Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 13-12-2023 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 263019)
lol can tell u never been to big 4.

there are no jhk seniors that are PR. seems like you dont know much about encashment of cpf.

no first class in big 4.

i dont talk to small firm or mid tier monkeys, especially if they are jhk.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

you don't even talk to them and you somehow know about their personal life?

Unregistered 13-12-2023 10:51 PM

heard lots of managers from yellow are resigning after getting PIPed. any other firms facing this too?

Unregistered 14-12-2023 12:39 AM

Does anyone actually feel like they gained business domain knowledge? I feel like we are always short of time, firefighting to get the audit done by the deadline, so we don't really have the time to dig into things to learn more about the industry for all the talk about how you gain inside knowledge about businesses that audit supposedly teaches you.

Unregistered 14-12-2023 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 262987)
Anyone like me can’t stand the new batch of A1s? Out of 10, 9 talk like they are the coolest kids in town, give the bochup attitude, everything anyhow do then expect senior to wipe their karchng. Attitude cui, technical skills cui, accounting knowledge cui, but can talk dragon talk tiger. Smh.

LMAO why in the world do they act like the coolest kids in town and talk dragon talk tiger?? They're in audit! That means they had no choice but to accept the 3rd or 4th backup choice in terms of jobs. They have zero reasons to act until so zai.

If I were in audit, I would keep my head down and find every single way of trying to GTFO from there ASAP.

Unregistered 14-12-2023 01:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 263022)
you don't even talk to them and you somehow know about their personal life?

Hey where are my malaysian JHKs at?
Own up pls, keep OTing and stop complaining. May your Gen Z singaporean A1 give u a hard time.

anyway don't forget to

1) Pay your rent on time because u are helping me pay for my million dollar condo while I rest in my HDB and travel overseas holiday

2) Pay your tax on time so that my economy and country can grow. SGD to the moon.

3) Be thankful we let you in, first class transportation, first class education, first class cleanliness, first class healthcare. It's better than being in your corrupted country that prioritizes malays.

Unregistered 14-12-2023 08:34 AM

Gentle reminder it’s the school holidays and we see an influx of students role playing online…

Unregistered 14-12-2023 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 263035)
Gentle reminder it’s the school holidays and we see an influx of students role playing online…

Thanks for the reminder. Was wondering what happened since even my working age gen z friends don't type like that... I do feel bad for the genuine senior or two trying to get advice here and getting drowned out by those kids.

Unregistered 14-12-2023 09:48 AM

An an associate, I hate working with jhk cause they lack confidence and very panicky when assigned to lead projects.

As a Manager, I hate working with jhk because they can't lead multiple projects without screwing them up.

Hence, I only allow chio jhb into my projects.

Unregistered 14-12-2023 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 263037)
Thanks for the reminder. Was wondering what happened since even my working age gen z friends don't type like that... I do feel bad for the genuine senior or two trying to get advice here and getting drowned out by those kids.

There are other, more appropriate channels to get advice and career help than an anonymous forum intended to share salary information.

Unregistered 14-12-2023 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 263041)
There are other, more appropriate channels to get advice and career help than an anonymous forum intended to share salary information.

For example? Aside from friends and family, I can't think of any. But for some people, they don't have such networks (e.g. myself last time, I was the first in my family to get a degree, but it's a place without many alumni at high places, and have been given bad advice for so many years...). There isn't any SG pay gap or mentorship groups to my knowledge either.