Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1491-sim-uol-fresh-grad-starting-pay.html)

Unregistered 20-08-2013 11:39 AM

Started off with 2.5k Basic in IT industry.
Moved on to sales with comms and allowances around 4k+

1 year later job hop and manage to get total of 6k+

IT & Banking are the 2 best paying industries for sales personnel.
Don't brood on starting pay. Work hard show your value and improve.

Unregistered 21-08-2013 05:21 PM

what to expect next year

i will graduate may 2014 from SIM. im doing the UOL Bsc.banking finance degree. hope to complete cfa level 1 exam by december. what type of salary can i expect if i want to work in singapore. i am not a singapore citizen or PR.

Unregistered 22-08-2013 12:30 AM

u should go home since u are a product of SIM. Singapore only retains high quality graduates.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 41493)
i will graduate may 2014 from SIM. im doing the UOL Bsc.banking finance degree. hope to complete cfa level 1 exam by december. what type of salary can i expect if i want to work in singapore. i am not a singapore citizen or PR.

Unregistered 22-08-2013 01:33 AM

hi guys, im also a fresh graduate from UOL Banking & Finance, with first class honours.

However I am unemployed for 3months and I have practically zero relevant work experience. I have only been offered sales jobs which I am highly averse to.

I feel that most employers dont really care about my results even though I was expecting to leverage on it to negotiate a better pay. which is kind of disappointing. :(

What is a realistic payscale that I should be looking out for? Should I work in bank ops first?

Hope any experienced guys can help me out. thanks.

yoda 22-08-2013 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 41505)
hi guys, im also a fresh graduate from UOL Banking & Finance, with first class honours.

However I am unemployed for 3months and I have practically zero relevant work experience. I have only been offered sales jobs which I am highly averse to.

I feel that most employers dont really care about my results even though I was expecting to leverage on it to negotiate a better pay. which is kind of disappointing. :(

What is a realistic payscale that I should be looking out for? Should I work in bank ops first?

I would say at least 2.5k for credit analyst positions. Cause I do know of people with your degree with just a pass getting that sum from one of the European banks.

Of course, the caveat is you do need to have some connections as well.

Unregistered 22-08-2013 04:44 PM

Quote:

Your qualifications would probably get u short listed for positions u applied for. After that its up to your own wits and interview skills. Academics aside, extra curricular activities, interns are the other deciding factors. Employers nowadays want a candidate w a holistic edu exp. Who you know plays an impt role in the glamorous IB positions too (if that's what ure looking to venture into). Nonetheless, all best in yr job search.

Unregistered 22-08-2013 04:49 PM

yea, i do not have connections.. but issit typical for fresh grads to work as credit analyst without prior experience? i have actually applied for such jobs but i have not received any response.

Dean 22-08-2013 08:26 PM

Quote:

Try your luck with some of the stat boards / Govt ministries. For instance, MAS, Ministry of Finance. If UOL is a recognised university, they would be able to offer something good.

yoda 22-08-2013 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 41518)
yea, i do not have connections.. but issit typical for fresh grads to work as credit analyst without prior experience? i have actually applied for such jobs but i have not received any response.

I can't put down a tangible number on the definition of 'typical'. I think compliance is more typical than credit analyst jobs. But FCH from UOL should be well sought after, even if its considered a DL degree. Maybe you can try the MA Programs from banks?

Unregistered 23-08-2013 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dean (Post 41522)
Try your luck with some of the stat boards / Govt ministries. For instance, MAS, Ministry of Finance. If UOL is a recognised university, they would be able to offer something good.

UOL is not recognised. UniSIM is. But with a first class. I'm surprised that you are finding it hard to land a job. Don't ask for much. Try to ask for 2.9-3.1. Anything more than that would be difficult and requires connections.