Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 13-12-2023 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 263007)
Associates who get too protected by the Seniors struggle with this.

Moving from working on a few areas at a time to doing a few jobs at a time is a huge leap.

Curious but how do you guys manage to do it without sacrificing sleep?

Unregistered 13-12-2023 09:54 PM

If you are a current senior means u probably were those cmi A1 during covid 19. You guys were cmi already since then, so its like pot caling kettle black. LOL. Capable seniors alreadt left, while u still slogging for your barely 5k salary crazy hours job.

Unregistered 13-12-2023 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 263001)
Become head of internal audit lor. Never touch financials, how to be CFO. At most compliance and risk only.

CCO/CRO get paid more than CFO i think

Unregistered 13-12-2023 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 263009)

We. scarified. sleep.

Unregistered 13-12-2023 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 263006)
Bunch of jhk complaining about singaporeans A1. LOL. U guys deserve it cos u made an AAA course become BCC. Singaporeans A1 pls make them suffer wuahahaha. Go get them guys! Those malaysians cant leave cos they not PR so its hard to find job and if they leave their job its bad for their PR application also.

You do know that your jhk seniors are all PR right? The govt has such an open leg policy, they get them in less than a year after arriving in SG.

If my A1s typed like this I'd get a stroke. No wonder you guys are complaining about them. So glad my team only hire first/upper second class honours.

Unregistered 13-12-2023 10:32 PM

The job market this year must be really bad because there's no turnover AND backfill at my dept lol. 6 of our managers/directors left last year and we still haven't replaced them with anyone and it's just a few more days till 2025.

Unregistered 13-12-2023 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 263014)
You do know that your jhk seniors are all PR right? The govt has such an open leg policy, they get them in less than a year after arriving in SG.

If my A1s typed like this I'd get a stroke. No wonder you guys are complaining about them. So glad my team only hire first/upper second class honours.

If can get first/upper second class but still decide to join audit means your associates only know how to mug for exams but is a kumgong after all. Lol also sounds nowhere better

Unregistered 13-12-2023 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 263009)

Lol we don't. We sleep at 2-5am and it's ****ed up. There's a reason why most of us would rather take a paycut or same pay and jump to accounting roles. At least accounting OT for closing also not that bad, normally until 9pm or latest 11pm only so no more dark eye circles.

Unregistered 13-12-2023 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 263014)

lol can tell u never been to big 4.

there are no jhk seniors that are PR. seems like you dont know much about encashment of cpf.

no first class in big 4.

i dont talk to small firm or mid tier monkeys, especially if they are jhk.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

Unregistered 13-12-2023 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 263017)
If can get first/upper second class but still decide to join audit means your associates only know how to mug for exams but is a kumgong after all. Lol also sounds nowhere better

I'm no longer in audit. There's a very big difference in the quality of juniors in audit vs where I am now. For starters, their work is actually presentable to the client without needing much tweaking (at most add some technical/narrative input), they know how to google for solutions, and they can ask questions without taking 10 minutes to get to the point.

Also I'm sorry to hear that you struggle with academics but for some of us, we don't need to study to get first class honours and just need to listen to the lecture and/or tutorial once then can already, it's not that difficult.