Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   DBS tech seed programme (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/12886-dbs-tech-seed-programme.html)

Unregistered 04-04-2022 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 212284)
that thread is full of retards

if they're not a CS grad then sure, go for micron, who cares. But if they're CS grad and looking to go into software development ( front-end / back-end specifically ), going to a engineering company like micron is the fastest way to fk yourself and pigeon hole into some ******** unrelated engineering role in the future.

there's a reason why people who love fintech stick to fintech companies, front-end devs sticking to internet companies like shopee, bytedance, etc and AI techies going with self-driving car companies or FAANG only.

lol this joker 100% not from CS. "Front end dev go shopee bytedance" back end leh? "AI techies go FAANG and self driving cars companies" is even a better joke. Research that professors in ML/AI are working on includes using CV to detect faulty semiconductor chips. Micron has unrelated engineering role? Pls la go read up on embedded software development. You are probably one of the non CS rejects who cant even code and make silly comments during TT.

Unregistered 05-04-2022 01:31 AM

im from engineering, only took one mandatory programming mod, and almost failed it, somehow dbs tech seed also accepted me, $5k salary.. I was also accepted by micron, $5k.. which shld i choose?

Unregistered 05-04-2022 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 212298)
lol this joker 100% not from CS. "Front end dev go shopee bytedance" back end leh? "AI techies go FAANG and self driving cars companies" is even a better joke. Research that professors in ML/AI are working on includes using CV to detect faulty semiconductor chips. Micron has unrelated engineering role? Pls la go read up on embedded software development. You are probably one of the non CS rejects who cant even code and make silly comments during TT.

Because backend jobs at Shopee and bytedance, etc suck. Their WLB is significantly worse than front-end people given that back-end also includes all the security, filtering and other ML nonsense roles that are insanely difficult to work in unless you're already a CS god.

I won't even talk about the rest, you're clearly a micron nuthugger or a loser who got dumped into that trash company and can't get out.

Tough luck buddy. also LOL @ software embedded. Yeah have fun with that outdated trash tech.

Unregistered 05-04-2022 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 212317)
Because backend jobs at Shopee and bytedance, etc suck. Their WLB is significantly worse than front-end people given that back-end also includes all the security, filtering and other ML nonsense roles that are insanely difficult to work in unless you're already a CS god.

I won't even talk about the rest, you're clearly a micron nuthugger or a loser who got dumped into that trash company and can't get out.

Tough luck buddy. also LOL @ software embedded. Yeah have fun with that outdated trash tech.

LOL not from micron but if you insist at least i am still wanted with 5k base pay. And u? Probably cant get into CS and stuck with some other engineering courses that wants to get into tech for twice ur expected salary. Lol backend includes ML and security? Front end easier life? You clearly have not worked there before or understand SDLC. You cant comment on the rest because you clearly have no idea on what i am saying. Go back to ur 3k a mth job. Oops, given how knowledgable you are and trying to act all big i dont think you can even find a job.

Unregistered 05-04-2022 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 212301)
im from engineering, only took one mandatory programming mod, and almost failed it, somehow dbs tech seed also accepted me, $5k salary.. I was also accepted by micron, $5k.. which shld i choose?

If you are from an engineering degree, please stick to engineering related jobs. CS jobs require high level skills that engineers don't have. I mean I could easily oil machinery or change light bulbs just like other low skill engineering jobs but can you write a line of code properly without referring to external resources?

Don't embarrass yourself - engineering join tech job. What a joke.

Unregistered 05-04-2022 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 212337)
LOL not from micron but if you insist at least i am still wanted with 5k base pay. And u? Probably cant get into CS and stuck with some other engineering courses that wants to get into tech for twice ur expected salary. Lol backend includes ML and security? Front end easier life? You clearly have not worked there before or understand SDLC. You cant comment on the rest because you clearly have no idea on what i am saying. Go back to ur 3k a mth job. Oops, given how knowledgable you are and trying to act all big i dont think you can even find a job.

Never said you were from micron.

Learn to read. I don't care much you make either LMAO how is your earnings relevant to this argument? You ok? first time arguing logically?

Backend does include ML and security, lmfao it's literally on bytedance career page, same for shopee.

The rest of your post is more garbage baseless nonsense.

Try harder.

Unregistered 05-04-2022 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 212260)
It says "Selection"... I didn't get any shortlisted email or anything after the Techtrek 4... :(

Then why did they organise techtrek 5 ?

Unregistered 05-04-2022 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 212301)

Which engineering are you ?

Unregistered 05-04-2022 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 212390)
Which engineering are you ?

Materials!

Unregistered 05-04-2022 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 212395)
Materials!

same here lmao. except i think seed is quite shitty for tech. advise u to find other tech roles if u still have time. otherwise its rly up to u, but i wouldnt recommend seed