be on the same track, subject to some stringent criteria (not sure if they need to take degree or professional papers but there at least there is a path for them too)

Dude…can’t u tell that person was shitposting. Do you really need to live up to the stereotype that auditors are boring ass people who only know how to hug frs book to sleep…

Unregistered 28-12-2023 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 264132)
Dude…can’t u tell that person was shitposting. Do you really need to live up to the stereotype that auditors are boring ass people who only know how to hug frs book to sleep…

I prefer to stop the spread of misinformation.

It's possible I am the only real local Singaporean working in a B4 in this thread.

Unregistered 28-12-2023 10:24 PM

This forum hardly have real big4 ppl. Only have jhk stalking on salary, mid tier trash, but mostly is jhk trying to find their way in. They trying to take over our big 4.
I dont think theres many students wanting to go big 4, just see your sept intake. Not as many ntu. Private uni maybe. Ex interns maybe

Unregistered 28-12-2023 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 264133)
I prefer to stop the spread of misinformation.

It's possible I am the only real local Singaporean working in a B4 in this thread.

I don't think many here are actual big 4 staff either, looks more like private uni student with mental problems shitposting.

It's getting harder and harder to be a partner these days anyway. You gotta be a director for at least 7 years before you're allowed to buy-in. And big 4 revenue targets is pretty high lately.

Audit is in a sad state and nobody should join it. I'm the last few of my batch and I would have already left if not for the horrible job market this year. Contemplating resigning without a job in hand.

Unregistered 28-12-2023 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 264143)
I don't think many here are actual big 4 staff either, looks more like private uni student with mental problems shitposting.

It's getting harder and harder to be a partner these days anyway. You gotta be a director for at least 7 years before you're allowed to buy-in. And big 4 revenue targets is pretty high lately.

Audit is in a sad state and nobody should join it. I'm the last few of my batch and I would have already left if not for the horrible job market this year. Contemplating resigning without a job in hand.

i can believe there's actual big 4 staff. you know our new batch this year is made up of private uni grads right? suddenly this year townhall mailbox flooded with jhk this jhk that messages when we never had such things in previous years. looks like the lurkers here got a job

Unregistered 28-12-2023 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 264112)
Most malaysians, once they smell sgd, they can never go back their village to retire bro.

We singaporeans get our million dollar condos for free since you JHK is paying for them. your rental covers my mortgage and interest btw. After a few years I get a free condo or sell for capital gains, or just collect rental yield bro. easy retirement for me. And also I rent out my HDB and condo fully, can close to 10k a month and go travel the world.

CPF interest is the highest, not forgeting we get free 18% extra salary from employer. Where to get such a good deal?

Oh wait, malaysian government didnt look out for their citizens, poor thing. so many sour grapes here. betray their country to grow my lovely singapura, oh singapura~

jokes on you jhk

You forget the cap at 6300

Unregistered 28-12-2023 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 264140)
This forum hardly have real big4 ppl. Only have jhk stalking on salary, mid tier trash, but mostly is jhk trying to find their way in. They trying to take over our big 4.
I dont think theres many students wanting to go big 4, just see your sept intake. Not as many ntu. Private uni maybe. Ex interns maybe

2018 A1 batch still got many locals and got quite a number from NTU. The situation after covid so jialat ah. no locals want to join big 4 already.

Unregistered 29-12-2023 12:04 AM

Dk why yall LOCAL GRADS love to discriminate against private uni grads like y’all are the elites of the elites. The satki nus honors fresh grad still have to listen orders from me a 2 yr pte uni senior in the end. Haolian so much for what. If so good, why come b4 ya?