Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 11-01-2024 09:41 AM

Anyone from FDD? how's the work and hours like?

Unregistered 11-01-2024 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 265349)
Now so many more job options, accounting literally no shine already.

CS is the new Accounting these days. Good pay, good increment, good exits, good working environment with aircon, good wlb once have experience, no need to do sales, just need some logic and math skills. CS kids don't come here kpkb say accounting no need brain, maybe AP AR no need but you think IFRS and tax rules for show one ah

Different.

Your world needs professional judgement.
Coding is a specific hard technical skill based on pure logic.

Unregistered 11-01-2024 10:36 AM

Commercial accounting also sucks. Got so many stupid deadlines and my stupid company like to put deadline on Monday morning or even Sunday. I am now wondering whether it is possible to transfer to another dept. Don’t want to do accounting liao. Nb, accounting dept always the last one to leave company everyday. 6pm most people zao liao except for accounting dept

Unregistered 11-01-2024 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 265354)
Commercial accounting also sucks. Got so many stupid deadlines and my stupid company like to put deadline on Monday morning or even Sunday. I am now wondering whether it is possible to transfer to another dept. Don’t want to do accounting liao. Nb, accounting dept always the last one to leave company everyday. 6pm most people zao liao except for accounting dept

Go HR dept

Unregistered 11-01-2024 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 265349)
Now so many more job options, accounting literally no shine already.

CS is the new Accounting these days. Good pay, good increment, good exits, good working environment with aircon, good wlb once have experience, no need to do sales, just need some logic and math skills. CS kids don't come here kpkb say accounting no need brain, maybe AP AR no need but you think IFRS and tax rules for show one ah

Now CS is AAA/B course leh. Acct is BBB/C course. This is reflective of the prospects in each field. How to compare.

What's the use of being stuck in the past? Last time CS was dumping ground, all the biz and acct uni students act so yaya. Now its the other way round.

If you studied acct back when it was a prime uni course, by now you should be a partner or some high ranking person in a corp finance department liao. So how lousy the industry has become at the junior level shouldnt affect u

If you joined acct now or only recently, then too bad lor. who ask you never see the signs

Unregistered 11-01-2024 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 265357)
Now CS is AAA/B course leh. Acct is BBB/C course. This is reflective of the prospects in each field. How to compare.

What's the use of being stuck in the past? Last time CS was dumping ground, all the biz and acct uni students act so yaya. Now its the other way round.

If you studied acct back when it was a prime uni course, by now you should be a partner or some high ranking person in a corp finance department liao. So how lousy the industry has become at the junior level shouldnt affect u

If you joined acct now or only recently, then too bad lor. who ask you never see the signs

the worst is those stuck in transition stage. started uni when still aaa/b, start work when become bbb/c. not stupid and not your fault but reputation still dragged through the mud.

to the partners who keep saying cannot find talent, $$$ is the answer as we can see from the tech boom. CS last time only indians wanna do, now brightest sgeans all doing it because $$$ good. 6 YOE SWE earn more than partners so don't say audit partner (min 15 YOE) $$$ is good.

Unregistered 11-01-2024 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 265357)

The world moves on. I had fun fantasizing those yaya papaya people from 2005 can finally eat humble pie until I realised they would already have moved on and develop their careers by now.

Unregistered 11-01-2024 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 265359)
the worst is those stuck in transition stage. started uni when still aaa/b, start work when become bbb/c. not stupid and not your fault but reputation still dragged through the mud.

to the partners who keep saying cannot find talent, $$$ is the answer as we can see from the tech boom. CS last time only indians wanna do, now brightest sgeans all doing it because $$$ good. 6 YOE SWE earn more than partners so don't say audit partner (min 15 YOE) $$$ is good.

LMAO can attest to that. Partner was boasting about 200k-300k as a good deal for no life grinding for 20 years. My bro and his gf are the type who borderline fail classes in school but doing coding and tech BD now, yet already earn that amount before 30 years old. I hope these partners realise even "lousy" companies outside also give 3-6 months bonus + >$10k in stock too which bump up the pay close to 50%. This is why I always say audit partners got no business acumen, only know how to race to the bottom. Goes to show right place right time very important.

Unfortunately I graduated 1 year before covid happened so hahaha, even if I'm zai at Python also nobody wanna hire me. Only can get interview for more audit roles :) If any student want to be like me then by all means join audit so that they can hire more foreigners for manager roles since it's so **** no local wants to do it :))) Your job prospects are gonna be so great because everyone is gonna associate auditors with people who cmi that's why even considered joining auditing hahaha

Unregistered 11-01-2024 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 265360)
The world moves on. I had fun fantasizing those yaya papaya people from 2005 can finally eat humble pie until I realised they would already have moved on and develop their careers by now.

If they grad in 2005, they'd be a high flyer banker or c-level already. The ones suffering are the recent grads. There's no such thing as karma.

Unregistered 11-01-2024 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 265361)
LMAO can attest to that. Partner was boasting about 200k-300k as a good deal for no life grinding for 20 years. My bro and his gf are the type who borderline fail classes in school but doing coding and tech BD now, yet already earn that amount before 30 years old. I hope these partners realise even "lousy" companies outside also give 3-6 months bonus + >$10k in stock too which bump up the pay close to 50%. This is why I always say audit partners got no business acumen, only know how to race to the bottom. Goes to show right place right time very important.

Unfortunately I graduated 1 year before covid happened so hahaha, even if I'm zai at Python also nobody wanna hire me. Only can get interview for more audit roles :) If any student want to be like me then by all means join audit so that they can hire more foreigners for manager roles since it's so **** no local wants to do it :))) Your job prospects are gonna be so great because everyone is gonna associate auditors with people who cmi that's why even considered joining auditing hahaha

What's so bad about audit roles? Can travel, good wlb, boring but no firefighting. Just need to keep up on auditing standards.