Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1491-sim-uol-fresh-grad-starting-pay.html)

Unregistered 09-09-2013 06:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 42074)
Will it be better if i went on to pursue my MSC in finance at LSE provided i got 5 A next year to get my straights A and hopefully UOL is willing to sponsored me to LSE to study MSC. It is expensive to study in there from what i heard especially without sponsorship. Another alternative is for me to work and get sponsored by company to go LSE to get my MSC. If that's the case, i would like to know which job or company will and has the capability to sponsor me for my master. I don't mind being bonded for a few years. Thanks for your help guys. I will appreciate it alot. =)

UOL degree no value huan so hor ish either you have NUS or NTU degree or lagi better you have foreign degree.LSE very good school in finance huan.if you sway sway never get 1st class then ask your daddy send you go LSE study.now very cheap liao the currency.

Unregistered 09-09-2013 06:51 PM

You may be able to get into lse, I repeat, you may. Because not all first class hons are sponsored for the programme. It's not a big deal in the working world. With regards to sponsorship by a company, unless the company needs you to have an msc, if not no way.

Unregistered 11-09-2013 07:35 AM

Thing is, its not that difficult to read a masters programme. Because masters is not as competitive as bachelor's. Those with a good bachelor's go straight to work because they can hit a good pay. No doubt that an FCH UOL will be able to take a masters at LSE. But I doubt you will get sponsored for it. There is literally no scholarships for masters programs. Not even here locally. Masters students are usually working adults, hence they should not require a scholarship. On top of that, masters students dont add value to the university. Unlike Phd students, which are sponsored and given stipends and lodging. Phd students conduct research etc. Masters students are like older undergrads.

Unregistered 11-09-2013 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 42273)
Thing is literally no scholarships for masters programs. Not even here locally. Masters students are usually working adults, hence they should not require a scholarship.

My company has 5 staff (out of 30) on company sponsorship to do NUS MBA after which they will be bonded for 2 years. Nuff said.

Unregistered 11-09-2013 02:18 PM

I am from ST engineering, I have a sponsored masters in systems engineering next year in the USA, after which I will be bonded for 3 years!

Unregistered 11-09-2013 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 42072)
Just take up some generic analysis role in a local SME for a few years and get exp first. UOL 3rd class no hope for MNC or even GLC one.

The other alrternative is to join comission sales jobs.

Agreed, commission sales jobs definitely suits SIM-UOL graduates, so they could cannon all they want about earn big bucks and being successful. As for audit and IB? Don't make my toes laugh ok?
Even a generic analysis job is hard to come by for any SIM graduate, rather settle for an accounts/administrative assistant role and slowly climb from there or the other alternative which is sales which SIM graduates tend to do well judging the number of insurance and property agents from SIM.

Unregistered 12-09-2013 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 42276)
My company has 5 staff (out of 30) on company sponsorship to do NUS MBA after which they will be bonded for 2 years. Nuff said.

Sorry. I meant no scholarships from universities. Company wise, yes there are for the ones who worked long enough and are good enough. But I was replying to the poster when he said he is hoping that UOL will sponsor him. Which I'm sure they won't because no university actually does that at masters level.

Unregistered 12-09-2013 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 42307)
Sorry. I meant no scholarships from universities. Company wise, yes there are for the ones who worked long enough and are good enough. But I was replying to the poster when he said he is hoping that UOL will sponsor him. Which I'm sure they won't because no university actually does that at masters level.

a very select few (1-2) out of every cohort do get scholarships to study at LSE. get your facts right.

Unregistered 13-09-2013 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 42312)
a very select few (1-2) out of every cohort do get scholarships to study at LSE. get your facts right.

1 out of so many. Its pretty negligible.

Unregistered 13-09-2013 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 42360)
1 out of so many. Its pretty negligible.

it is very different from what you were inferring.