Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1491-sim-uol-fresh-grad-starting-pay.html)

Unregistered 05-07-2013 07:21 PM

hmmm there were people from my JC who got bad results (Ds and Es) who were accepted by NTU/NIE. need to sign a bond. are they considered local uni grads as well? :/

Unregistered 05-07-2013 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 39537)
hmmm there were people from my JC who got bad results (Ds and Es) who were accepted by NTU/NIE. need to sign a bond. are they considered local uni grads as well? :/

Where got such thing? If people with straight E and D can go local uni then all the private institutes will go bankrupt already. I also applied for NTU and NIE two years back with CDD/B GP A PW B. Kena reject straight in the face. Never even get interview lol. So no, I dont think anyone with those grades would get into local uni. At most only ADM but that one also need quite a strong portfolio.

Maybe they got in with a few A and B but one D or E. Maybe can.

Unregistered 05-07-2013 07:44 PM

All NIE students must sign bond regardless of their grades. Yes they are considered local uni as well and no, I dont think they would get in with those grades. They might have gotten into NIE's DIPLOMA programme though but that would be different situation altogether since we are talking about local degree not local diploma.

Unregistered 05-07-2013 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 39539)
Where got such thing? If people with straight E and D can go local uni then all the private institutes will go bankrupt already. I also applied for NTU and NIE two years back with CDD/B GP A PW B. Kena reject straight in the face. Never even get interview lol. So no, I dont think anyone with those grades would get into local uni. At most only ADM but that one also need quite a strong portfolio.

Maybe they got in with a few A and B but one D or E. Maybe can.

i mean NIE in NTU. a girl in my class got in with DDE and an interview. another guy in my cca got in with CDE with interview too. i was shocked too when i heard that. they need to sign a bond to do the degree prog though.

Unregistered 05-07-2013 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 39541)
i mean NIE in NTU. a girl in my class got in with DDE and an interview. another guy in my cca got in with CDE with interview too. i was shocked too when i heard that. they need to sign a bond to do the degree prog though.

Maybe they got good CCA? Wah. Knn if I know I wouldve applied this year again....

ntu grad 05-07-2013 08:07 PM

the NIE degree is not worth it, dun bother. its not even recognised outside MOE. might as well do a private degree. and if you wanna do a private degree, pls go to SIM and not any other private schs. some firms who prefer local uni grads do take in a few SIM peeps but never hear them taking in grads from other private schs. im from NTU accountancy working in KPMG and there are quite abit of SIM grads here (of cos majority is still local unis and a few overseas unis) and the SIM grads i know took degrees awarded by RMIT or UOL or UNISIM.

local uni grad doing HR 05-07-2013 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 39506)
You really need to be more resourceful, poly dude.

School of Science & Technology

No one is putting down anyone. The Dean, who previously taught materials science in NTU, said that although the students may not be the brightest, they are very determined and yearned for a better life for the family. He then quoted the example of a hardworking student who, unfortunately, passed on after taking his exams.

you are talking about UniSIM. UniSIM are all part time students who have working experiences so when they graduate with a degree, they get a promotion and of course their salaries will be higher than NUS/NTU/SMU fresh grads.

I think most of us are talking about fresh out of JC and Poly students who go to SIM to do degrees partnered with foreign universities. When they graduate, their 'status' are the same as fresh grads from local universities.

Dun pose as a fake lecturer from SIM please. A lecturer will be surfing forum here?

Unregistered 05-07-2013 11:42 PM

i do not need to convince you:)

I just teach, earn my 375 dollars per session lecturing and preparation of notes and go home :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by local uni grad doing HR (Post 39547)
you are talking about UniSIM. UniSIM are all part time students who have working experiences so when they graduate with a degree, they get a promotion and of course their salaries will be higher than NUS/NTU/SMU fresh grads.

I think most of us are talking about fresh out of JC and Poly students who go to SIM to do degrees partnered with foreign universities. When they graduate, their 'status' are the same as fresh grads from local universities.

Dun pose as a fake lecturer from SIM please. A lecturer will be surfing forum here?

local uni grad doing HR 06-07-2013 04:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 39554)
i do not need to convince you:)

I just teach, earn my 375 dollars per session lecturing and preparation of notes and go home :)

pls dun harm the future generation, they need someone better. if you are in for the money, why not do something else?

NUS 2001 06-07-2013 06:14 AM

Those SIM grads who 'make it big' dun just stop at their bachelor degree. By 'making it big', i mean those who go on to head the company, head the department or in upper management. They go on to Masters or do professional certs/courses. By the way I do know of some who got accepted by NUS/NTU/SMU to do Masters cos they mainly have good working experiences to boot.

When you are in the private sector, your attitude and ability will bring you further, not so much of where you come from. Trust me, I have been in the private sector for slightly more than 10 years.

I'm sure many people here are undergrads or only just started working for awhile cos it seems many posts are just based on what you think and what you believe.