Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1491-sim-uol-fresh-grad-starting-pay.html)

Unregistered 23-08-2013 12:49 AM

thanks for all the helpful advice. i was optimistic and my expected salary was 3k at first. right now, after 3mths, i have brought down my expectations to 2.6k. and im still not hired. not even an interview. so i pretty sure im not asking for too much.

Unregistered 23-08-2013 09:28 AM

My UOL class mate got first class honors and got a job in SHELL as a risk analyst. Few years later and he is still with SHELL but now as a freight analyst.

Unregistered 23-08-2013 11:26 AM

tok cok ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 41538)
My UOL class mate got first class honors and got a job in SHELL as a risk analyst. Few years later and he is still with SHELL but now as a freight analyst.

Unregistered 23-08-2013 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 41538)

Shell analyst good, most are paid 9-12k basic

Unregistered 23-08-2013 05:29 PM

uol, 2nd upper grad bnf. 45k/annum (min) settlements with foreign bank.

Unregistered 25-08-2013 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 41549)
uol, 2nd upper grad bnf. 45k/annum (min) settlements with foreign bank.

let me guess.... bank of china? or icprc? lol

Unregistered 26-08-2013 11:39 AM

2.7 accounting firm.. i grad with 2nd lower class.

Unregistered 06-09-2013 06:48 AM

Hello guys, I'm a fresh grad with uol degree in econs. Third class honours. (i know, should have studied harder).

Wanted to ask what kind of jobs should I be looking out for? Also, what should my expected salary be? I have prior experience in credit collection and customer service.

To be honest, I took my degree simply because I love econs. But looking around now at analyst jobs, most of them require skills and experience that I do not have. So any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Unregistered 06-09-2013 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 42065)
Hello guys, I'm a fresh grad with uol degree in econs. Third class honours. (i know, should have studied harder).

Wanted to ask what kind of jobs should I be looking out for? Also, what should my expected salary be? I have prior experience in credit collection and customer service.

To be honest, I took my degree simply because I love econs. But looking around now at analyst jobs, most of them require skills and experience that I do not have. So any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Just take up some generic analysis role in a local SME for a few years and get exp first. UOL 3rd class no hope for MNC or even GLC one.

The other alrternative is to join comission sales jobs.

Unregistered 06-09-2013 09:41 AM

Undecided between finance and accounts jobs

Hi, a self introduction of me. I am still a student, currently with 4 A and 5 more modules to take next year, expected a first class honours in UOL. I am undecided which path should i go, although i am more interested in analyst role in IB or in banks. But i know it is hard to enter such job prospects as it is very competitive and usually the IVY league people will get such jobs. Hence, i am putting accounting job as a backup. May i know what's the difference between tax, advisory and audit in BIG 4 and are they willing to accept FCH from uol. For audit, i heard of people manage to get into big 4 through merits if they are FCH and connections if they are 2.1.

Will it be better if i went on to pursue my MSC in finance at LSE provided i got 5 A next year to get my straights A and hopefully UOL is willing to sponsored me to LSE to study MSC. It is expensive to study in there from what i heard especially without sponsorship. Another alternative is for me to work and get sponsored by company to go LSE to get my MSC. If that's the case, i would like to know which job or company will and has the capability to sponsor me for my master. I don't mind being bonded for a few years. Thanks for your help guys. I will appreciate it alot. =)