Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 26-07-2022 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 226298)
Yes just last night I piak my married manager at her house while her husband was away. Her leg tremble and she scream until I sibei shiok ah

I got hard while reading this

Unregistered 26-07-2022 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 226401)
bullshiat. Accounting background and CA is not required for high finance. At the end of the day, the accountants are mostly there to do the paper work for the satki bankers and PE finance bros and will forever be at a prestige deficit compared to ppl who start out straight in high finance

What is high finance sia?

Need to come up with a term to feed your own ego by implying other people is low finance?

Unregistered 26-07-2022 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 226401)
bullshiat. Accounting background and CA is not required for high finance. At the end of the day, the accountants are mostly there to do the paper work for the satki bankers and PE finance bros and will forever be at a prestige deficit compared to ppl who start out straight in high finance

You are totally ignorant of the hiring criteria in top international financial and investment firms. It is incorrect to say that qualified accountants are destines to work just in middle and back offices. Always remember that accountancy is also a part of business school. Qualified accountants need not be confined to work as accountants as assumed by many front office personnel. You go and check around in top international firms before making rubbish statement!

Unregistered 26-07-2022 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 226415)
What is high finance sia?

Need to come up with a term to feed your own ego by implying other people is low finance?

Cope better. Btw accounting, and auditing / transactions advisory services that B4 offer, is not even considered finance bro. It's lumped under "professional services".

None of these roles are the drivers of any transactions. They're merely doing the paperwork and other supporting roles for the transactions.

I'm not saying no auditor from a B4 background would ever make it to high finance. I'm just saying the vast majority won't. If you had the calibre to do so, you wouldn't start off in B4 in the first place bro.

Unregistered 26-07-2022 11:45 PM

No one in sell side front office roles, or buyside investment role used high finance to describe themselves.

Unregistered 26-07-2022 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 226428)
No one in sell side front office roles, or buyside investment role used high finance to describe themselves.

Never heard anyone used that term before

Let’s start calling ourselves god tier finance then.

Unregistered 27-07-2022 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 226430)
Never heard anyone used that term before

Let’s start calling ourselves god tier finance then.

I think auditors are more accurately described as beancounting spreadsheet churners lol

Unregistered 27-07-2022 06:35 PM

With the recent big4 increments, all the jhk must be damn happy

I bet many of you didn't know jhk also get the CPF portion that sinkies get, they receive in CASH

Unregistered 27-07-2022 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 226476)

I bet many of you didn't know jhk also get the CPF portion that sinkies get, they receive in CASH

Sure bo. Liddat applying to be jhk NAO..

Unregistered 27-07-2022 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 226476)

which big 4 get increments?