Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

gg88 17-07-2022 09:18 PM

Salary increment from Manager to Senior Manager

Hi all,

Was promoted from Manager to Senior Manager in Deloitte but my salary increment was only from $7.9k to $8.5k. This is about a 7% increment which has been my usual annual performance based increment for the past 4 years. This feels extremely low. Wanted to ask:

1) Should there be a separate increment for the promotion on top of the annual performance based increment?

2) What should the increment be percentage wise from M to SM?

3) What is the pay range for SM? (have 11 years of total working experience)

Thanks.

Unregistered 17-07-2022 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gg88 (Post 225670)
Hi all,

Was promoted from Manager to Senior Manager in Deloitte but my salary increment was only from $7.9k to $8.5k. This is about a 7% increment which has been my usual annual performance based increment for the past 4 years. This feels extremely low. Wanted to ask:

1) Should there be a separate increment for the promotion on top of the annual performance based increment?

2) What should the increment be percentage wise from M to SM?

3) What is the pay range for SM? (have 11 years of total working experience)

Thanks.

Big4 salary are fixed within the specific big4. If you don't want to quit but dare to pull stunt, you can try to tender and hope your partner offers you something to not quit. But usually that comes in the form of workload or maybe some bonus adjustment (which you should know it is not gonna be material).

Look for somethig else if you are unhappy. You are definitely not underpaid within the big4 you are in, as the pay structure is super rigid.

Unregistered 18-07-2022 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 225675)
Big4 salary are fixed within the specific big4. If you don't want to quit but dare to pull stunt, you can try to tender and hope your partner offers you something to not quit. But usually that comes in the form of workload or maybe some bonus adjustment (which you should know it is not gonna be material).

Look for somethig else if you are unhappy. You are definitely not underpaid within the big4 you are in, as the pay structure is super rigid.

8k plus with 11 yoe is lower than what my SO getting 3 years ago.. confirm fake.

Unregistered 18-07-2022 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pokemonmaster (Post 225615)
What about salary range for A2 and SA1 FDD

Yellow FDD A1 4.2k, A2 4.6k, SA1 5.4k

Unregistered 18-07-2022 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 225663)
don't join

low salary or culture issue?

Unregistered 18-07-2022 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 225712)
low salary or culture issue?

Can be both

Unregistered 18-07-2022 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 225623)
experienced role

I heard the new managing partner also same mentality as Max. Just want to squeeze the existing employees and reluctant to hire new staff

Unregistered 18-07-2022 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 225734)
I heard the new managing partner also same mentality as Max. Just want to squeeze the existing employees and reluctant to hire new staff

No point staying in Big 4

Unregistered 18-07-2022 05:07 PM

Been in Big 4 for 2 years.

1 year in blue, 1 year in black and I want out.

Applied for job then recruiter ask me why i only stay 1 year

What to say ah? Or I should have stayed longer?

Unregistered 18-07-2022 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 225734)

It is the same everywhere, big 4 or not.