Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1491-sim-uol-fresh-grad-starting-pay.html)

Unregistered 04-08-2015 01:12 PM

This page says SIM UOL fresh grad starting pay and no where does it mention Local Uni grads.So why are there so many local Uni grads on this page? Are they just nosy ? I think they're unemployed in the real world,so nothing better to do,so they come here and say Quote : "If everyone got degree, the the one who gets hired will be the one with a "better degree".

Unregistered 04-08-2015 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 71010)
If everyone got degree, the the one who gets hired will be the one with a "better degree".

^moron. If everyone has a degree, who gets called up for interview will be one that has relevant experience. If no experience is required, then they go for whoever has a more recognized degree. Whoever gets hired will be the one who performs best during interviews.

Unregistered 04-08-2015 03:22 PM

I am a 1st class grad from SIM UOL and definitely had worked hard for it. Been in the cash cow industry for 6 years now thus I hope i can dispel some misguided impression here.

1. Working life is not all about cert, though it counts. We don't wear our certs as bibs everyday thus where you graduated from doesn't really matter. It is fundamentally education, EQ, desire to excel and a bit of luck.

2. There is no such thing as local uni looking down on private uni/diploma students, that is naive and only happens between student groups; Everyone is and will be busy proving themselves in the workforce.

End of the day, condos, cars, cash, are just statistical measurement of success. Having no emotional balance will make you as good as none.

Unregistered 04-08-2015 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 71021)
I am a 1st class grad from SIM UOL and definitely had worked hard for it. Been in the cash cow industry for 6 years now thus I hope i can dispel some misguided impression here.

1. Working life is not all about cert, though it counts. We don't wear our certs as bibs everyday thus where you graduated from doesn't really matter. It is fundamentally education, EQ, desire to excel and a bit of luck.

2. There is no such thing as local uni looking down on private uni/diploma students, that is naive and only happens between student groups; Everyone is and will be busy proving themselves in the workforce.

End of the day, condos, cars, cash, are just statistical measurement of success. Having no emotional balance will make you as good as none.


Since you're a first class graduate,is it possible to gain admissions for a masters program at a local U,satisfying all entry requirements of course?

Unregistered 04-08-2015 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 71023)
Since you're a first class graduate,is it possible to gain admissions for a masters program at a local U,satisfying all entry requirements of course?

A better question will be, is Masters even useful in the cash cow industry?

Unregistered 04-08-2015 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 71013)
This page says SIM UOL fresh grad starting pay and no where does it mention Local Uni grads.So why are there so many local Uni grads on this page? Are they just nosy ? I think they're unemployed in the real world,so nothing better to do,so they come here and say Quote : "If everyone got degree, the the one who gets hired will be the one with a "better degree".

Ok, let me spoon feed you :

High Employability

SIMís University of London graduates have consistently demonstrated high employability according to SIMís annual Graduate Employment survey. The survey on the Class of 2013 showed 89.7% of respondents were gainfully employed in their first full-time job within six months after their final examination.

The average monthly salary was S$2,719. It also found:

32% work in wholly foreign-owned firms (MNC and non-MNC)
17% work in wholly local-owned companies (public)
27% work in local-owned private organisations
6% work in government-linked companies/ministries
52% found jobs in the finance/accounting industry
16% work in administration and operations
12% found jobs in marketing/sales
5% found jobs in infocomm technology
5% found jobs in human resources/training

Info from latest SIM UOL brochure.

Enough?

Unregistered 04-08-2015 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 71025)
Ok, let me spoon feed you :

High Employability

SIMís University of London graduates have consistently demonstrated high employability according to SIMís annual Graduate Employment survey. The survey on the Class of 2013 showed 89.7% of respondents were gainfully employed in their first full-time job within six months after their final examination.

The average monthly salary was S$2,719. It also found:

32% work in wholly foreign-owned firms (MNC and non-MNC)
17% work in wholly local-owned companies (public)
27% work in local-owned private organisations
6% work in government-linked companies/ministries
52% found jobs in the finance/accounting industry
16% work in administration and operations
12% found jobs in marketing/sales
5% found jobs in infocomm technology
5% found jobs in human resources/training

Info from latest SIM UOL brochure.

Enough?

How stupid of you to think I'm a Sim grad.This is precisely why I say you're nosy. :P

temp111 04-08-2015 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 71010)
If everyone got degree, the the one who gets hired will be the one with a "better degree".

Retarded idiot. Noob shite.

Unregistered 04-08-2015 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 71023)
Since you're a first class graduate,is it possible to gain admissions for a masters program at a local U,satisfying all entry requirements of course?

My answer is Yes it is possible, as institute will look at your work experience and gmat scores. But is it required? My answer is no for many cases, unless your work place is sponsoring for your course of study. And like I said, cert is just a minor part of your work experience. Unless you are in the company's talent management program, there is no need to spend the money for worthless pursuit.

Just my 2 cents :)

Unregistered 04-08-2015 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 71021)
I am a 1st class grad from SIM UOL and definitely had worked hard for it. Been in the cash cow industry for 6 years now thus I hope i can dispel some misguided impression here.

1. Working life is not all about cert, though it counts. We don't wear our certs as bibs everyday thus where you graduated from doesn't really matter. It is fundamentally education, EQ, desire to excel and a bit of luck.

2. There is no such thing as local uni looking down on private uni/diploma students, that is naive and only happens between student groups; Everyone is and will be busy proving themselves in the workforce.

End of the day, condos, cars, cash, are just statistical measurement of success. Having no emotional balance will make you as good as none.

Thanks for giving some good advice. Shows there are some good SIM graduates out there, just like how there are some idiot local uni graduates.

Certificate is only the foot in the door. Once hired, boss is not going to give you more salary or promotions just cos you have a local uni degree. Evaluation is all about work performance.


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 01:18 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2