Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 11-11-2021 08:12 PM

Partners got scold SM ? I havent witnessed this? At EY, its always the manager bearing the brunt

Unregistered 11-11-2021 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 189732)
How much do small firms pay for audit roughly

Those small firms which are dormant pay 4-5k to big 4

Unregistered 11-11-2021 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 189734)
Partners got scold SM ? I havent witnessed this? At EY, its always the manager bearing the brunt

More like partner scold manager then manager scold senior. Senior kena the worst. Manager will throw all the **** to senior

Unregistered 11-11-2021 10:59 PM

How much does big 4 charge larger firms

Unregistered 11-11-2021 11:00 PM

I was rest day too like yellow

Unregistered 12-11-2021 12:20 AM

Is it possible that more than 50% of the seniors and below level leave the company at one go? With the shortage of manpower and more regulatory requirements, seniors and associates are pretty much stressed out. I wonder if the Ministry of Manpower is aware of the current big 4 situation. SM and M just keep delegating work and seems endless

Unregistered 12-11-2021 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 189761)
Is it possible that more than 50% of the seniors and below level leave the company at one go? With the shortage of manpower and more regulatory requirements, seniors and associates are pretty much stressed out. I wonder if the Ministry of Manpower is aware of the current big 4 situation. SM and M just keep delegating work and seems endless

Why not? Big 4 like EY thinks throw money and organize some mental health counseling sessions can solve the burnout and low morale problem. joke is on them. I expect more people to throw letter before Christmas. Gen Z are already not stupid to tolerate the "slog hard and sacrifice you life for the company so that you will be rich 20 years later" bullshit.

Unregistered 12-11-2021 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 189761)
Is it possible that more than 50% of the seniors and below level leave the company at one go? With the shortage of manpower and more regulatory requirements, seniors and associates are pretty much stressed out. I wonder if the Ministry of Manpower is aware of the current big 4 situation. SM and M just keep delegating work and seems endless

Lame why will MOM care. this is a private sector and industry-specific issue.

I think you're asking whether MTI and MAS will care if a Big 4 is in jeopardy. No, I dont think they will intervene even if one of the local Big 4 collapses. One of the next tier firms like BDO or RSM can probably step up to fill the market space with the influx of refugees from the failed firm, just like what happened with Arthur Andersen in the US.

Unlike the US where the Big 4 oligopoly is literally too important systemically, we don't have a lot of super-complex super integrated with the economy corporations to audit here. B4 isn't an irreplaceable top part of the pyramid here that one of the sub-B4 cant replace.

Unregistered 12-11-2021 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 189761)
Is it possible that more than 50% of the seniors and below level leave the company at one go? With the shortage of manpower and more regulatory requirements, seniors and associates are pretty much stressed out. I wonder if the Ministry of Manpower is aware of the current big 4 situation. SM and M just keep delegating work and seems endless

MOM will not care if you are wondering why they are not granting more work permit holders to come over. It is already overwhelmed with foreigners now and it is very unhealthy.

If you want the situation to improve, just write an anonymous email to ACRA to alert them on all the high risk audit engagements with no staffing so they can review and whack the big 4s. The leadership will only care when the reputation of the firm is at stake.

Unregistered 12-11-2021 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 189781)
MOM will not care if you are wondering why they are not granting more work permit holders to come over. It is already overwhelmed with foreigners now and it is very unhealthy.

If you want the situation to improve, just write an anonymous email to ACRA to alert them on all the high risk audit engagements with no staffing so they can review and whack the big 4s. The leadership will only care when the reputation of the firm is at stake.

Partner will say no locals want to join audit but they are not willing to improve working conditions and reduce workload because they can hire work permit holders or outsource to overseas team. Partner even boasted some engagements were performed entirely by overseas team and the manager will review


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 06:52 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2